Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Now back to reasons for optimism. This may be unpopular and I am don't think he will be a mainstay next year and definitely not in 26.

JOM has built into some very nice form over the year. He wins contests, plays his role for the full four quarters and blocks, bumps and tackles to make space for our smaller and younger players. A mature role player playing with consistency that allows our young guns to fly... I like it!

I didn't like the number of years he got, but, that isn't something we should hold against him. What we can say is that his form has built through the season and he is valuable each week. The exact type of bottom 7 player we need to make a run.

Now back to reasons for optimism. This may be unpopular and I am don't think he will be a mainstay next year and definitely not in 26.

JOM has built into some very nice form over the year. He wins contests, plays his role for the full four quarters and blocks, bumps and tackles to make space for our smaller and younger players. A mature role player playing with consistency that allows our young guns to fly... I like it!

I didn't like the number of years he got, but, that isn't something we should hold against him. What we can say is that his form has built through the season and he is valuable each week. The exact type of bottom 7 player we need to make a run.
See why we signed him?
Little bit of genius!

I absolutely wrote him off after the Sydney game. More fool me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

broke them. So far Sydney the only team to not lose the following week after playing us.

Still, was a bit mithered by it as Dees winning knocked Collingwood down a ladder spot....oh well, still just half a season left before Finals anyway
I think we can end up in the 4 if we beat The Bulldogs?

I think we can end up in the 4 if we beat The Bulldogs?
Aye, probably. At the end of the day, it won't matter until after Round 24 or even after the Grannie, to see where all the 3 picks are. So it's useless me fretting over it, really. Wasted energy. BUT.........!!

I just dislike Collingwood. Then you throw in the Schultz "controversy" (the fact he allegedly wanted out for family reasons but just happened to choose the Premiers..) I just want that pick to drop as low as it can or inside the top ten, but the reality is more likely now that the Pies finish inside the 8 than not, I would imagine. So Port, it's over to you

Aye, probably. At the end of the day, it won't matter until after Round 24 or even after the Grannie, to see where all the 3 picks are. So it's useless me fretting over it, really. Wasted energy. BUT.........!!

I just dislike Collingwood. Then you throw in the Schultz "controversy" (the fact he allegedly wanted out for family reasons but just happened to choose the Premiers..) I just want that pick to drop as low as it can or inside the top ten, but the reality is more likely now that the Pies finish inside the 8 than not, I would imagine. So Port, it's over to you
I feel exactly the same. I am also over the Daicos love.

Brennan Cox is looking in great shape. Seems more defined and has more size through his shoulders and arms.

It is almost unfair that we will add an A grader to the back line in the next few weeks!

This is the new dockery!

Small thing, but a player like Brennan Cox coming into the side after injury and not out of it is a bit of a rarity.

Very good footballer in general but he's that perfect age and plays an important position. not bad having him fill the gap between Pearce and Ryan.

Small thing, but a player like Brennan Cox coming into the side after injury and not out of it is a bit of a rarity.

Very good footballer in general but he's that perfect age and plays an important position. not bad having him fill the gap between Pearce and Ryan.

It is a big win for the team and our prospects. It is also a positive that we know Draper can play at the level.

When we play the best forward lines in the league, adding Cox to Ryan, Clark, Chappy, Pearce, Aish and Walker is a big deal.

It is a big win for the team and our prospects. It is also a positive that we know Draper can play at the level.

When we play the best forward lines in the league, adding Cox to Ryan, Clark, Chappy, Pearce, Aish and Walker is a big deal.
Thinking Draper is a major factor in a flag is probably a bit too optimistic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back