Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha I had forgotten about that song.

Thanks for reminding us IP.

We gave it a flogging on a road trip to the GF in 2013.

The other one was the Eskimo Joe version of the new theme song competition.

We blasted it out of our car driving through Melbourne CBD to a lot of perplexed looks.

Last edited:
Ha ha I had forgotten about that song.

Thanks for reminding us IP.

We gave it a flogging on a road trip to the GF in 2013.

The other one was the Eskimo Joe version of the new theme song competition.

We blasted it out of our car driving through Melbourne CBD to a lot of perplexed looks.

I always felt the chorus in that song should be our victory circle ditty.

Our entire Docker family were at the GF in 2013 and participated in the Freo March from Fed Square to the MCG
It is something that is imprinted on my brain forever.

It was soul destroying walking back to the hotel after our loss. I couldn’t even answer phone calls from well meaning friends I was that gutted. No-one spoke and it was a long walk back to the hotel.

Just to make the gut wrenching day even worse, we had a group sitting behind us at the MCG who were only there to get a skin full and spilt their beer all over our group sitting in front of them.

Would I do it again?

I honestly don’t know.
In a heartbeat!
There will only be one first time!
After that...ho hum another cup...put it over there...but remember 2024, the FIRST!

Hmmm I think the third will be a massive deal. Dynasty cup.
We are really getting ahead of ourselves.

But..

A Fre-peat, or a B2B with an extra one, would cancel out the 4 from across the road.

We are really getting ahead of ourselves.

But..

A Fre-peat, or a B2B with an extra one, would cancel out the 4 from across the road.

Haha this is the decade of dominance!

I only count them as winning one due to the drugs which were banned at the time. The two prior to us being in the competition don't mean much to me as a freo supporter. The same as Melbourne saying they have won X times. In the time we have been in the league they have won it once.

The Freepeat or B2B with another one would cancel it out and we would lay claim to the most dominant team from WA.

There is so much to look forward to with this group!

Haha this is the decade of dominance!

I only count them as winning one due to the drugs which were banned at the time. The two prior to us being in the competition don't mean much to me as a freo supporter. The same as Melbourne saying they have won X times. In the time we have been in the league they have won it once.

The Freepeat or B2B with another one would cancel it out and we would lay claim to the most dominant team from WA.

There is so much to look forward to with this group!
I'm not very technophile outside of what I do with music programs on my comp, but we really need a "Decade of Dominance" meme or WWE style poster with Andy's screaming face and maybe some goofy Jackson pose, Treacy clunking a mark etc..........would look wicked :D

I'm not very technophile outside of what I do with music programs on my comp, but we really need a "Decade of Dominance" meme or WWE style poster with Andy's screaming face and maybe some goofy Jackson pose, Treacy clunking a mark etc..........would look wicked :D
As long as it doesn't become sadly ironic....

Nah we are too good for that! Next season we will hit the point when we go in confident against any team in the league at any venue... and this year we are looking at top four, a prelim appearance and who knows what can happen from there!

as long as it's fan made or whatever, I'm not advocating it to go on billboards across the world kind of thing...more just a fun, fan-made thing. Like the fan-made films of stuff on YT, Nightmare On Elm Street and so forth. I can see where the irony might come in but I see it no different really to the "Flagmantle" hashtag stuff started in 2022 and its ilk.

Obviously exclusive to this thread, which isn't always governed by rationality, logic and so forth :)

When I plan a holiday it's as much about the dreaming and the planning as the holiday itself. A lot of people are critical about this thread, but it's not just GF day that we should be enjoying and encouraging our team. We are doing sooo much better than anybody thought we would.

When I plan a holiday it's as much about the dreaming and the planning as the holiday itself. A lot of people are critical about this thread, but it's not just GF day that we should be enjoying and encouraging our team. We are doing sooo much better than anybody thought we would.

Exactly! The journey can be a heap of fun as well! I have enjoyed this season more than any season yet as a freo supporter! It is amazing to be present through the season in that frame of mind.

We are miles ahead of where people thought we would be and we are so freaking young. With a bounty of top picks to use in the draft or trade. This year is golden!

fans foreverfreo GIF by Fremantle Dockers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The day before the holiday is almost the best day - that anticipation

I am going away in just over two weeks and feel physically ill - am going to miss my dogs terribly :(
Do you have someone to look after them that are good with them..?! My wife and I can't even get away really, as our dogs are so bloody precious and particular and we don't really have family or friends we can use, bit sad really. We always "holiday" at home. Much rather be with my dogs anyhow, but a nice break here & there wouldn't hurt!

Anyway, back on topix.....

Do you have someone to look after them that are good with them..?! My wife and I can't even get away really, as our dogs are so bloody precious and particular and we don't really have family or friends we can use, bit sad really. We always "holiday" at home. Much rather be with my dogs anyhow, but a nice break here & there wouldn't hurt!

Anyway, back on topix.....
Have got son's ex (they are still friends) looking after them, but the older one (Fyfe) suffers badly from separation anxiety. We will be away for 5 weeks. We got the second dog (Mundy) to help, and it has really helped a lot. I was in hospital 9 times in 2021, which is what made Fyfey so attached and his loyalty for me is insane.

I start a new full time role when we get back, so this will be like ripping a bandaid off.

To keep this on topic, IF we do get in the GF, they will get a surprise when we leave them again after only a few days :)

I was there at the G on that last Saturday in September 2013. The heartbreak after was like a close funeral.

However, I will never forget, nor do I want to: the build up, the parade, the Freo big footy pub meetup the night prior, the lack of sleep, the betting on the draw in case we needed to afford to be there another week, that walk from Fed Square in a sea of purple in to the ground where buskers played the Freo song all the way in, the first bounce and even the big moments in the game that many here don’t talk about.

It’s taken years to be able to appreciate and now fondly remember that weekend for every good and bad experience that it created.

I will move heaven and earth to be there when we get there again.

I am not be afraid of being there if we don’t win it, but I would never forgive myself if I wasn’t at the G and we did.

I was there at the G on that last Saturday in September 2013. The heartbreak after was like a close funeral.

However, I will never forget, nor do I want to: the build up, the parade, the Freo big footy pub meetup the night prior, the lack of sleep, the betting on the draw in case we needed to afford to be there another week, that walk from Fed Square in a sea of purple in to the ground where buskers played the Freo song all the way in, the first bounce and even the big moments in the game that many here don’t talk about.

It’s taken years to be able to appreciate and now fondly remember that weekend for every good and bad experience that it created.

I am not be afraid of being there if we don’t win it, but I would never forgive myself if I wasn’t at the G and we did.
Would be amazing to be here for the first. Would probably be just about as good to be watching it on south terrace or at the fan area on Freo oval (I assume they’d do something like that). Freo would be the world’s happiest place

the night before was incredible, and I want to do it all over again :)

Great post 👍

Your thoughts echo mine exactly.

It was such a roller-coaster of emotions.

Sad we lost but glad we got there and got to experience it and proud of the boys who gave it their all.

The build-up was amazing starting with the prelim against Sydney and the MCG chant going up in the last qtr.

Driving through Fremantle after that prelim win was insane.

As you say the build-up in Melbourne was an amazing experience, it seemed like if you weren't a Hawks supporter then you were a Dockers supporter.

Even after the game there was a lot of empathy for us long suffering Dockers supporters.

I promised myself after the GF that when we got there again I would be there.

Let's hope it's this year and why not us?

Where are you Poshman? Wake up it's game day!

I've woken up and romanced the wife, helped my two youngest girls with their breakfast, I've got the afternoon off from work with no plans other than a measly on-farm delivery after lunch, a roast pork seasoned and ready to put in the smoker this afternoon, a fridge full of Sexports, and clear skies followed by a good drop of rain tomorrow to keep everyone on the land happy!

A top two spot is up for grabs and after attending the last derby :huh:I'm keen as mustard to sit back and relax and watch this team of young men put the sword to our cross town rivals!

I came into this season with no expectations other than to see improvement as a whole from the list. Hoping to see improved ball movement and forward connection while getting our stingy defence back on track.

Boy oh boy wowee with the age profile of the list and being in our current situation how could you not be excited about the next few years!

The decade of dominance! Woohoo!

Where are you Poshman? Wake up it's game day!

I've woken up and romanced the wife, helped my two youngest girls with their breakfast, I've got the afternoon off from work with no plans other than a measly on-farm delivery after lunch, a roast pork seasoned and ready to put in the smoker this afternoon, a fridge full of Sexports, and clear skies followed by a good drop of rain tomorrow to keep everyone on the land happy!

A top two spot is up for grabs and after attending the last derby :huh:I'm keen as mustard to sit back and relax and watch this team of young men put the sword to our cross town rivals!

I came into this season with no expectations other than to see improvement as a whole from the list. Hoping to see improved ball movement and forward connection while getting our stingy defence back on track.

Boy oh boy wowee with the age profile of the list and being in our current situation how could you not be excited about the next few years!

The decade of dominance! Woohoo!
Best Friends Love GIF by NETFLIX

I LOVE THIS!

I have made breakfast for the girls so the beautiful wife could sleep in a little. Listened to their giggles and hilarious chats. Answered 10000 questions happily - we don't know how long they will bother to continue to ask questions. The line of questioning today: 'Daddy - did I come from Mummy's tummy?' 'it doesn't look like I could fit in there' 'oh when I was little, little like a baby?'. 'Where did mummy come from?' 'Grandmas's tummy!!' Eyes wide in surprise.

Top two spot up for grabs by the best young team in the league! You have woke up, romanced the wife, cherished the kids, let their laughter be the soundtrack of your morning, punctuated by your grateful predisposition. Time for some work. call your mum, listen to her stories and probably help her with something on her phone, that you have helped with before... Then prepare for Purple greatness!

A dynamic and dominant midfield. Speed and class on every line. A tall forward trio the envy of the league and a club playing with a verve and energy that speaks of united purpose! A clear sunny day... you are alive and can only be thankful! WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

The decade of dominance has begun!

LFG!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back