List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh for the days when a kid sending a 20c piece in a letter to a superstar forward, stopped him leaving the Bulldogs to go to Port Adelaide.
Not sure there's too many kids with a spare $1M to post to Jake.:D
Great idea! Write a letter to Jake, and bung 20c in it and say it was your week's pocket money. Trouble is you won't be able to write it in your own handwriting or he will know it was from an adult; try thinking like a Powa supporter when you write it, that should do the trick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Lever chooses the Bulldogs if he decides to leave. Their 1st is a decent starting point and we would be interested in SA boys Lewis Young or Caleb Daniel(currently not signed up) as top up on their 1st.

Collingwood are also not too bad with pick 5 with Scharenberg. St.Kilda have 2 x 1st rounders but none of their players interest me. Melbourne have plenty of midfielders I'd ask for one of them their 1st won't be far below ours I think.

Hawthorn would be a nightmare as they don't have much to offer their 2018 1st could be higher then 10 but could be top 4 hard to tell.

I hope Lever chooses the Bulldogs if he decides to leave. Their 1st is a decent starting point and we would be interested in SA boys Lewis Young or Caleb Daniel(currently not signed up) as top up on their 1st.

Collingwood are also not too bad with pick 5 with Scharenberg. St.Kilda have 2 x 1st rounders but none of their players interest me. Melbourne have plenty of midfielders I'd ask for one of them their 1st won't be far below ours I think.

Hawthorn would be a nightmare as they don't have much to offer their 2018 1st could be higher then 10 but could be top 4 hard to tell.
Nah, we just take their first in 2017 and 2018. No need for players like Daniel.

The Melbourne and Hawks scenarios are poor for us.

St Kilda very good if we can on-trade the 2017 pick + whatever needed straight away for a top line mid.

Def no to Caleb Daniel.

The Melbourne and Hawks scenarios are poor for us.

St Kilda very good if we can on-trade the 2017 pick + whatever needed straight away for a top line mid.

Def no to Caleb Daniel.

I think Melbourne is good for us. They have first round picks available in 2017 and 2018, and they're stacked in the midfield, which is where we need players from.

Forget about Daniel. Young yes.

"
AFL million-dollar-defender-in-waiting Jake Lever has indicated cash won’t shape his decision on where he plays in 2018, and says the delay in his contract talks with Adelaide should not be cause for alarm at West Lakes.

Lever, heir to Richmond’s Alex Rance’s throne as the league’s premier key defender and intercept king, has an approximate market value of $800,000 a year.

Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Collingwood and Hawthorn are understood to be lining up with five-year deals as clubs prepare to pay big money for stars.

Richmond’s Dustin Martin could earn up to $6m in a six year deal at Punt Rd as club coffers are swelled by a 20 per cent increase in the salary cap following completion of the AFL’s pay deal.

But Lever says no negotiations will be ramped up until manager Ned Guy returns from holidays and is in “no hurry” to commit to the Crows, who selected the 195cm defender with pick 14 at the 2014 national draft.

Not signing by finals eve shouldn’t spook Crows fans, who have seen stars Patrick Dangerfield, Kurt Tippett and Jack Gunston leave in recent years.

“Don’t believe all the stats,” said Lever in relation to players leaving clubs when not signed by Round 18.

Melbourne legend Garry Lyon rates Lever a $1 million commodity.

Adding the 21-yyear-old would arguably launch the Demons to frontline premiership favouritism in 2018.

Lever’s father also is a friend of Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney.

Adelaide list manager Justin Reid is under pressure find salary cap space to allow him to pay the defender’s price but Lever says it will be a two way discussion

Adelaide skipper Taylor Walker refrained from pursuing a pay increase in committing to the club until 2021 in the hope off-contract pair Mitch McGovern and Lever can be retained at West Lakes.

“I don’t think it is that. We just have to work through a few things and the big thing is when my manager gets back we will be able to talk,” Lever told Radio FiveAA, having previously pointed to collective bargaining agreement negotiations as delaying contract negotiations.

“It’s basically in the same position that it was two weeks ago. My manager is away and gets back in the coming weeks and we will work through things.”

Whether Lever — averaging 16.4 touches per game this season — leaves or remains at West Lakes, he’s indebted to 308-game club stalwart and locker neighbour Scott Thompson, who will retire at season’s end.

“I was privileged to sit next to him nearly every day since I have been here. He is such a loveable character. You look at his preparation and the way he attacks training,” said Lever.

“He has played 308 games and I have played 40, so (I’m) just amazed at how resilient he has been.”

Notice there is nothing from Jake about working with the club, or wanting to stay here.
Weren't Geelong meant to be premiership favourites when Dangerflog joined them, ditto $kirt to Sydney?

Moral of the story, one player does not make a premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back