Ressies 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the occasional posters who have accused a couple of us early of eating our own like Richmond please note the growing chorus on D.O'Keefe
Are you referring to Mase's glowing reference? :D ;)

HA HA YAAAAAY

Yeah they are

SEXY SMITH
CRUSHING ON CURRIE
WE <3 OUR RESSIES
UNREAL ORREAL

We have some banners in the making
They shall involve:
Craig Bird
Ed Barlow
Jesse White
Kieren Jack
Nathan Gordon
Matty O

We are going 2 make them when we play geelong in around 7

Would the occasional posters who have accused a couple of us early of eating our own like Richmond please note the growing chorus on D.O'Keefe

If you are referring to my comments, then I will quantify my comments.

There was a number of incidents, but one that stuck in mind...
Running after the footy, has front position. Takes a look over his shoulder, sees the man coming and completely takes his mind off the ball. Ends up behind the said player, does not tackle and does not chase him as he runs off with the ball.

The kid may well make it, but will never even get a look in at senior level with that kind of application. I for one hope he makes it, as he could no doubt be a good footballer. He just needs to work on his application towards the football. Simply, he needs to work for his team-mates.

If you are referring to my comments, then I will quantify my comments.

There was a number of incidents, but one that stuck in mind...
Running after the footy, has front position. Takes a look over his shoulder, sees the man coming and completely takes his mind off the ball. Ends up behind the said player, does not tackle and does not chase him as he runs off with the ball.

The kid may well make it, but will never even get a look in at senior level with that kind of application. I for one hope he makes it, as he could no doubt be a good footballer. He just needs to work on his application towards the football. Simply, he needs to work for his team-mates.

Yours was one but not one of isolation Mase. Please notie it wasone of agreement

The point I'm trying to make is that a little while ago a few of us went to the pracci game against Melbourne and reported the exact same scenario and we were eaten alive for it by a couple of people who accused us of being constantly negative.

All I was doing was pointing out to these people that a growing number of opinions are vindicating that statement.

It was good to hear that Laidlaw had a good game today along with Monty.

Yours was one but not one of isolation Mase. Please notie it wasone of agreement

The point I'm trying to make is that a little while ago a few of us went to the pracci game against Melbourne and reported the exact same scenario and we were eaten alive for it by a couple of people who accused us of being constantly negative.

All I was doing was pointing out to these people that a growing number of opinions are vindicating that statement.

Well said CAS, DOK did not look up to it that day and don't worry about that Richmond jibe.

Fair enough! I can understand your comments from that perspective, and I do remember the comments you speak of.

I think we have a lot to be excited about by most of our reserves players. There is a lot of talent there that should translate to senior level. Especially the likes of Hannerbery, Currie, Smith and Laidlaw from todays game.

The likes of D O'Keefe, MOD and Brabazon need to have good seasons or they'll likely see themselves on the chopping board at the end of the season. The latter two have the application, but as Grim said may not have the skills required to play AFL level (particularly in an AFL environment where skill level is becoming increasingly important).

Daniel O'Keefe to me appears to have all the attributes of an AFL footballer in terms of skills level, it is merely his application. Fortunately for him application is far easier to ingrain in a player than kicking skills. I just think the kid needs to be reminded he has a limited window in order to make it at AFL level, and he should not wish to look back on his life and see a missed opportunity.

HA HA YAAAAAY

Yeah they are

SEXY SMITH
CRUSHING ON CURRIE
WE <3 OUR RESSIES
UNREAL ORREAL

We have some banners in the making
They shall involve:
Craig Bird
Ed Barlow
Jesse White
Kieren Jack
Nathan Gordon
Matty O

We are going 2 make them when we play geelong in around 7

No love for Pyke? He has such a cool name it would be any banner makers wet dream.

Mike Pyke is a Dyke
I like Pyke
You've been Pyked

??

You can't make such a sweeping statement and not provide examples.

Btw, keep slagging DOK, slags. I want to see if my theory is right.

Some individuals continue to criticise Dan O'Keefe and yet he continues to be named in the best players. Not only criticise but assert that he won't make it. That sounds very Richmond-like to me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Official results

Swans 5.2 9.7 15.12 16.15 111
Ainslie 2.3 4.3 11.3 17.6 108

SYDNEY SWANS
Goal Kickers: A. BUCHANAN 5, M. Laidlaw 3, D. Currie 2, T. GILCRHIST 2, M. O''LOUGHLIN, D. O''KEEFE, D. Hannebery, J. LEWIS
Best Players: A. BUCHANAN, D. Hannebery, D. O''KEEFE, D. Currie, N. Gordon, T. GILCRHIST
AINSLIE FOOTBALL CLUB
Goal Kickers: B. HUGHES 5, R. TUTT 2, P. NEIBERDING 2, A. MATHIS 2, J. Tutt, A. HARRIS, J. HOLMES, M. CROOK, E. STONE, J. PRATT
Best Players: R. TUOHEY, I. LAWLESS, B. HUGHES, R. TUTT, R. ANDREWS, M. GHOBRIAL

Some individuals continue to criticise Dan O'Keefe and yet he continues to be named in the best players. Not only criticise but assert that he won't make it. That sounds very Richmond-like to me!
Its got nothing to do with Richmond, he needs to step up or he will be off to SA to play with other duds like Phillips. In modern footy if you don't make it in 3 years you are gone, unless you are the former McHack who got more chances than most and now is a very very good AFL player.

Why can nobody comment on players without it being 'Richmond' like. Ridiculous. My comments were constructive. The kid can be named in best players all he likes for getting 20 touches, but if he does not do the basic things right he'll never make AFL level.

I don't know how long you've been around for, but McGlone and Spriggs were in the best every week for our reserves. The former never made his debut and Spriggs only played a few games and didn't have the skill level required.

Being in the 'best' players means nothing.

Its got nothing to do with Richmond, he needs to step up or he will be off to SA to play with other duds like Phillips. In modern footy if you don't make it in 3 years you are gone, unless you are the former McHack who got more chances than most and now is a very very good AFL player.

I agree with your Richmond comments, however not so much on your 3 years. I think if the player shows the right application, the Swans under Roos have shown the patience to stay with them. It is all about attitude and application.

Look at guys like Schmidt, Laidlaw, Thornton, Moore et al who have been on the list for a while, but were persevered with due to having the right application and attitude on the field. Whilst guys like Faulks and even Davis were eventually moved on, because their attitude and application were average.

I am very happy to see a young guy get 20-30 touches, but I want to see him to the hard stuff first and foremost. I certainly don't want to see his opponent running off with the ball with little or no regard for chasing him.

Most clubs now carn't afford to keep players on their lists for too long, maybe i should have termed it that way but these days 4 years would have to be the maximum without playing a senior game. Your comments about DOK were put very well and were similar to CAS and myselfs thoughts on his performance against Melbourne.

Most clubs now carn't afford to keep players on their lists for too long, maybe i should have termed it that way but these days 4 years would have to be the maximum without playing a senior game. Your comments about DOK were put very well and were similar to CAS and myselfs thoughts on his performance against Melbourne.

Good comments by yourself and CAS. In all honesty I did not get to see the full reserves match, and my comments weren't really about his direct footballing ability, but his application to it.

I did notice on RWO that a couple of the posters had DOK as in their top 6 players, so perhaps I missed some bits earlier.

O'Keefe played something like 7 games in two seasons. He is virtually starting off anew. With the struggles he's had with injury I'd have thought he might have your support seeing that he is a player in the team you support. You can't compare him with McGlone. He is far more skilled. He certainly kicks better than Spriggs. If he doesn't play well in the reserrves how do you judge him. Table manners?

Once again Bigswan I wasn't there and rely on the comments of others.

TheMase along with Grimlock is a person who's football knowledge I rate highly and respect his comments and therefore I give his opinions a lot of weight.

My issue is not with you having an opinion that differs but the implication that anyone who's opinion about our players that is critical makes us sound like Richmond or totally negative. My predictions on players have been right and they've been wrong, Like everyone.

Be strong and put your opinions forward and carry them with conviction rather than trying to humiliate those of others. Disagree with us, point out were wrong and when your opinions are right, that will be respected but too me right now you just attempt to degrade posters you disagree with instead of demonstrating the strength of your opinion.

FWIW: Reserves best lists from a club are not always accurate as certain players are stratigicly added to boost their confidence or left off to ask for more.

To put the point simply, it is too early to write off a player's career after less than ten games.

I am not writing off anybody. I really hope the kid makes it. I should quantify my comments as current impressions he won't. I am happy to be proven wrong, and have been before (McVeigh).

I am happy to admit when I am wrong, and if I will be in the future that is fine. I have no issues with this.

However, this has nothing to do with Richmond and 'eating their own'. Constructive criticism should be welcomed, provided it is constructive. I gave clear reasons as to why the current version of DOK will not make it, if he is to improve this side of his game then good luck to the kid. I want our players to be successful. I don't want us to have wasted draft picks....

Daniel o'keefe in best 3 weeks in a row and kicked two surely his gotta be given a call up soon whilst his in form and not injured espicially after a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back