Speculation Reilly O’Brien [UFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

He was Champion Data highest performed Ruck for the year. He was nothing to do with why we had a terrible year.
If only his so called taps to advantage were like Gawn's...

If his taps to advantage are not translating into clearances, we may a well have a ruckman who is useful around the ground!

well, in 2023 and 2024, ROB ranked elite with hit outs, and hit outs to advantage.
You pay too much credence to rankings.

Explain to me why if he is so elite we are poor in clearance?

You pay too much credence to rankings.

Explain to me why if he is so elite we are poor in clearance?
This isn't about if he should have been the AA ruck, this is about people making comments that he is terrible, and wishing anyone would take him off our hands.
He is a very good ruckman, and the stats back that up. And, with regards to stats, it's one of the ways we track their form.

As for the clearances, the mids he hit to the advantage of needs to actually clear the ball. He did his job to hit to the advantage.

Last edited:
It only his taps were really to advantage.

We should be dominating midfield clearances if this were true.

28.6% hitouts to advantage. Same as Grundy, better than Sweet, not far off Gawn (29.4)

I think a lot of our issue with hitouts is we don’t have the speed and power to break away from the contest so it gets nullified even though we get first hands

Much more critical of ROB inability to handball or kick in tight situations which often results in a potentially positive play end up in another stoppage

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Reilly O’Brien [UFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back