Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone who has lived their life under a cloud of pessimism and negativity the change (with the use of many many psychology sessions) into a more optimistic and positive mindset has been amazing. It's certainly not been easy but really enjoying the change and this thread is a lot more fun than the vent thread.

Lets GOOOOOOOOO

Agree! Pessimism steals joy from today based on fears about the future. Optimism allows joy today and on the journey. If then you encounter 'the bad thing' you deal with it from a place of more energy and emotional reserve. Instead of overcoming it many times you can overcome it once. Do not borrow tomorrow's troubles and all that!

Stoked that you have been able to make the shift.. another win to celebrate for the day!

Anticipation is building! We close the year with three top end games, a chance to show our class and some steel.

What a time to be a Freo supporter!

Game Day! Game Day!

You have spent time with the kids, laughed, played, listened and tried to decipher the language known as '2 year old', with varying success. Listened to the wife, walked around the garden to collect the winter roses before the next big rain. got some work done and now you are preparing to watch the most talented young team in the league!

Life is beautiful! Show someone some gratitude today, call your mum, message your brother and love another stunning Perth day! This is Gods country.

LFG!!!

Everytime I see this thread pop up:

simon cowell facepalm GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This feels like 2011 minus the coaching nonsense.

We have a relatively young and relatively inexperienced list. In the next few years our best players will be in the 100-150 games bracket. That will be our 2013-15 but with two Pavs, Two Fyfes, Two McPharlins and Two Sandilands

Game Day! Game Day!

You have spent time with the kids, laughed, played, listened and tried to decipher the language known as '2 year old', with varying success. Listened to the wife, walked around the garden to collect the winter roses before the next big rain. got some work done and now you are preparing to watch the most talented young team in the league!

Life is beautiful! Show someone some gratitude today, call your mum, message your brother and love another stunning Perth day! This is Gods country.

LFG!!!
a2b92d49-8819-4cda-8612-597adbab05d2_text.gif

Please close this thread. It’s embarrassing.

You can mute it. But I won't close it. On a scale of 1 being awesome and 100 being embarrassing, this thread is in the single digits.

Calling a whole team embarrassing after a poor quarter even in a 50 point win... now that is embarrassing.

If you don't like it, that is all good. I am still on the sunny side regarding my thoughts for this season.

We have a challenging couple of games coming up, we need to win at least one. I am backing us in to do that. Can't wait!

Life may be beautiful but it’s still the same laughing stock of a club it’s always been all the optimism in the world won’t change that.

Life is beautiful and the club has taken big steps forward and is in a great position for a long time to come. A bounty of picks or trade capital for the end of the year as well. I am not sure who you listen to that makes you think we are a laughing stock, but even if we were, which I disagree with, we are in the best position of all the young teams in the league. That is at least something to be optimistic about.

Trying to be optimistic. Well we will never see Taberner play again, thats something.

He has struggled with his back for two or three years now. For a rookie pick heh as given a lot. In fairness to him, he shouldn't have been picked in front of a ruck, it was a blunder from the selection committee. But yes, this will be his last season and we have a list bursting with talent!

Everytime I see this thread pop up:

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Similar to how I feel about the vent thread, although I understand it has a purpose and no one is forcing me to click the link.

I will add that in all of my corporate and business experience there is no indicator that pessimism is useful. So I will continue to be optimistic. I am looking forward to seeing how we go in the last two games and hopefully the finals. As frustrating as our loss was, there is hope we will bounce back next week and we can beat Port here the week after.

This feels like 2011 minus the coaching nonsense.

We have a relatively young and relatively inexperienced list. In the next few years our best players will be in the 100-150 games bracket. That will be our 2013-15 but with two Pavs, Two Fyfes, Two McPharlins and Two Sandilands

Agree - and unlike 2013-2015 we are another 7 seasons away from our core being where those legends were in their careers. Huge period for the club coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back