List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said few months back that Mitch will definitely stay, he has an incredible relationship with Pyke, Perth is not a go home factor and his parents are encouraging him to stay at Adelaide

I've also been told that Mitch told his brother a couple months back to STFU on commenting about his contract with the media and in the public domain
I think it's more likely the McGovern brothers play together at Adelaide than West Coast.

Hmm ... what if we simply send on the Lever trade bounty to WC for Jeremy? In effect a straight swap Lever for JGov.

Where does this fall down?

I think it's more likely the McGovern brothers play together at Adelaide than West Coast.

Hmm ... what if we simply send on the Lever trade bounty to WC for Jeremy? In effect a straight swap Lever for JGov.

Jeremy is already a better player than Jake is ever likely to be

What is Jeremy's contract situation?

We may as well get use to it, we have the best player developement program that turns other clubs to poach our players

We sit top of the table and look how many Rookie selected players are in our team Cameron, Keath, Laird, Kelly, Greenwood and Hartigan when fit, not to mention Tex a scholarship selection, the Rat pick 81 even Sloane at pick 43 and we have turned unwanted players like Lynch into a serious good player

No other club has built a list that can seriously contend this way however it means other clubs will come with money and target our players

Had this conversation with a port supporter yesterday.

Following on from a snide "losing another star player" comment I pointed out we are a victim of our own success and having too many good players is a situation I'd rather be in than scrounging around trying to make silk purses out of sow's ears like Port do.
Oddly enough none of them are breaking their necks to get to Alberton !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremy is already a better player than Jake is ever likely to be

Not sure about that. Both are the same height and both play an intercept marking game. But being heavier, yes Jeremy is more of a KPD than Lever. Lever plays a far better running game. I don't think if Jeremy was on the open market he would fetch anywhere near the crazy bidding we are seeing for Lever though. I doubt West Coast would part with him anyway because they have a pretty weak defensive unit and he is one of the only good ones.

It's true. Brilliant third man up, brilliant mark who is also a great one on one defender.

Can also go forward.

Plus quicker.

He's a gun.
McGovern is a gun, I agree. But to say he is better than Lever will EVER be is a big call. I'd be willing to back Lever will be at least as good as Gov over his entire career, considering Gov didn't do much until he turned 22.

If he leaves though, he'll become the second most overrated defender behind Rance

Earliest I can find is this on CC and Brisbane

(Back on page 41... or a lifetime ago!)

During trade period last year Cameron's name got mentioned as part of the Gibbs deal. Fagan (Brisbane's version), said that if Cameron is on the table then he'd have him up there and pay him 500k.

Of course a figure like that will get a player thinking.

Edit: this also explains why Pyke was so pissed about Fagan's comments this week.

On the flip side we could be like Port with shocking player development dishing out 500 year contracts to perennial sanfl plodders which no one wants but who they value at 4 first rounders while they raise there scarves above there heads screaming about tarps. Im so glad I'm a crows supporter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back