Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked good in a few passages of play using speed and agility to burst packs. Exactly what you want from young mids. Didn’t get any supply in forward line but got the ball when moved mid.

Still think there’s something there in reef.
Said it at the beginning of this season, should be applying his craft in the midfield.
He is not a key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who said he isn't coming back? Thought it was said at least he was coming back for the trade/draft?
Oh you know bf better than I, Jen 🥴 There's always been 2 distinct groups in the Wright saga.

He only wanted to quit, we wouldn't let him & he's going to Tassie when he gets back versus the club respected his need for a holiday, gave him the sabbatical & can't wait for his return.

Oh you know bf better than I, Jen 🥴 There's always been 2 distinct groups in the Wright saga.

He only wanted to quit, we wouldn't let him & he's going to Tassie when he gets back versus the club respected his need for a holiday, gave him the sabbatical & can't wait for his return.
Ah! so not from official sources..just from the bf debate about will he or wont he haha

Our handling of McInnes continues to frustrate me and I don't see much evidence of it being a masterclass in player development.

Whether it be a continued lack of senior opportunity in a year full of injury, to having him seemingly anchored inside f50 as a quasi KPP, we've taken so long to expand his role and build his midfield minutes at VFL level.

Last night was just a continuation of a lack of faith shown in him and when we did introduce him (all to late) we just plonked him in the forward line with the game effectively over.

Yeah that'll do wonders for his confidence and ability to improve his game.

I don't know if McInnes will ultimately be good enough but I do believe we aren't affording him the best opportunity to succeed.

Our handling of McInnes continues to frustrate me and I don't see much evidence of it being a masterclass in player development.

Whether it be a continued lack of senior opportunity in a year full of injury, to having him seemingly anchored inside f50 as a quasi KPP, we've taken so long to expand his role and build his midfield minutes at VFL level.

Last night was just a continuation of a lack of faith shown in him and when we did introduce him (all to late) we just plonked him in the forward line with the game effectively over.

Yeah that'll do wonders for his confidence and ability to improve his game.

I don't know if McInnes will ultimately be good enough but I do believe we aren't affording him the best opportunity to succeed.
Hopefully he gets a full game next week.

I don't think making the sub as a young player helps their development any bit. Why not make it like the 23rd man like the vfl where the extra 5th player is one under a certain age, maybe under 23 years, with no restriction on game time.

I don't think making the sub as a young player helps their development any bit. Why not make it like the 23rd man like the vfl where the extra 5th player is one under a certain age, maybe under 23 years, with no restriction on game time.
Just make it 5 without a sub.
With an extra team joining the competition the competition needs to fast track as much player development as possible.
And like you said, Jen, you don’t get that playing for 20 minutes with the big boys

Just make it 5 without a sub.
With an extra team joining the competition the competition needs to fast track as much player development as possible.
And like you said, Jen, you don’t get that playing for 20 minutes with the big boys
Thats right, and I do believe come round 1 2025 that's what it'll be.
But given this league takes rules from other sports and comps, throwing up this idea they could throw in and make the 5th player someone under a certain age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back