Register your interest in 2009 BigFooty AFL Dream Team Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: AFL Dream Team 2009

How do you post a link to your team? Im feeling slightly ******ed right now, cant figure it out... :D

How do you post a link to your team? Im feeling slightly ******ed right now, cant figure it out... :D

I refused to admit that I couldn't!

1) Do not log in Edit - Actually log in then log out - it's at the log out screen
2) Go to the rankings at the bottom of the first screen
3) Find your team
4) Right click, copy shortcut, then paste in thread.

One question, people that were in the leagues last year are already in right? And will be in a league depending on last season? I was in division 4 and finished 69th...

One question, people that were in the leagues last year are already in right? And will be in a league depending on last season? I was in division 4 and finished 69th...

The BigFooty Dream Team Leagues will do a preliminary registration of interest shortly. Those who participated in BigFooty Dream Team Leagues 2008 will be ranked and placed tentatively into leagues for next year.

Those not involved in BigFooty Dream Team Leagues 2008 but who are interested in doing so in 2009 must provide a link to their 2008 DT result. They will ranked (most probably) in the league below the one they would have been - to give precedence to BigFooty Dream Team Leagues 2008 participants.

Thoughts / comments

PS Dream Team League Captains - please post their final league team results in the appropriate thread in the DT Leagues board

My interpretation of Kildonan's statement is that all Bigfooty coaches who were in leagues this year will be automatically "pencilled in" for DT2009. Of course, they would need to confirm.

Which raises the issue of the cut-off date.

For example, a team who was in, say, Div 5 this year and finished 30th overall gets put into Div 1 for next season. What if they don't log into Bigfooty until one week before the start of next season? If BF members do not return, it will create big problems because those leagues will need to be filled, and that means either:

1) The leagues below will need to be reshuffled (top players promoted to fill necessary openings). This would be a nightmare. For instance, take the above example. If Div 1 has two vacancies (i.e. two posters fail to confirm), then it would affect EVERY league below. The top two ranked coaches in Div 2 would be pushed up to Div 1, top two in Div 3 pushed up to Div 2, and so on all the way down to Div XX.
; or

2) Participants would have to be pulled from somewhere at the last minute. These coaches would literally be "out of their league", so to speak. And I'm sure alot of coaches in leagues below them would be annoyed at that.

So there will need to be a cutoff date to ensure that all the leagues are satisfactorily filled on time. If the date is too early, then coaches who are absent for the preseason will be penalised (and any individuals joining bigfooty late will miss out). But if the date is set too late, then the leagues may not be filled and we'll be scrambling to fill the gaps.

The leagues were pulled apart, the coaches ranked on final score and then invitations sent out for posters who missed out 2008 to get in for 2009

The absolute cut off date for confirmation of participation will tentatively be the weekend of the Preseason cup final.

We will want everybody interested in Supercoach and Dream Team Leagues to have logged in and confirmed their participation.

Don't forget that a new innovation is being put together for next season:

The BigFooty club championships (both DT and SC).

These leagues will be organised on the respective club boards.
The club leagues will compete for a perpetual trophy and the winning club will awarded a prize (I'm pushing for a substantial contribution towards the club player sponsorship).

I'm organising the Saints squad for this. Each club will have one league to represent them, but are encouraged to have more than one league for the purpose of promotion and relegation of future representatives.

I'm sure the board moderators would appreciate a volunteer to help organise the club leagues for next season.

Remember that we will be creating a SC and DT league for each club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want in.

Finished 850th, peaked around 300ish.

Can't get a link working but hopefully this is proof enough.

im in the zen LOGGED IN AS: chris
Guernsey
Shorts
Edit

Score:
Round 22 Score:
Overall Ranking:
850 of 203,220
Weekly Ranking: 12,617 of 203,220
League Ranking: 1
Rounds Played: 22
Avg Score/Round: 1,946