Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the game I thought Draper spent most time on him but perhaps Chappy and him switched up more than I thought. Draper also played on Dustin Martin when he was deep forward. Either way Chappy playing well on Bolton is also significant and positive. Chappy's kicking was again fantastic.

Draper is a hell of a find for this year and the future. That he is able to swap and not get embarrassed at his size is a big deal.

Chappy I am bullish on. Hard as nails, great kick, quick decision maker and fast enough on the way out to break lines and create attacking play. He has only played 26/27 games, by the end of the year that will be 40 odd. I can't wait to see him build from here!

If we win tomorrow we could be in the 4?

Great position to be in given we haven't played at peak form. And the age profile of our list. Can't wait for the game tomorrow night! If we can start well again and keep the crowd in it, and with our advantage up front we will be in it up to our eyeballs.

I was encouraged by the performance of our mids on Friday. Yes there were some concerns, and some of those being some we have had this year and last year. Having said that, our midfield has taken a step forward this year. I am backing Serong to get more consistent with his kicking. Young to continue his improvement and Johnson had a solid game. The exposure this year is helping his game.

After the strangest big loss I have experienced, I am looking forward to taking on the saints this weekend. They will come out firing and we will have to hold up against that and then kick away. Big week coming up!

I love how Freo has genuine connection during the Indigenous round
We have always had plenty of indigenous players on our list since day 1. many of them were the reason why we were so exciting to watch

Right back to Scott Chisholm. Winston Abraham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back