Ressies 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially I thought a bye would bad for guys pushing for selection and for Pyke and Brababazon it probably is.

But for Buchanan, Thornton and Currie a week to freshen up their bodies along with a week before Laidlaw and hopefully Smith return to seconds action and next week the boys can come out stronger. I think they have Ainslie this week, a game they can be more competitive in.

we didnt play we had a Bye? lol

We play Ainslie at 10:50 before the carlton game
sooooo excited
One step at a time Sophie.

I had it in my mind that the game was at 9.50. 2pm starts are really weird.

It is pretty weird that Dan O'Keefe gets attacked because he is named in the best? Also I would like to know your sources?
I know you're talking to CAS79, but I was at the game and he was pretty terrible, although he had plenty of his teammates for company. I wouldn't trust the best list completely, I believe they are provided by the club itself and could be manipulated for their own publicity/political needs.

Oh yes u are right

10.50 is the week after when we play the tigers
Now you got me confused, I'm thinking 9.50 this week (before the Carlton game) and 10.50 in 2 weeks time (before the Richmond game)

It is pretty weird that Dan O'Keefe gets attacked because he is named in the best? Also I would like to know your sources?

All good bigswan, though attacked is a harsh word to have used. I don't hate any of our players or wish any of them ill or a delibrate bagging. Conversely I don't sugarcoat my opinions if I think there struggling. As stated this was second hand info

I wont name my sources but let me tell you a little about them.

Both are friends one lives in Syd, crazy bugger married a Sydney girl after doing uni there and moved from Hobart years ago and lives in the hills just out to be precise.

The other other was up from Melbourne who was only there for the last half of the game. Hes a single 30 year old solicitor who lives with his mum and dad and will for their life and inherit the family home so he's got the do to travel as much as he likes.

Not like me who has a mortgage and a sick partner so even going to Sydney is expensive and if she's not well we could just end up sitting in a hotel room anyhow.

But if you don't want to take my word it's cool as hand up, I wasn't there. I was passing on second hand info and if you were there and differ or prefer to go with the official reports I don't mind that. We've all got to trust our own sources.

You will however notice from those on this board who were their sentiments are echoed. You can look over on the other forum and you will see a guy who updated reports from a laptop using wireless. He was there too and so were a couple of there regulars and they too have a consensus.

Should be able to get there whatever time it start. Hopefully its a great sunny day so i can take some decent photos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK Nat and I are off 2 watch the ressies hopefully we can beat Ainslie today we are playing at home and we have Sexy Smith and Laidlaw back i think we should do alright! Will give a report when i come home...if ur going look out for the massive banners haha!

Report on the game, anyone?

How'd Pyke go?

GRRRRRRRRR PYKE...seriously give him a game anytime soon and ill scream

Um...we won but played like shit and didnt deserve to win

Half time we were up like 40 points and then we only won by 3 points

Cuz had a shocker he couldnt convert but settled down towards the end of the game

Monty did great 5 goals and was ever where

Sexy Smith did well in his 1st game back and MOL had a good run didnt watch to much but was taking a few good marks

Laidlaw was super...He marks over head really well...kicked some good goals

Little boys did better 2day

Nathan Gordon aka Nipper did well

Very harsh Soph, we were terrific in the first half, but the young boys started to tire in the hot weather (both physically and mentally) as Ainslie came home with a wet sail.

Buchanan - was my standout player of the match, perhaps a bit selfish at times going for goal, but he ended up with 5 and was way too good.
Currie - countless contested marks, superb hands, great reach, but his kicking let him down.
Pyke - the timing on his jumps has improved, he has eliminated the propensity to jump too early in the ball up contests. Next, has to work on his general play, especially his awareness. Perhaps it's because he's usually in a huge pack of players during ball ups and throw ins that he's used to disposing of the ball quickly, but there were times when he had a lot more space and time with the ball, he hurried the handpass and didn't dispose of it effectively. I still don't think he's ready, and I can't really see why Roos keeps putting forward the idea that he is.
MOD and Brabazon - should be brought before the Football Crimes Tribunal for charges of murdering the football. They did not use the ball well at all and it's disappointing for two players who have been named in the emergencies this year.
Nipper - Smart player, snap him up at the end of this year.
Gilchrist - Has a prodigous kick, dare I say it, he reminds me a little of Nick Davis.

Bad news for RUNVS, Johnston looked like he was injured, and that's why he didn't play in teh game.

yeah don't get me wrong they were great 1st

Um i spoke 2 lewis
now he was already stirring me up with Daniel Currie but i asked him why he didnt play...he said hes injured his foot and said hes out for the rest of the year...now i dont know if hes joking or not but when i was like "are you serious" he said yeah...but he was joking around with me before this so ill wait till the club confirms it

Daniel O'Keefe is soft and won't make it at AFL level IMO. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Hannebury (sp??) is a gun. One passage of play in the last quarter, he gathered disposed to man on the wing (excellent disposal), he then kept running, and ended up gathering the end of the disposal around the wing at CHF. This is the kind of hard running we need to see at reserve level.
Kid has the ability to make an immediate impact at senior level in 2010, probably similar to Bird in 08 IMO...

Nick Smith looked good, and I didn't realise it was his return game. I still think he looks an excellent prospect.
Daniel Curries hands are excellent, just appeared to have a bad day off the boot.
Pyke is no-where near ready.
Gilchrist has a sensational boot on him.
Buchanan was clearly a class above.
Laidlaw looks like he is building nicely after many injuries.

Pics! Full Photo stream found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffers1984/sets/72157616972926590/

3451649643_2442414d97_b.jpg

3452464988_9da202c368_b.jpg

3451654761_31be62cdfd_b.jpg

3452522574_ab044f49a6_b.jpg

3451676405_bdb6e1f4de_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back