List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we come back to your original point of a swap of Lever for a Melbourne mid, how much would the Melbourne mid be asking? Would we let Lever go because he wanted too much and then pay the Demon mid as much simply because we need a quality mid more than a backman?
I hope you're right about loyalty being worth around 15% and reckon you're on the money there.
If in 2017 the asking price for Fyfe is $1-1.2 at 26 and with injury concerns. You would think in 2018/19 21-23 year old top 5 draftees coming into their prime like Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw and guns like Viney and Tyson would all be starring down the barrel of a Mil+.

Don't get me wrong i'm not suggesting i'd like to lose Lever either, but if he said he was going (back to VIC), then we may as well target a midfielder as its quite obviously the position we could use some elite talent. And in the case of Melbourne they have invested nearly all their recent top end draft capital into that position group, which to my original point will make it tough for them to keep all that talent in 1 position group.

So the media guesses were Western Bulldogs last week, Melbourne this week.

Will he be going to Geelong this time next week? Then of course we play Collingwood the week after.

Am I the only one sensing a pattern here in the guesses.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
By that logic he will play for West Coast next year.

By that logic he will play for West Coast next year.
Nah, there's also finals.

Edit: Just got an error message for making 2 posts in too short an amount of time. The pics with the error message where Crazy Vossy getting hit in the face with a football and Dixon lining up for goal against Geelong, where he ran out of time! :D

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hogan put in a trade request to Freo this offseason, the kid's headspace would be pretty fragile right now. I'd imagine he would be very family orientated after the events so far this year
WA have a chance...
He signed for 5 years though didn't he?

Is Lever a free agent?
No. He is out of contract though which makes a trade possible. If he chooses another club Adelaide can either try and get the best deal possible for him (e.g: players in exchange, draft picks or mixture of both) or let him go back into the pre-season draft (and risk no return him).

Or it could be just a tactic by his manager to get the best possible deal for him.

Last edited:
Bit ridiculous how a 21 year old who's been at our club for 3 years and is in his 2nd full season is dictating his future. Imagine if this was a SA kid a vic club doing this, their would be uproar. Time the AFL changed the rules and players drafted in the first round sign on for 5 years from the start, won't happen until the Victorian clubs start arcing up about this.

If Jake decides to go surely it nets us 2 1st rounders. In saying that I reckon the club will give him and Mitch the $ they want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jake decides to go surely it nets us 2 1st rounders. In saying that I reckon the club will give him and Mitch the $ they want.
If he played for a Vic club and wanted a trade out of Victoria, his asking price would be 3 first rounders and your first born child. But he plays for an S.A. team, so his price will be SFA.

Normally a club would get two firsts for a player of his quality, but remember we gave the best player in the gamen today up for pick 9 and 24. We also have up a best 22 inside mid who is playing great football for pick 44. I am more concerned about what the club accepts for hom more than I am at him leaving.
We are spineless at AFC.

The problems Adelaide's also got is we've got a 2x All Australian defender, 2014 Malcolm Blight winner in Daniel Talia who on what about 500-550k. Would it be right if a 21 year who's got "potential" to be getting 250-300k more. Setting a precedence and opens up an can of worms.

Bit ridiculous how a 21 year old who's been at our club for 3 years and is in his 2nd full season is dictating his future. Imagine if this was a SA kid a vic club doing this, their would be uproar. Time the AFL changed the rules and players drafted in the first round sign on for 5 years from the start, won't happen until the Victorian clubs start arcing up about this.

Free agency is an absolute joke which is probably not surprising when you consider the organisation who stuffed up its implementation is an utter joke.

The problems Adelaide's also got is we've got a 2x All Australian defender, 2014 Malcolm Blight winner in Daniel Talia who on what about 500-550k. Would it be right if a 21 year who's got "potential" to be getting 250-300k more. Setting a precedence and opens up an can of worms.
I doubt Talia is only on 550k, closer to 700k I reckon.

Free agency is an absolute joke which is probably not surprising when you consider the organisation who stuffed up its implementation is an utter joke.

This situation has nothing to do with free agency. Jake isn't a free agent (and won't be for another 4 years).

This situation has nothing to do with free agency. Jake isn't a free agent (and won't be for another 4 years).

Righto. So he's staying then? He can't tell us he's going to another club then? Really? I understand he's a restricted free agent but in reality if he tells us he's going we're stuffed.

Bolllocks he is. You didn't see the game Saturday night then? Got any evidence of your claim?

He is still finding form after time on the sideline.

You also cant judge a player off one game. Or is mackay a chance for all australian?

Righto. So he's staying then? He can't tell us he's going to another club then? Really? I understand he's a restricted free agent but in reality if he tells us he's going we're stuffed.

Jake is not a restricted free agent. He is simply an out of contract player, no different to Nick Stevens many years ago.

If Jake decides not to resign he could say, for example, "Melbourne or GTFO." At which point the Crows could respond, "Whichever Vic club we can get the best deal or PSD for you."

Would that happen? Probably not as our list managers have shown that they would rather get something instead of nothing, but it is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back