Retirements..Who Is Next In 2005?

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthCrow said:
Martin Pike has just announced his retirement..but there must be more to come. Who from your club will pull the pin or be pushed ?

Wanganeen?

Hird?

Hart?

Rawlings?

Rocca S ?

Buckley?

hird has said he will play on,

i hope bolton does

• Banned
Funkyzeit mit Matt said:
i dont see buckley or hart retiring, nor rawlings who wants his $. i think sav will be asked back for 1 more year
Hart needs one more year for 300 and his legs are holding up.. but can or will the Crows let him hang on? Rawlings I saw a snippet in the paper saying he was crying over his injuries and may pull the pin. Buckley is an outside chance to retire depends if he wants to coach or do media. I think his analysis will put him in good company in either camps...is Eddie waiting till MMs contract runs out before announcing Buckleys retirement and coaching plans? Or will Bucks retire and sit in the coaches box knives ready :D

Pikes just gone - from foxsports
Pike forced into retirement
August 2, 2005

BRISBANE'S four-time premiership player Martin Pike has announced his retirement after almost 250 AFL games.

The 32-year-old, who helped to win three premierships with the Lions and one with North Melbourne, said today a chronic groin injury had forced his retirement.

Pike had been expected to quit at the end of the season but the injury problem brought his decision forward.

The South Australian product played 247 games with the Lions, the Kangaroos, Fitzroy and Melbourne in a sometimes colourful AFL career.

Pike said he feels fortunate to have had 13 seasons in the AFL and to have shared in four premierships.

AAP

I think Scott Burns will retire. Pretty sad, great player but looks like age has caught up with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tiger of old said:
Campbell,Stafford and perhaps Graham

Campbell will make a decision within the next week. Gut feeling he will retire.
Stafford should retired, too many injuries.
Graham won’t retire. Think he'll play on next year.

JUBJUB said:
From Geelong :

Sanderson [I'd say more than likely]
Slade [injuries have killed his career]
Riccardi [50/50 if he'll go on]
i would hope Ricco stays on, he has a fantastic pinch hitting role off the bench - and also can be used to teach the young midfield.

ExTasDeeMan said:
i would hope Ricco stays on, he has a fantastic pinch hitting role off the bench - and also can be used to teach the young midfield.
I have a lot of respect for Riccardi and the role he's playing these days has extended his career significantly I believe. Reckon he has another year left in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retirements..Who Is Next In 2005?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back