Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a PS5 version of this or is it just the PS4 version?

I've never played either but am thinking about finally starting this as well.
Just PS4 but still beautiful for it's time. Game is a slow grind for the first 1-2 chapters but they use that as time to help you understand the characters. Certainly worth giving it a crack

Just PS4 but still beautiful for it's time. Game is a slow grind for the first 1-2 chapters but they use that as time to help you understand the characters. Certainly worth giving it a crack
I find it weird that RDR 2 has never received a 60fps patch. When the first Red Dead Redemption was ported to PS4 (and PS5 backwards compatibility), last year, it was only 30fps at launch, but then it received a 60fps patch a few weeks after its release.

Oh I know. That’s why I brought it to.

If you’re hunting for trophies, there’s 5 missable throughout the game that you may miss as you progress.
That’s why do as much side and character missions as possible rather then the main story.

Just wish I used swords, fire arrows, fire bottles, the crafted ammo’s throughout the game. Pretty fun and chaotic.

Be aware of challenges. There’s 90 all up. Collect in relation to that, it’s a real bonus as you progress.
No interest in trophies at all. Just want to cruise through it at my own pace. Probably never finish it anyway, but I do want to try and play through it.

I want to get weapons etc, that's probably my main aim and get the goodies that are useful IE things that store more etc

I find it weird that RDR 2 has never received a 60fps patch. When the first Red Dead Redemption was ported to PS4 (and PS5 backwards compatibility), last year, it was only 30fps at launch, but then it received a 60fps patch a few weeks after its release.
We'll probably get a "remaster" port for the PS5 Pro which includes it late next year or something. I jump online every now and then and this game is seriously neglected - they just update the dailies, throw in a couple of seasonal changes and that's it. Fingers crossed any remaster has additional content in it

GTA V is still where the online money is

It will be interesting to see if GTA 6 takes that crown or not

RDR isn't the kind of game with the appeal for the online crowd

I personally get the Legend of the East satchel as quickly as I can. Takes a while to hunt all the animals, but means you can carry 99 of most things.

Stock up on thyme and minty big game.

Also take advantage of the large jewelry bag glitch. There's an infinitely spawning bag of jewelry out near Wallace Station and the timber co. You can find vids on YouTube that show where it is.

Get fun weapons like the broken pirate sword. You can use it on horseback against people who abuse you. Or people who don't abuse you. Anyone, really.
Why stock up on mint and thyme?

Had a look aroud on YT but wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for?

Cooking recipes where you get stat boosts

Big game mint and thyme = gold core for a day for health and dead eye, which means you don't have to eat other food to keep your health core solid and you don't have to smoke cigars or drink alcohol to keep your dead eye core solid. You can sell all that food and alcohol at shops instead.

Out the back of Shady Belle there's some alligators by the shore. I shoot them and get their big game meat, then pick some thyme and mint and cook their meat.

You have to ride far enough away for it to respawn - up to the Appleseed Timber Co and back is enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still waiting for my 4K 60 patch Rockstar will you just release it already.

Reckon the pricks will announce it for the PS5 Pro
It’ll be a whole new game version. Probably call it the ultimate package and be 69.99 at JBhifi.
RockStar wouldn’t dare do freebies on a game released in 2018. Too much money potentially lost

It’ll be a whole new game version. Probably call it the ultimate package and be 69.99 at JBhifi.
RockStar wouldn’t dare do freebies on a game released in 2018. Too much money potentially lost
That would suck. I own a digital copy they would have to give existing owners a free upgrade or charge them a $10 - $15 to upgrade.

That would suck. I own a digital copy they would have to give existing owners a free upgrade or charge them a $10 - $15 to upgrade.

You'd like to think so but Rockstar aren't as generous as Sony/Naughty Dog (with TLOU part 1 & 2 having a cheap upgrade path, ditto Sony with the Spider-man Remastered upgrade etc).

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back