Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO, Kreuger has been tapped on the shoulder to explore his options based on his management organizing an article after exit interviews.
Regarding Reef, IMO he performed well this year when called apon to play AFL but at 21 his tank still needs development.

Obviously, the club will be tracking his progress and I assume he has been told he has much to work on. Reef could find opportunity at another club but I hope he stays and works through it.

Reef and AJ are solid medium forward depth.
You had me until the last line.

AJ isn't solid depth for any role.
Elliott plays as medium forward for us. It's Schultz's best role. WHE too. JDG will probably start spending more time there if he needs managing.

We don't need either AJ or Reef as medium forward depth.

Elliott plays as medium forward for us. It's Schultz's best role. WHE too. JDG will probably start spending more time there if he needs managing.

I Wouldn't mind a good quality tall like membrey

IMO, Kreuger has been tapped on the shoulder to explore his options based on his management organizing an article after exit interviews.

Really?

Or maybe it’s based on Fly hollering from the rafters in every recent media appearance about “Gee, we’d really love another KPF”

Reef now looks long odds to be retained with no contract update today. He’ll be in the same boat as Krueger from here and need to wait until post trade week or have his management get cracking on a new home.

I really hope we keep him.

And Rosas from Gold Coast is officially on the market .. 1724909160871.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Jen, but I don't really get that. They could have said at the exit meeting that we'd like to give you a new contract, if you're up for it we'll speak to your manager and get it sorted. I don't see any reason why we couldn't sign more people between now and the start of the trade period.

NMBB, I get that, I suppose, or we could also be holding back in case we land someone during trade period which means we don't need them anymore. Either way it would be a bugger dealing with the uncertainty.

Thanks Jen, but I don't really get that. They could have said at the exit meeting that we'd like to give you a new contract, if you're up for it we'll speak to your manager and get it sorted. I don't see any reason why we couldn't sign more people between now and the start of the trade period.

NMBB, I get that, I suppose, or we could also be holding back in case we land someone during trade period which means we don't need them anymore. Either way it would be a bugger dealing with the uncertainty.
I’d say they want to keep options open. If we don’t get the players we want, then he might still get an offer.

Because we dont know what trade period will bring up. This isn't just us. Most clubs generally keep options open going into the trade. If nothing much comes from it, and we have a spot available then we'll likely give him another year.

I really hope we keep him.
I lean the other way and preference letting him go. These days I reckon you can churn through those 21-25 yo’s a lot easier than you once could and he feels a relic of the previous regimes drafting with his limited running power.

Ultimately I think he gets at least 12 months more in the system because unlike Ruscoe and Bianco he has size. Whether that’s with us or elsewhere remains to be seen.

I lean the other way and preference letting him go. These days I reckon you can churn through those 21-25 yo’s a lot easier than you once could and he feels a relic of the previous regimes drafting with his limited running power.

Ultimately I think he gets at least 12 months more in the system because unlike Ruscoe and Bianco he has size. Whether that’s with us or elsewhere remains to be seen.

I’d be happy for them to let him if he’d had a decent chunk game time over an 8 week block. He’s always looked likely.

IMO, We will regret letting him go, if it gets to that.

He’s never looked likely that’s why he’s been playing VFL.

Averages a just under goal a game. Never been given an extended run to settle and create chemistry within the team. Kicked 4 in a game. Normally gets limited time.

Has looked likely. It’s just whether or not the club rates him highly to persist and allow him to become what he can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back