Preview Reminder: North Melbourne have not won a Round 1 match since 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

We also haven't been a decent side since then. Our players are grown up now, expecting a clinical peformance. Would be very disappointed if we dropped this.

Sorry cant lower expectations, im expecting us to win and will go into every week against anyone anywhere expecting to win.

I reckon the next 2 years our time (maybe 3 at a stretch), after that we'll see retirements of key players or them simply slowing down. We've been building towards this for 5 years - now is the time. We cant wait for next season, who knows NDS, Wells, Goldie could go down preseason. So now it is, i expect this group to be playing like there is no tomorrow - if they're ever going to climb the mountain, the time is now. They need to destroy anything standing in their way, this week thats the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players were all aware of the rotten sequence... the opposition obviously better prepared. This is a good reminder to all that last year is last year and all the hard work for the pre-season is yet to be revealed for the season ahead.. I have faith though. Kudos to Phil Walsh and I hope North will be better for the reality check.

I kinda thought the last match of last year might've delivered that already.

Nevermind 2014. North have had two solid praccy games that shook out the 2014 reality check cobwebs. Footballers don't have long memories. It's all about the comfort zone (of recent times).

But I never expected North to have a perfect season... this is just a clip over the ear reminder that the season has started and the opposition are more sharper than last year. Chop chop.. back to work North.

I was preparing for NM's sub-par performance to ambush me, and I got ambushed.

Better in Round 1 than Round 21.

Besides.. by Week 6.. this loss is be a faded memory that fails to register after a 'solid- stick it up 'em' win over the Cats & Port. That's how North need to respond now. No ifs or buts... work harder because a 1-5 start isn't out of the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Reminder: North Melbourne have not won a Round 1 match since 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back