List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The language was different. Then it was all about going home or getting opportunities etc

Though the words were the different it was still usually about money. Back then it was easier to rort the system too with property deals and back handers

Guys like Kernaghan Platten etc weren't staying in Victoria out of loyalty

Wayne Carey was an interesting one in the 90's.

He just happened to get the urge to sell his house and then buy it straight back again. This happened multiple times (as many as five times I was told).

I'm sure there was nothing sinister going on though. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His performances have dropped off this year. Even his relationship with Eddie doesn't seem as solid as previously. Thats just from my own humble observations based on nothing more than his reluctance to pass the ball to him sometimes. I remember when this used to be his only option. Perhaps I'm just over analyzing this.

Spending a lot less time together outside of football.

I think you'll find the player's association hold all the power here and it would take a massive concession on something else to entice them to give up the right for players to veto trades.

Should have been the negotiating point when free agency came in.

I think a good compromise is that the clubs can't trade a player that wants to stay, but if a player requests to be traded before they're a free agent then the club has the power to trade them to whatever club offers the best deal.

In the case of Lever because he is not a free agent, Lever can elect for a trade and put a price tag on his head, but any club can elect to meet that price tag and then it's the best trade deal offered wins the player's services.

This is how it should work, but it's most probably too late now.

My thought for a cheeky, different name for this thread:

Speculation of a superstar leaving or "A look into the every day life of a Crows supporter" thread

We may as well get use to it, we have the best player developement program that turns other clubs to poach our players

We sit top of the table and look how many Rookie selected players are in our team Cameron, Keath, Laird, Kelly, Greenwood and Hartigan when fit, not to mention Tex a scholarship selection, the Rat pick 81 even Sloane at pick 43 and we have turned unwanted players like Lynch into a serious good player

No other club has built a list that can seriously contend this way however it means other clubs will come with money and target our players

We may as well get use to it, we have the best player developement program that turns other clubs to poach our players

We sit top of the table and look how many Rookie selected players are in our team Cameron, Keath, Laird, Kelly, Greenwood and Hartigan when fit, not to mention Tex a scholarship selection, the Rat pick 81 even Sloane at pick 43 and we have turned unwanted players like Lynch into a serious good player

No other club has built a list that can seriously contend this way however it means other clubs will come with money and target our players

Very fair points! If only we had the best mindset coaches!

Im a little peed off.... If these guys (Talking Jake and Mitch whom I really like) can't get pen to paper before the finals then they had better play the best football of their short arse careers prior to and including the GF!!

NO SHIT!
That is my stance. Win a flag and....well I could stomach them both moving on.

The 4 players out of contract or rumoured to be leaving were Mitch, Jake, Hugh and Charlie. From my perspective 2 are absolutely keep at almost any cost, Mitch and Hugh.

I think if we lose 1 of or even both of Jake and Charlie and negotiate well for picks/replacement players in their trades, while keeping Mitch and Hugh we will be absolutely fine without them.

Onwards and upwards AFC.

The 4 players out of contract or rumoured to be leaving were Mitch, Jake, Hugh and Charlie. From my perspective 2 are absolutely keep at almost any cost, Mitch and Hugh.

I think if we lose 1 of or even both of Jake and Charlie and negotiate well for picks/replacement players in their trades, while keeping Mitch and Hugh we will be absolutely fine without them.

Onwards and upwards AFC.
Hugh signed on for another 2 years already. Announce 2 weeks ago

Onwards and upwards AFC.

I said few months back that Mitch will definitely stay, he has an incredible relationship with Pyke, Perth is not a go home factor and his parents are encouraging him to stay at Adelaide

I've also been told that Mitch told his brother a couple months back to STFU on commenting about his contract with the media and in the public domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back