Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

True but their are good players in every team but you need a coach to know how to adapt and change to player availability and other conditions and circumstances
A good coach gives his players a belief and desire to win.
It's a team sport.
22 players all playing their best is more important than 1 star.

Also early in the year we beat Carlton with one of McDonald or Cox. Draper was in his second game playing on Curnow ffs.

Pearce’s loss wouldn’t have been so bad if Cox had a proper season. He’s counted as healthy for all the games he played but anyone could see he was so far from it.
if we placed the Early Draper with the current Draper, we win that game.

Hawks haven't gotten anything out of Lewis so he doesn't count.

We win another 2 games easy if Pearce doesn't go down.
We win another 2-4 games easy if Darcy was able to play
We win another 2 games at the end of the season if Treacy was playing.

If you just look at the last 2 games, we needed those 3 players and most likely win them.

Pearce available in the Hawks game and we win it.

If I could have chosen one player not to lose at the end of the season it would have been Pearce. It was a critical blow on top of him being our captain. Draper doesn't even see an AFL field this year without our injuries.
Reidy with more development and games, we win a few more without Darcy.

It was our lack of cover or reluctance to play the cover that was ultimately our downfall, Pearce out doesn’t hurt as much if McDonald steps in, he wasn’t available so Draper has to take on players clearly out of his weight division. Darcy out doesn’t impact if Reidy is ready to step in, MC deemed this not to be the case until the very end (rightly or wrongly) Treacy out doesn’t hurt as much if Tabs could still bend over, unfortunately he can’t and is in no way the depth we’d hoped he would be, instead we turn to another untried player in Voss who proceeded to shit the bed in front of goal.
The hope is next year, if Darcy is out, Reidy plays, if Pearce or Cox are out, McDonald plays, if Treacy is out it’s still Voss but he improves and feels like he deserves to be there. That alone should mean we’re a top 8 side, adding cream like Bolton, Warner or Pickett elevated us to top 4.
Voss, Draper and Reidy have all improved. With another a preseason and year older, they will good cover for best 22 talls.

Draper will be best 22 even when everyone is available is my prediction We need Chapman on a wing.
I think about a lot of silly things.

I would have a zoning winger to act as a 7th defender and the other wing on the flat side and quick as lightning as an outlet target coming from D50.

Chapman would suit my idea of a zoning winger.

That’s a good coach
Mitchell biggest strength is letting those outgoing personalities be themselves.

And he doesn't care if it doesn't work just backs them

It's given them the freedom to not worry about consequences.

We don't have any of those

I think you need at least 1 or 2 rascals in every team to be successful.

Our best period as a side coincided with Ballantyne and Crowley at there best. 2 antagonists given the freedom to be themselves and upset the apple cart.

That's what Mitchell has given the Hawks.

Mitchell biggest strength is letting those outgoing personalities be themselves.

Our best period as a side coincided with Ballantyne and Crowley at there best. 2 antagonists given the freedom to be themselves and upset the apple cart.

He's given thema lot more than that

Arrogance, cockiness is part of being successful.

Mitchell has embraced it a about his squad and let them free.

We may hate it as a rival but it's the truth.

He also knows structure and plays his best players

Longmuir doesn't play his best players otherwise Fyfe Walters Omera and Banfield wouldn't just walk into the team. They are gifted games even when contributing nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then they all sooked when they got challenged.

So a bit like Hayden Young going to the guts and then rotating though the forward line?

He also knows structure and plays his best players

Longmuir doesn't play his best players otherwise Fyfe Walters Omera and Banfield wouldn't just walk into the team. They are gifted games even when contributing nothing
meh, i think banfields best position is sub. the game has slowed down by the time he comes on. hes a true utility. averages almost 1 goal a game in this role. which is truly insane. guy would win the coleman if he played at that level all game.

So a bit like Hayden Young going to the guts and then rotating though the forward line?
And Banfield going to the wing/defence, and JOM going to defence/wing/forward, and Chapman training on the wing pre-season etc etc etc.

And who in the 2’s are better than these 4 not including injuries?

So when players are out of form they still get games over other players. Just look at how Draper stepped up. What a great find

Sam Mitchell does it all the time and they step up.

Erasmus has had stunted growth and could easily be playing over some. If O'Driscoll isn't gone to Port he better be played infront of Omera because Omera did **** all ,all year. Same goes to Banfield and Fyfe who can't kick anymore. Poor skills creates turn overs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back