Realistically, are we any chance at all this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Shinboners

Personally, I'd go for the scrap.

Me too, but I very much doubt we will have a choice.

Their midfield is obviously quality, and ours seem to draw straws each week on which two will go completely missing. Grant, Simpson and Harvey simply have to have excellent games. Hasn't happened all year.

They will kick 17+ goals if the weather is fine. Lynch is exactly the type of FF that will kill Watt. He doesn't rely on speed or endurance. He will stand there and rip off Shannon's arms. I would play Brown on Lynch.

Oh, and I would run Harris on Voss, who is carrying an injury. Follow him around, hit him hard and try and hurt the other way. Makepeace full tag on Aker, and get the rest to try and win us the game.

IMO we're more of a chance than we were last time we met. The Brissie Bears were looking invincible, undefeated coming off back to back flags and we played well and came away with 2 points.

They now look mortal and aren't playing at the top of their game (neither are we) but we also gave it a shake last year up north when they were at the height of their powers.

My tip - Roo Boys by 4 points in another shoot out!

Originally posted by Lidge
My tip - Roo Boys by 4 points in another shoot out!
we wont win if its a shoot out!! our best chance is if we can keep it tight, we dont have the fire power to win shoot outs against QUALITY opposition anymore.

Yes! As a Brisbane supporter, I rate you a chance. Games between us over the last few years have been close and you can definately perform at the Gabba. Either way, it shall be an interesting game. I don't expect the margin to be over 25 points.

Originally posted by SpecialBruce
Yes! As a Brisbane supporter, I rate you a chance. Games between us over the last few years have been close and you can definately perform at the Gabba. Either way, it shall be an interesting game. I don't expect the margin to be over 25 points.
Hard to say how you guys will react. If you are fired up, we will be in for a tough time. However, if you are a bit flat (which I`m half hoping, half expecting) we will be in for a big show at some pretty handy odds. We have to be in front at quarter time.

Originally posted by year of the roo
and full time ;)
Yeah, kind of a statement of the bleedin` obvious.:) Brissie haven`t been too flash up until last week and I just think that we need to control the tempo early to have any chance.

We have to do something about Lynch. If Watt plays on him then Lynch will have an easy day and just soak up the incomming ball from Brisbanes outstanding midfield. Baird will be killed and I'm not sure if Archer is up to playing on blokes like Lynch nowdays.
Maybe give Brown first crack at him. It's worth a try.
Brisbane are awesome all over the field but if we can get on top of Lynch then we have a sniff.
Going on our current form then we will be killed by 6 goals but North have done ok against Brisbane in the past so maybe we will give them a few headaches as well. Drew Petrie is in great form and Daniel Motlop isn't far away from having a huge game. Wells is getting better all the time and Jones is due for another big game as well. Sinclair will provide run off half back and hopefully Harris can get some good clearances from the center.
We really need Harvey to find the pill and play a blinder. Simmo must get back to his 30 possesion games and another game like Stevo played last week would be handy as well.
It's a big ask but i enjoy the North vs Brisbane matches. They're normally pretty exciting and quiet often a lot closer then what people think.
I'd settle for another draw. :eek: ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grinding Sniff

WANTED : FULL ON SHINBONER INTENSITY like Rnd1 vs Port 2002

I'm with Shinners...North will GRIND this one out at BEST !! a great scrap if we reach out and find some urgent FULL ON SHINBONER INTENSITY !!!

I live in hope and think WE are a sniff.

8th v 6th.Both teams with thier backs against the wall and fighting for finals positioning.Im a pies man and i rate the roos chances very high this week.Im a huge believer in your boys and admire thier fighting spirit.The lions have been lacking punch of late but will be fired up after last weeks close loss.If all goes right for the kangas they can do it.I hope they do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically, are we any chance at all this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back