Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies are playing finals at a minimum. I think best case is they lose a semi. That would still be a great result for Schultz tbf.

Port however, are absolutely no locks for finals. Cheer on every opponent they have as hard as you can!
I'm not convinced they are yet, can see them finishing 9th with GC coming in.

Pies are playing finals at a minimum. I think best case is they lose a semi. That would still be a great result for Schultz tbf.
I dunno, the first two years under Macrae Collingwood won a lot of close games they often had no right to. That magic has departed them this year.

They’re a very old team at their core that stays in games for longer against younger teams that lose their nerve. But at some point the dam wall breaks.

Ah, 'we're better than last year, even though last year was worse than the one before.'

Pathetic standards.
You realise peoples opinions on how the club is performing have absolutely no effect or bearing on how the club actually performs right?

None

There would be enough there to grab Warner I would have thought.. It would be insanity. Absolute, delightful madness.
What's also insane is that we just beat the top team away from home with a key position group of Davies, Draper, Amiss and treacy. Im confiident that would be the youngst key position foursomes in freo history. With Draper coming in for Moose I'd be surprised if our team that played Sydney wasnt one of the three youngest teams playing this round. Happy Days.

Last edited:
What's also insane is that we just beat the top team away from home with a key position group of Davies, Draper, Amiss and treacy. Im confiident that would be the youngst key position foursomes in freo history. With Draper coming in for Moose I'd be surprised if our team that played Sydney wasnt one of the three youngest teams playing this round. Happy Days.
hadrill, pav, sandi, mcpharlin gotta be close

I dunno, the first two years under Macrae Collingwood won a lot of close games they often had no right to. That magic has departed them this year.

They’re a very old team at their core that stays in games for longer against younger teams that lose their nerve. But at some point the dam wall breaks.
The trend is still positive for them this year, happy to be proven wrong.

View attachment 2034882

What an outstanding group of young men. This photo to me just rams home how young we are, I can’t remember ever having a team that just oozed love for this footy club as much as this group
Switta with the staunch stance hahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2034882

What an outstanding group of young men. This photo to me just rams home how young we are, I can’t remember ever having a team that just oozed love for this footy club as much as this group
Yeah considering until recent weeks our team for most of ths year has had Alex Pearce ad Michael Walters in it we've gone from a young team to basically a very young team while the two vets are out.

The trend is still positive for them this year, happy to be proven wrong.
They were first at this stage last year, better percentage. I'd still hate to meet them in finals and won't write them off, but they aren't the same side they were last year and suspect most clubs are confident they'll have their measure late in games.

They were first at this stage last year, better percentage. I'd still hate to meet them in finals and won't write them off, but they aren't the same side they were last year and suspect most clubs are confident they'll have their measure late in games.
100% agree on not wanting us to play them in a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back