Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 3 of "Millky has a new kitchen toy which is now his personality" is sous vide barramundi. Did 2 pieces, first was just salt and pepper. Was alright. 2nd was marinated in olive oil, garlic, chili flakes and lemon juice. I wasn't a fan of it but I think that was more with the choice of fish than anything else

My brother, absolutely loved it though.

In 2 weeks trialing this burger patty

10 mins of my life I'm never getting back... are you kidding me Milky? How much did that thing cost you?

10 mins of my life I'm never getting back... are you kidding me Milky? How much did that thing cost you?
Barramundi was about $25~ or so total

I haven't tried the meat log burger yet. That's in 2 weeks when I visit my sister

Bought this recently and it works amazingly. Cooked up some pizzas in 3-4mins and only takes 10mins for it preheat to desired temperature. It can get to 400c so mimics the woodfired pizza feel very well. Way better than doing it in the oven or air fryer imo. I've also made some flat bread on it which turned out great too.

Defs recommend it for anyone thinking of getting a woodfired oven or wanting the woodfired pizza feel without the annoying preparation and hassel

Bought this recently and it works amazingly. Cooked up some pizzas in 3-4mins and only takes 10mins for it preheat to desired temperature. It can get to 400c so mimics the woodfired pizza feel very well. Way better than doing it in the oven or air fryer imo. I've also made some flat bread on it which turned out great too.

Defs recommend it for anyone thinking of getting a woodfired oven or wanting the woodfired pizza feel without the annoying preparation and hassel
Dammit Nuggetz, don't give me ideas. Trying very hard to buy any more kitchen do-dads:hearteyes:

Ate some of the pizza before I could take pics 😂

The one where I ate half of it is hand rolled and the rest using a rolling pin cos I couldn't be armed anymore haha

Attachments

• 20220721_205554.jpg
    20220721_205554.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • 20220721_205605.jpg
    20220721_205605.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 20220721_212130.jpg
    20220721_212130.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
Ticky009 Kirkswan SwansProudly

Sorry for the poor photos and lack of complete product but my sister and BIL were hungry but here is the sous vide burger patty. It was about an inch thick, 1/3 pound in weight roughly (not well shaped though) and they just melted when you ate them. Well worth the fiddling around with it

Attachments

• 20220729_173535.jpg
    20220729_173535.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 20220729_185100.jpg
    20220729_185100.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • 20220729_185350.jpg
    20220729_185350.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 20220729_185400.jpg
    20220729_185400.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • 20220729_185407.jpg
    20220729_185407.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
28th-30th Oct SYDNEY GIN FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥃🍸🍹

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get this modern gin obsession 🤣
There's a couple of reasons:
  • From a business perspective its an easy way to earn coin while you distill and ferment other spirits like whisky which take much longer to mature.
  • Distilling methods have improved to the point it can shipped pretty much immediately so its much quicker to earn a return on your dollar which makes it much more attractive to make over whisky etc
  • Good marketing by smaller distilleries and introduction of more unique botanicals have created a huge variety of gin. I should know I've done my best to drink as many Aust varieties I can get my hands on.:tongueoutv1:

There's a couple of reasons:
  • From a business perspective its an easy way to earn coin while you distill and ferment other spirits like whisky which take much longer to mature.
  • Distilling methods have improved to the point it can shipped pretty much immediately so its much quicker to earn a return on your dollar which makes it much more attractive to make over whisky etc
  • Good marketing by smaller distilleries and introduction of more unique botanicals have created a huge variety of gin. I should know I've done my best to drink as many Aust varieties I can get my hands on.:tongueoutv1:

Id admire the work that goes into it, I also rarely drink to be fair, But I find Gin to be like drinking grannys purfume.

Might need to broaden my horizons

Id admire the work that goes into it, I also rarely drink to be fair, But I find Gin to be like drinking grannys purfume.

Might need to broaden my horizons
I myself don't like dry gins, so until I tried other types I was pretty much convinced it wasn't for me.

But I also don't drink dark spirits such as whisky, bourbon etc so a white spirit was always going to be an option I'd explore further.

The different botanicals really influence the flavour and you can have a lot of fun just tasting through those. Also, can highly recommend a slice of cucumber with your gin and tonic, it enhances the flavours remarkably.

Salted the night before, left uncovered in the fridge
Sous vide at 55° for 2 hours with rosemary in the bag
Super hot sear on one side, then on the fat cap
Finally butter, garlic and rosemary basted on the final side

It is perfect and I wish I could share it with you all

Attachments

• 20221126_170334.jpg
    20221126_170334.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
Good get, Millky!
I gave mum a small taste and was like "I am bringing this out on Christmas. I don't know what with yet but it's happening" and she was in full approval

For health reasons I have had to ditch chick peas, raw tomatoes, citrus beyond peel, asparagus, all crustaceans, red meat meat and offal which I love. I have drastically scaled back on lentils which I cannot bear to wean myself off. The fave ex MsH who I often cook for has really bad coeliac’s disease.

This is making cooking a pain finding things we find appetising. I am moving away from my beloved curries. A while ago I had a crack at some West African food, a feature of which is using finely ground peanuts (I add cashews as well) and spiced up yoghurt to case chook thighs and pork ribs and some veg (worked with fennel and Asian greens as well as pumpkin slices). Gunna have a go in the next fortnight and report on outcomes.

Beyond that I will do some sousing and some Cajun, French and Italian. It sounds ridiculous but appetising food is an imperative to keep us ancients eating and weight on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back