List Mgmt. Recycled Players for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts:

Which de-listed players will be potentially recycled?

Out of that list who will end up at our club?

Reference Source:
http://m.afl.com.au/news/features/retirements-and-delistings

Out of those the ones I would want the most are:
- Adcock if he was fine just playing in the VFL helping with the development of younger players (know it's not going to happen just saying).
- Max Duffy
- Sam Grimley
- Mason Shaw
- Mark Jamar (if we didn't get Smith so just for backup)

Know 3 of them are forwards but just saying who I would like the most.

Good thread and I dunno why it hasnt been opened earlier. We have a max of about 6 incomings through trade and national draft combined before its pretty worthless.

I reckon to fills some shelves I wouldnt mind seeing; Adcock, Watson, Warren, Karnezis, Woodward, Warren, Mark worth and Kelly.

All these guys would really just fill the need for coverage, although I still see upside in the likes of Woodward, Kelly and Karnezis.

If we are looking just to fill a spot at low cost with out great expectations I see the lions have delisted Jordon Bourke age 20 and although when he was first up for drafting I had him in the over rated pile today I'm thinking the way thing are panning out for us perhaps a rookie list spot.

Will be interesting to see who GWS delist and the Bombers might have a couple they let go. I think we need a couple of mature delisteds. I can't see how we will fill our list spots otherwise. I don't think we should be upgrading any rookies.
It depends IMO on how many players we take in the draft - previously contracted players and rookies can be given 1 year contracts, while players taken in the National Draft get 2 years, I think.

So if we do end up taking 5+ players after trading out early draft picks this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see rookies like Luxford/Read/Bates/Delaney upgraded. Simply because they may be less likely candidates for delisting at the end of 2016 than some late speculative picks.

If we are looking just to fill a spot at low cost with out great expectations I see the lions have delisted Jordon Bourke age 20 and although when he was first up for drafting I had him in the over rated pile today I'm thinking the way thing are panning out for us perhaps a rookie list spot.

I'd take a punt on Bourkey, sure.

I'd take a look at Kieran Harper of North if he gets delisted.

The best delisted players won't come on the market for a while and some of them will be worth a punt.

We realistically need a couple of high risk high reward types. If they suck delisted after a year like Blease.

Of the current delisted players maybe Spencer White. Another high risk high reward type. Who cares if he fails. Can't be any worse than pick 112 in the draft.

Good thread and I dunno why it hasnt been opened earlier. We have a max of about 6 incomings through trade and national draft combined before its pretty worthless.

I reckon to fills some shelves I wouldnt mind seeing; Adcock, Watson, Warren, Karnezis, Woodward, Warren, Mark worth and Kelly.

All these guys would really just fill the need for coverage, although I still see upside in the likes of Woodward, Kelly and Karnezis.

Karnezis has retired, can't be picked up as a free agent and instead has to nominate for the preseason draft. Seems to me like the decision is definitive given his injury troubles - doubt his heart is still in it.

Fitzpatrick may be worth a look - lacks size for a key forward but might insure us if Walker/Kersten don't fire or Vardy's knee issues resurface.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarrad Redden is okay, but he doesn't set the world on fire. 25 and with our record of transforming players into decent players is very good. We could do a lot worse from the 2015's delistees class and we will most likely need to fill up two spots with recyclables anyway.

Wouldn't mind delisting Dawson to bring him in. If Port never got Ryder he probably would've been there another 5 years.

Will be interesting to see who GWS delist and the Bombers might have a couple they let go. I think we need a couple of mature delisteds. I can't see how we will fill our list spots otherwise. I don't think we should be upgrading any rookies.

We have 7 senior spots to fill at this stage, Dangerfield/Smith/Selwood/Henderson look as though they'll account for 4 of them. Depending on how many picks we use at the draft (probably trade out 9 + 28 for Danger, leaves 5 of which the 2 in Rounds 5-6 probably aren't worth using), I don't think we need a great deal of mature delisteds - our activity during this trade/FA period could negate that need.

It depends IMO on how many players we take in the draft - previously contracted players and rookies can be given 1 year contracts, while players taken in the National Draft get 2 years, I think.

So if we do end up taking 5+ players after trading out early draft picks this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see rookies like Luxford/Read/Bates/Delaney upgraded. Simply because they may be less likely candidates for delisting at the end of 2016 than some late speculative picks.

I would be very surprised as I don't think that any have done anything to deserve upgrading on last years form. Maybe, if after a good preseason a player performs well through the year, then we may have to revisit the rookies.

We have 7 senior spots to fill at this stage, Dangerfield/Smith/Selwood/Henderson look as though they'll account for 4 of them. Depending on how many picks we use at the draft (probably trade out 9 + 28 for Danger, leaves 5 of which the 2 in Rounds 5-6 probably aren't worth using), I don't think we need a great deal of mature delisteds - our activity during this trade/FA period could negate that need.
Jansen has said he wants out to Brisbane, walker is likely to go to Carlton and Simpson is most likely delisted.
And it seems we won't have any early picks so after the minimum 3 picks in the draft. I'd expect we will fill the rest with mature ages. Either from state leagues (in the draft) or as delisted free agents.

None of the rookies deserve a senior spot if he wasn't injured Delaney is an AFL player. But he only just signed a new one year rookie deal.

Kelly from Bulldogs.
Redden from Port.
Ruckman from Norwood (gotta weird name. Can't remember it)
Shilo Smith Essendon doutta stars

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Recycled Players for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back