Ressies 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring back the biff!

3496787810_30e72bf289.jpg

I would be surprised and disappointed if Vez only had to play one game in the seconds before a recall to the senior side.

He should play 3-4 reserves games, get his touch back and earn his spot in the side. Fact is, he is not a shoe in best 22 player at this stage.

Oh yeah Daniel McPherson said he had to earn his spot or in his words "Pull his finger out" which everyone laughed at since its Pats finger thats keeping him out lol...but yeah they want him 2 play seniors...and i know a lot of us do 2

Oh yeah Daniel McPherson said he had to earn his spot or in his words "Pull his finger out" which everyone laughed at since its Pats finger thats keeping him out lol...but yeah they want him 2 play seniors...and i know a lot of us do 2

Thanks for the extra info Soph.

Everybody wants him to play. Nobody wants to see him put in underdone though.
Training is one thing, but all footballers know you need more on gameday. He is still very young, and has had fitness problems.

Give him the time in reserves he needs to become up to speed. He should not be seen as 'good' enough to come straight into the team straight away (one 2nds game is straight away). It sets a bad example for other players, and is not good for the team nor the individual.

That is how I would approach it anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree Bigbez. Exciting prospect yes, but not a walk up start.

Have to disagree, he adds alot (class, X factor) to our forward line (Davis without the discipline issues?)

Will probably trot around the 2's for a couple of weeks, but had he not been injured would be an automatic selection.

I dunno, I watched him in the preseason comp, didnt show enough to be a walk up start, but in saying that, he will and can be a valuable team member, also Im a believer that everyone has to earn there spot, even the older guys...

Have to disagree, he adds alot (class, X factor) to our forward line (Davis without the discipline issues?)

Will probably trot around the 2's for a couple of weeks, but had he not been injured would be an automatic selection.

He may well have been an automatic selection if fit, but my comments are in regards to him being injured. My point was he is not at the stage of his career where I believe he can be selected after just one reserves game. He might add x-factor, but with a lack of preparation he'll just be a liability. (my op)

And I agree with bez above. All players should be made to earn their place in the team.

I saw Vez play the Practice Match against Melbourne and to me it seemed that he had really worked on his fitness over the pre season and had lost alot of the fat he was carrying last season and bulked up around the shoulders. He really he stand out. Now of course he has to come back to the senior side via the reserves a) to prove he is match fit and over the finger injury and b) not a total flop form wise when he does get to the seniors. At most he should play at least 2 Reserves Matches before they even think about naming him in the senior side, but I would like to see 3-4 matches just to be safe.

As for his fitness, for most of the injury he would of been able to run and do most fitness and strength training, so he should still be as fit as the day he was injured but he wouldn't be able to do as much Skills Training and thus he needs to get back up to speed in that area (an area which he exells in) and then prove himself in the Reserves for at least 2 games before a call is made. No point rushing a player back from injury now when it cost effect his career later down the line.

The last 2 posts say it all and if anyone disagrees they no nothing about footy

Thanks Supercoach. I reckon they'll give him 2 games in Canberra to regain fitness before selecting him in the seniors, after which he won't lose his spot for the rest of the season

Thanks Supercoach. I reckon they'll give him 2 games in Canberra to regain fitness before selecting him in the seniors, after which he won't lose his spot for the rest of the season

so, that meens he's not a walk up start doesnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back