List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great young lad is Lever. Speaks like a leader. Plays like one too!
Just wanted to give flashbacks to that game against Sydney in last year's losing Semi-Final. Lever had played like a beast until he got injured. This year he's taken it to the next level. Born to play this game of footy.

I haven't doubted Mitch wanting to stay, it's just a matter of what is greater. Family and cash in Perth or potential success and loyalty in Adelaide.
The family and cash will always be there, he's only a baby still. I reckon he will stay.

My feeling too, but I'm guessing he'll take a 2-3 year deal if he does stay.
Yep and it's a smart play. 2-3 years is nothing, he's seen as loyal, he can see the opportunity here in that period, we will also be paying him good money and then he gets the obscene contract next time.

Me When I saw Lever has (potentially) signed on
tumblr_ok28id2ez01u3iti5o1_250.gif

Me when I saw it's (potentially) a 5 year deal
tumblr_ope348o5OQ1r6u871o3_400.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, you need to know the difference between clubs making offers (which always happens) and players putting contracts off till the end of the year, while buying houses interstate and every journo saying they are going to leave at the end of the year.
Danger vs Sloane.
Yeah I know how it works.

What you don't get it the players who leave have numerous articles written about them because they've remained unsigned for the whole year. The club gets named eventually too. The story dies when they sign, if they leave all speculation throughout the year becomes prophetic.

It was playing out like that with Lever.

If he was still negotiating with the club over the next couple of months the stories will have more meat on them.

He's had just as much leaving talk in the media as McGovern to date.

At years end if McGovern leaves I wonder who will have more correct stories written about leaving? Hmmmm?

If it really does turn out he's staying on a five year deal, it will show how the market has been changed by increased player power

Clubs don't want 5 year deals, and it's starting to look they're becoming fairly standard

True but if you are giving five year deals out, best to do it for a 21 year old...not so much a 28 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back