Rex Hunt's best nicknames

Remove this Banner Ad

And who can forget his famous "I-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-t-t-t-s-s-s-s O-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-v-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-r!" Cry?
Pure Gold.

Or the few times when Rex went to early in the game with "It's Over" only for to have the other side come back and win eg Bombers v Nth Melb in 2001

Rex would then say "It's Over" backwards , saying "Revosti" , I wonder if Rex knew that Revosti is actually "The Safe Word" in BDSM :eek: :rolleyes: :D

http://www.mybdsm.com/pages/device/dixie.html

Termination Safe Word: (or "safe phrase"):
A spoken word or phrase, agreed between user and Key Holder to be invoked by user for unequivocal and immediate belt removal for reasons the user considers imperative. The word is “REVOSTI.” This Safe Word does not become effective until the break in or training period has been completed BUT will render the agreement null and void. The exception is when the user feels his life or body is in danger!

Or the few times when Rex went to early in the game with "It's Over" only for to have the other side come back and win eg Bombers v Nth Melb in 2001
]

Actually C4E, Rex did NOT go early with "It's Over" in that game. He refused to pull the fat lady out all day. I have the DVD with the 3AW commentary and Rex adamantly refuses to believe that Essendon won't get back into the game. It is quite funny stuff. He does finally go with it when Essendon hit the front.

Would guess alot of users on this site have paid a woman for her services too, whats your point? Least he didn't do a Milne.

Its called marriage...:p

And what exactly did Milne do? I don't recall him ever being convicted!

Used to really enjoy listening to Rex when he was commentating with Sam and even a few years after that. I understand purists not liking the style because it was more entertainment than actual football commentary. He used to play that "HELLO" sound whenever the ball hit the post and yell out "it's a Wilbur Post job".

His conversations with "Eric", the fisherman with Cerebral Palsy that used to call into the fishing show very regularly, were pure gold.

A few other beauties were:

Horny Torny (Jason Torney)
The Hound (Nathan Bassett)
The Tank (Justin Sherman)
Billy Bob (Brett Thornton)
King Island O'Bree (Shane O'bree)
The Bail of Hay (Jonathon Hay)
Nice N Neitz (David Neitz)
Whelan the Wrecker (Matthew Whelan)
Heavy Overnight Dew (Stewie Dew)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoolio Delulio
The Cranium
I loved how he goes: "AND HE HAS KICKED A MAGNIFICENT................................behind"

3AW Football with Rex and Sam Newman was very good in the late 80's and 90's.
Only started to become annoying later, when the station started to do whole heaps of sound effects. I have not listened to him for the last 10 years.
I have only gone back to 3AW since he left.

Actually C4E, Rex did NOT go early with "It's Over" in that game. He refused to pull the fat lady out all day. I have the DVD with the 3AW commentary and Rex adamantly refuses to believe that Essendon won't get back into the game. It is quite funny stuff. He does finally go with it when Essendon hit the front.

Fair enough , Essendon were so dominant at that time I could understand why.

There was the odd game where he called the fat lady "it's over" just seconds after the opening bounce of the game , such was the gap between the teams , I remember Clinton Grybas saying at the time , when Rex did that saying "well we might as well all go home now"

Roy and Hg's always had better ones during the Festival of the Boot. :thumbsu:

I remember Roy and HG commentating on a Rugby League State of Origin, and the only player that I knew who they were talking about was Rodney Howe.......the former Melbourne Storm player that was suspended for 22 weeks or thereabouts for testing positive to steriods.

Roy and HG affectionately called him "Needles Howe"

To this day I still dont know who "the unmade bed" was........??

unmade bed was Ken mcgregor.

stan stafford - greg stafford

kissin cousins - ben cousins

fixterup - ben fixter

will never forget a guy calling up saying 'im corin rowe (former umpire) and id like to return my match payment after my performance tonight' after collingwood lost to north in 2005.

Anyone remember the old 3AW song? just found it

[youtube]2r8HvuFWOCA[/youtube]

footy in the 1990s was the best.

unmade bed was Ken mcgregor.

stan stafford - greg stafford

kissin cousins - ben cousins

fixterup - ben fixter

will never forget a guy calling up saying 'im corin rowe (former umpire) and id like to return my match payment after my performance tonight' after collingwood lost to north in 2005.

Anyone remember the old 3AW song? just found it

[youtube]2r8HvuFWOCA[/youtube]

footy in the 1990s was the best.
I grew up with it so I agree 1990's shats over what we get now...

"The Bowman" which became "The shotgun" or "the rifleman" - Mark Williams (of Haw/Ess fame)

Though it became a little silly when he still called him that after he put his shotgun away

Remove this Banner Ad

Rex Hunt's best nicknames

Remove this Banner Ad

Back