List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would actually be good if someone (else) could plot a calendar of when signing announcements are usually made. When is the norm, when do the big guns usually re-sign, when is it time to panic, how clubs compare to other clubs etc.

10817792.gif

Sort of that with some sort of fire hose going

Yeah I know how it works.

What you don't get it the players who leave have numerous articles written about them because they've remained unsigned for the whole year. The club gets named eventually too. The story dies when they sign, if they leave all speculation throughout the year becomes prophetic.

It was playing out like that with Lever.

If he was still negotiating with the club over the next couple of months the stories will have more meat on them.

He's had just as much leaving talk in the media as McGovern to date.

At years end if McGovern leaves I wonder who will have more correct stories written about leaving? Hmmmm?
There has been nowhere near the talk of Lever leaving vs Gov leaving. Therr has been numerous reports he WILL go back to WA at the end of the year.
Show me one saying that Lever WILL go back to Vic at the end of the year.

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? Can I send you a gif to evaluate if its appropriate for a femme version?

I happen to think its hilarious - but probably would end up with a time out lol....
Ok

In fact if anyone else wants to send through borderline inappropriate femme version gifs to check please feel free

Last edited:
There has been nowhere near the talk of Lever leaving vs Gov leaving. Therr has been numerous reports he WILL go back to WA at the end of the year.
Show me one saying that Lever WILL go back to Vic at the end of the year.
Tony Sheehan has called it. The other stories have been about the Perth clubs having a dip. No different to what was reported about lever with Melbourne and Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it really does turn out he's staying on a five year deal, it will show how the market has been changed by increased player power

Clubs don't want 5 year deals, and it's starting to look they're becoming fairly standard

As long as the player isn't the type to slack off, I can't see why they'd not. 5 years is a long time and if Jake decides he wants to go home after 3, we get true value for him. There'd be a character test I'd like to see passed, but following that, I wouldn't hesitate to give pre 25 year old interstaters 5 year contracts. I wish Danger still had 2 years left when he chose to go.

If it really does turn out he's staying on a five year deal, it will show how the market has been changed by increased player power

Clubs don't want 5 year deals, and it's starting to look they're becoming fairly standard
I would have thought Adelaide's preference would be a longer rather than a shorter deal for Lever!

Last edited:
If this announcement is soon, then it follows the similar pattern to Lynch and Sloane where they are heavily linked to other clubs then within a week or so stay.

Makes me wonder if McGovern is following a similar pattern with the talk from the West about him increasing this week and about talking to them (Freo supposedly met with him this weekend) and he also stays.

I wonder if the cause of that sort of rumour is the player manager telling the opposition club the player is going to stay with us. The media get wind a conversation has happened between those parties but assumes it is about leaving and writes such a story.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did anyone see channel 7 news last night? SEN just played a snippet but it sounded like the whole report. Did they mention 5 years on 7? From the bit SEN played just now Bruce Abernathy mentions 'multi year deal' not 5 year deal.

What is interesting is Sam McClure's angle was that it's not a done deal then Garry mentioned something about 7 mentioning a 5 year deal. From the bit they played of the 7 report they never mentioned 5 years.

What the?? By mentioning the 5 year deal they let slip they know more than they are letting on. Guess speculating helps ratings more than just saying 'Lever is staying'.

Did anyone see channel 7 news last night? SEN just played a snippet but it sounded like the whole report. Did they mention 5 years on 7? From the bit SEN played just now Bruce Abernathy mentions 'multi year deal' not 5 year deal.

What is interesting is Sam McClure's angle was that it's not a done deal then Garry mentioned something about 7 mentioning a 5 year deal. From the bit they played of the 7 report they never mentioned 5 years.

What the?? By mentioning the 5 year deal they let slip they know more than they are letting on. Guess speculating helps ratings more than just saying 'Lever is staying'.
Maclure spoke to his manager this morning and said it was ok to directly quote him.

They haven't even started negotiations. And it's because lever wants to wait for the cba and the crows won't put any increases into contracts.

Which I found interesting.

Maclure spoke to his manager this morning and said it was ok to directly quote him.

They haven't even started negotiations. And it's because lever wants to wait for the cba and the crows won't put any increases into contracts.

Which I found interesting.

Did you hear the sms they read? Sms reports that Lever on 5aa last night when asked are you staying? "Absolutely". McClure's re the sms, 'well that's their view, but I have a direct quote from Ned Guy'. Huh? You ignore a direct quote from the player where he says he is staying and go with you quote from Ned guy this morning as he's rushing to board a plane and probably not even aware of what Jake has said on Adelaide radio the night before..

Did you hear the sms they read? Sms reports that Lever on 5aa last night when asked are you staying? "Absolutely". McClure's re the sms, 'well that's their view, but I have a direct quote from Ned Guy'. Huh? You ignore a direct quote from the player where he says he is staying and go with you quote from Ned guy this morning as he's rushing to board a plane and probably not even aware of what Jake has said on Adelaide radio the night before..
Not here to argue mate.
I'm sure lever will stay.

Just popped over to read the preview thread. Saw this thread and thought people might like to know what was said.
Lever may well have said 'absolutely' to him staying. But that's got nothing to do with the contract being done. Which it's not, because they haven't even started talking.

So your comment of 'locked in' from a few pages back is completely wrong.
It's ok, we have people on our board who make stuff up too to look relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back