Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChardonnay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2009
In the shadows of the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Plenty of threads going round about who you're picking and why, but this thread is for why you're not going with a player or maybe, ask other coaches why you should drop a player.

As an example;

Hayes. Not going near him. Yeah he's cheap and a gun player but his days of top 10 SC ranking are well behind him. He's 31 and coming back from a knee reco. 2 things that by themselves rule a line through him as a starting premium on my team.

Nick Riewoldt; same reason as Hayes, he may have some good games but he isn't the athlete he was pre his hammy and come seasons end his avg will reflect that.

Porplyzia; he is cheap and there is a valid reason for that. How long until he cops an injury again? As a sole forward he will need 3 or 4 a game and a stint or two in the midfield to get a 22 game season avg over 70.

@TheProwler- I don't agree with Porplyzia, he is cheap and is a decent choice for a cash cow seeing as there aren't many obvious rookie fwds. I plan on trading him out after maybe the 4-5th round depending on his price change. He isn't a keeper and so it doesn't matter if he plays 22 games or not all that matter is he plays the first 3 and after that is a bonus.

@TheProwler- I don't agree with Porplyzia, he is cheap and is a decent choice for a cash cow seeing as there aren't many obvious rookie fwds. I plan on trading him out after maybe the 4-5th round depending on his price change. He isn't a keeper and so it doesn't matter if he plays 22 games or not all that matter is he plays the first 3 and after that is a bonus.

How much do you expect to make in 4-5 weeks? A trade wasted for perhaps 100k. Best of luck!

I am staying away from injured players (not hurt fingers....) who are still on the come back. The club will protect them and their roles may change from week to week. By the time they prove themselves, they may be held too long etc. I can't afford a player to build value then go down in the 1st quarter with 12 points and lose all that value.

If they come good straight away there is no loss either as there are other players that can be found to replace them at similar prices. In addition, the points that may be lost by not choosing them can be made up in other areas.

Bang for the same buck's .......find an = ?

there are plenty of risky fwds that will earn some coin and many unlike porps are only around the 100k mark. If I have a bloke firing and earning some serious bucks in the first 4-5 weeks then he will stay until such time he reaches the point where he reaches his break-evens or injury/selection is an issue.

you want an =? do your homework:D

Players that accumulate injuries.

Grimes.

Don't think i could do it again. Even if he plays the first 15 games, it would take huge balls to trade him in...especially with trades not in the bank.

I do have Malceski, Lake and Barlow though, so that is injury central right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players that accumulate injuries.

Grimes.

Don't think i could do it again. Even if he plays the first 15 games, it would take huge balls to trade him in...especially with trades not in the bank.

I do have Malceski, Lake and Barlow though, so that is injury central right there.

I am guessing you will be on a like thread next year then saying how much better grimes was than those three:D

I would consider mal but not the other two.

I don't know how Barlow is an "injury risk"??? A broken leg does not make an injury risk.

Not really an injury risk to my mind, but a resting risk - when you're reporting soreness in your leg during the preseason and get rested because of it, I start to get concerned that it's only going to get worse and require more rest during the season proper.

With an easy run at the start of the season he could have a nice price rice as long as he at least last until round 4

There are a few players that I've had locked for ages but now I'm having second thoughts.

*Cox - With Nic Nat fit and firing and spending even more time in the ruck, Lynch,Kennedy and Darling to kick it to up forward,how can his scores not be affeted?I know he's an important link up player and the exception to the rule of not picking a ruck who will share alot of ruck time, but I'm still worried. It's only one game but against Adelaide he was very quiet when on ground, sprayed an easy set shot when he had two on one to kick to.

*Goodes - Usually an upgrade target for a reason. Starts slow,finishes strong and seems to go missing against easier opposition, of which he has alot first half of season. Had him from the start thinking he can buck the trend and not many have him, now I'm not so sure.

*Pav - I know he scores slightly better as a forward,but is he too used to playing mid now? Will rely more on goals to score well.

*Christenson - Hasn't impressed during NAB played mid against Tigers I think and hardly touched it. Was looking so good last season and is the right price due to sub affected scores but I'm not convinced.

please discuss and add your own

Also Rioli - Can his "new running style" really work, or will his hammies keep him out too much? Is fighting Chappy(also dodgy hammies) and Martin(tough early draw) for inclusion in my team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back