relatively cheap mids

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide
For my mids, I plan to get 3 guns and 2 first year rookies.

I also plan to get 3 relatively cheap (i.e. $200K - $400K) players with at least a couple years experience. The following players are the ones that I'm keen to enlist from this category, but alas, I can't give them all a guernsey:

- R.Dyson (ESS): $260,000
- B.Peake (FREO): $275,800
- M Coughlan (RICH): $260,500
- S.Butler (WCE): $278,500
- B.Schammer (FREO): $306,600
- A.Swallow (KANG): $396,800
- S.Buckley (MELB): $191,400

My question is, out of those listed, who do you think would be the best 3 options and why. I eventually plan to trade these players once their prices skyrocket (hopefully).

p.s. This is for Supercoach.

I also plan to get 3 relatively cheap (i.e. $200K - $400K) players with at least a couple years experience. The following players are the ones that I'm keen to enlist from this category, but alas, I can't give them all a guernsey:

My question is, out of those listed, who do you think would be the best 3 options and why. I eventually plan to trade these players once their prices skyrocket (hopefully).

For me Dyson would be a certain starter. Had a huge preseason, the coach has big expectations from him this year, and he got plenty of the ball the other night. Houili also got alot of it as well.

For me Dyson would be a certain starter. Had a huge preseason, the coach has big expectations from him this year, and he got plenty of the ball the other night. Houili also got alot of it as well.

Yeah I'm going to get Houli, but I've actually included him in the first year rookie category (even though he isn't), because he has only played a couple of games and is as cheap as one. :thumbsu:

I also have Dyson at, or near, the top of my list at this stage. I think Knights really likes him so he might get a good run.

dont under estimate griffin n.stevens houlli (sweet as player) and prismall

dont get sold on prismall and boak simply for the following fact
c cornes k cornes p burgoyne s burgoyne cassisi salopek rodan pearce
bartel ablett corey kelly ling selwood

bryce gibbs pretty cheap too , may play the loose man down back :thumbsu:

the biggest one of all is Nick Stevens imo.

personally i would steer clear of coughlan coming off two knee reco's as he will take a good half a season under match conditions to get up to speed, but thats just my opinion

Schammer because he had big issues last year with his appendix and a blocked bowel where he lost 16 kilos. He gained 12 Brownlow votes in his last uninterrupted season (actually he played about 17 games, coz he got injured near the end of the year).

Anyways, he has had a great preseason and should average over 20 touches a game with a lot of kicks. Peake not such a big ball winner, but more of a ball carrier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the biggest one of all is Nick Stevens imo.

I've included Nick Stevens in my gun category. He is a proven player who just happens to be a bargain price.

FYI the 3 gun mids that I have chosen at this stage are:

- N. Stevens: priced well below his scoring potential.
- G. Ablett: expensive, but should score well.
- N. Dal Santo: see Ablett.

dont under estimate griffin n.stevens houlli (sweet as player) and prismall

I've had Griffin for the last two years on the advice that he has had an awesome pre-season and both times he has burnt me. For this reason I'm going to avoid him this year (though that probably means he will dominate :p).

Don't really know much about Prismall... I'll keep his name in mind.

bryce gibbs pretty cheap too , may play the loose man down back

I like gibbs, but I'm not sure he has the potential (this year) to really skyrocket in value. I think he will go up a bit, but not enough.

Finding decent cheap to mid centers are the easy ones... ;)

The hard part, is come 29 days from now, how many of them will be named...

If I could offer advice, collect as much information on as many cheap to mid centers as possible, rank them if you want.

Then select the ones that are GETTING A GAME!. :)

Finding decent cheap to mid centers are the easy ones... ;)

The hard part, is come 29 days from now, how many of them will be named...

If I could offer advice, collect as much information on as many cheap to mid centers as possible, rank them if you want.

Then select the ones that are GETTING A GAME!. :)

:thumbsu: cheers good advice

Remove this Banner Ad

relatively cheap mids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back