Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
Ok

Didn't see one of these threads so if there is one can it

Were playing Belconnan today I belive and after last night Meredeth, O'Dwyer and Thornton (I think he can replace Heath) and possibly Pyke will be the ones to watch for a quick senior call up.

I think they only have 11 listed players available, are the scholarship lads like Nathan Gordan allowed to play in Canberra or is that just in Sydney does anyone know?

Belconnan would have to think of themselves as favorites by a real lack of kP players in the swans line up.

Brett Mer would be up for consideration next week, as will Pyke I think. We missed a more mobile forward like Kosi.

Nath Gordon does play for us in the Ressies comp.

Brett Mer would be up for consideration next week, as will Pyke I think. We missed a more mobile forward like Kosi.

Nath Gordon does play for us in the Ressies comp.

In Canberra as well?

I know the Rams lads play in Sydney but we get dreg top ups in Canberra as part of the rules.

So I assume by what your saying that our Scholarship players count as the limited number of swans players allowed to play in Canberra.

This is good.

Yep, he plays for us in Canberra too. Played last years' GF and did alright for himself from memory.

We'll get him as a bargain in the draft.

pyke was in melbounre yesterday for the swans game so im not sure if he will debut next week because i think they will give him a run against east lakes before they play him!

Ummmm belconnen will be a tough team to beat this year but im hoping the boys play well! Waiting for the results before i try and figure out who should play for the seniors next week!

Nick Smith is Injured...saw him in melbourne!
Poor Pat is really sore from his operation and is really missing playing!

Soph

Is there any reason Pyke could not have taken a morning flight to Canberra this morning to link up with the team today?

I would have thought for the emergancies who didnt play, MOD waqs the other I think, would be doing this.

Pyke clearly made it to Canberra this afternoon, kicked 2 goals in a 45 point loss to Belconnan.

info from sportingpulse

http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_...8809581&c=1-1051-17831-82928-10066598&pool=-1

BELCONNEN MAGPIES
Goal Kickers: A. Ainger 4, J. JENNINGS 3, B. WESTON 2, R. TURNBULL 2, S. CURTIS 2, P. RAADTS, C. ECKERSLEY, C. YORK
Best Players: A. Ainger, S. MAHAR, B. TALSMA, J. JENNINGS, R. McAlister, C. YORK
SYDNEY SWANSGoal Kickers: M. PYKE 2, R. BRABAZON 2, D. NULLEY, M. O''DWYER, L. Johnston, E. BARLOW, M. PELDA, K. THORNTON
Best Players: L. Johnston, B. Meredith, R. BRABAZON, K. THORNTON, J. ORREAL, T. CLEAVER

While I have seen the quality of the best players from this source questioned Meredith among the best must take note.

Is that two best on grounds straight from Johnston?
And good to see Meredith in the best again (surely must play next week)

Will Roo's back flip on his words not to play Johnston this year?
I meant two great performances will certainly help our team to have a mobile target leading up the ground...

I know yes he will be raw and inexperienced but I think giving him some early exposure to league football would surely have a huge benefit to him as long as he doesn't get injured.

great news Johnston, sure its just the ressies in the canberra league but u cant ask much more, I know its a big step up to seniors but I think this kid could do it, Ive said it before but Ill say it again Id like to seem playing sooner rather than later!
Btw, what possie did he play? 1 goal and best on ground, Im guessing not up forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that two best on grounds straight from Johnston?
And good to see Meredith in the best again (surely must play next week)
This is the first game of the year. But all aboard the Meredith train! (Toot! Toot! - except for Sophie who hates his guts.)

Will Roo's back flip on his words not to play Johnston this year?
I meant two great performances will certainly help our team to have a mobile target leading up the ground...

I know yes he will be raw and inexperienced but I think giving him some early exposure to league football would surely have a huge benefit to him as long as he doesn't get injured.

I don't think Roos ever said that Johnston was never going to play. It's just that key position players take time to develop and you do not want to destroy their confidence by making them play against experienced defenders. Having seen him briefly, I think he does have a shot at playing this year but at this stage of his career isn't going to make much difference to the team.

im on a mission 2 de-rail that bandwagon

no no if you guys are happy with him then thats all the matters...not going 2 like him until i think hes good enough though!

WHOOOOOOOOT COME ON JAKE IN THE BESTS...hes getting better peeps...yes maybe not amazing but def improving greatly hes gotta push for a senior selection this year...we have 2 give him a chance to ruck!

And my props goes 2 Pyke...i couldnt stay up till 11 watching a crappy afl game then get up for at 10 o'clock flight and play in canberra

Any news on how Cuz went?

EASTLAKE FOOTBALL CLUB
Goal Kickers: B. Collins 4, D. ROULSTONE 3, P. MCGRATH 3, S. COOPER 3, N. CLARKE 2, M. DEAN 2, T. GRAY, S. GUMLEY, C. GIBSON, A. BRUCE, M. WILLIAMS
Best Players: A. BRUCE, N. CLARKE, C. GIBSON, P. MCGRATH, A. ROGERS, D. ROULSTONE

We play east lakes next weekend and i am soooo excited 2 see Aaron
but what a shame we delisted him mark my word this kid is going 2 be a super star...also hes the east lakes new captain

Bruce has a lot of promise, I wish he had followed Terlich and Beckmans to the SANFL or gone to the VFL to improve his game.

im so glad he didnt

i feel that if he went there that would be the last we would see of him
re...doyle and phillips...even matty and dean have dropped off

im glad hes still in New South Wales as Sydney wether they choose to look at him again can watch him become the player he should he should have been at the club...anyway hes studying at uni in canberra and likes playing for east lakes

great news Johnston, sure its just the ressies in the canberra league but u cant ask much more, I know its a big step up to seniors but I think this kid could do it, Ive said it before but Ill say it again Id like to seem playing sooner rather than later!
Btw, what possie did he play? 1 goal and best on ground, Im guessing not up forward?
Don't be silly Bez L J wont play this year that might be something different, other clubs play skinny youngsters like the Crows did yesterday and did well.
Sorry to be negative but it is the same crap once again, i would rather bottom out and get players like Rich or Hill.

Don't be silly Bez L J wont play this year that might be something different, other clubs play skinny youngsters like the Crows did yesterday and did well.
Sorry to be negative but it is the same crap once again, i would rather bottom out and get players like Rich or Hill.

anyone know what possie he played in the ressies? Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back