RFC board Supercoach/Dream Team Discussion and Question Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry if this has been asked before. Looked at the last 10 or so pages of this thread and couldn't find anything...

I'm thinking about N Brown. A few years ago he was the dominant player in dream team and seems to be fit for the first time in years. I watched him a couple of times in NAB cup and when he was running aroung up the ground he seemed to score really well, when playing forward he didn't do as much stats wise. Any thoughts on the role he will have this year? Do you think he could return to average near 100? Is he a risk because consistency could be a problem? Any thoughts appreciated.

Hey guys I have a dilema I dont know how to spell the work dilemma??

anyway.. I can either get Richo, N. Brown or Deledio all have had pretty good pre-seasons going by the numbers, Deledio is the younger one but that doesnt really count much when your talking about Richo and N. Brown is apparently back to his best.

Richo and Deledio can play in the midfield (at least are rated midfield/forwards) but Brown can also spend time in the middle. The inclusion of Cousins might put Brown closer to goals but the NAB cup numbers still sudgest that Brown can score big with Cousins ther anyway.

Its very confusing...

*EDIT* as far as SC scores go it seems Richo had trailed off towards the end of the season? mabye showing his age a little. Even so were talking the last 5 rounds of a 22 round season at which I might trade him out towards the end, its a good thing though because it means his price is lower at the start of this year than it could of been.

Hey guys I have a dilema I dont know how to spell the work dilemma??

anyway.. I can either get Richo, N. Brown or Deledio all have had pretty good pre-seasons going by the numbers, Deledio is the younger one but that doesnt really count much when your talking about Richo and N. Brown is apparently back to his best.

Richo and Deledio can play in the midfield (at least are rated midfield/forwards) but Brown can also spend time in the middle. The inclusion of Cousins might put Brown closer to goals but the NAB cup numbers still sudgest that Brown can score big with Cousins ther anyway.

Its very confusing...

*EDIT* as far as SC scores go it seems Richo had trailed off towards the end of the season? mabye showing his age a little. Even so were talking the last 5 rounds of a 22 round season at which I might trade him out towards the end, its a good thing though because it means his price is lower at the start of this year than it could of been.

Lids.

JK will probably be fighting for a spot with A Raines.

Raines looks to have found a bit of form preseason and will therefore get first crack at cementing a spot in the backline.

JK may struggle to get enough game time to be of any value.

Alright i've messed with my team enough that I can afford any forward in the comp.

I have Pav, deledio, D. Thomas, Higgins, Ziebell, and Krakouer.

Is Richo worth his price and is he going to have roughly the same impact as last year? He's getting on so it might be a bit of a risk this year.

Thanks on the JK advice too.

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has any inside knowledge of the machinations down at St.Kilda, apparently Goddard (round 3) is missing the first few rounds (i post this here for two reasons firstly to let any of you know there are queries over them and b if someone has any knowledge)

Tip for opposition and Richmond supporters:

I've had a long think about it and I've decided to get on Jack Riewoldt for the following reasons:

1. Hes cheap
  2. He will play 22 games
  3. He is our sole permanent KPF.
  4. I would be very suprised if he averages less than 75 as he will be our main marking target...in doing so he would go up about 100k.
  5. He will be one of the few KPF's not affected by the introduction of the zone, as he is an incredibly canny player who relies on smarts rather than strength or speed to get into position. In this way, he will be better equipped to handle opposition tactics than other lead up forwards.
  6. Cousins, Deledio, Foley, Brown and later on in the season Cotchin delivering him the ball lace out. Our best midfield setup in my lifetime.
  7. He is not short. He is taller than Nick. He is taller than Pav. He is taller than Fevola. The only reason he looks short is because he is abnormally good when the ball hits the deck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Jack. With all the rolling zones etc, Key forwards will struggle a lot more IMO. You think he won't suffer, he struggled against Collingwood. Jack will have his good games and score 75+, but his poor games will be around the 30-40 mark, you can't afford those scores from a starting 22 player, especially at his price.

hey guys whats the chances of Browne playing the whole season and how would u rate him as a DTer. slipped under the radar completly for me so have no idea..
atm have jesse white from sydney and spencer from melb on the pine in the rucks.. not planning to use either throughout the year so its basically whos going to play the most matches to increase in value.
cheers

I'd say you've got your bench settled mate Browne can only stay on our list until round 3 unless we make another successful LTI application.

Whats happening with Foley last night on the footy show they say he is injured? but still playing.

Also i would like for you guys to rate my Forward line...

Richardson, Harvey, Fevola, Pavlich, Hentschel, Sidebottom, Skipworth (Yarran, Ballantyne)

Sidebottom most likley won't play. yarran and ballantyne arn't playing so that's a zero in your forward line.

Foley rolled his ankle in the final hit against the Lions and didn't play in the second half. but it was only as a precaution. he's fine

Apparently Browne made better use of his size and contested marking against st.kilda and the Lions. Both of these aspects of the game Graham has trouble with. I think that's why Browne is playing.

Re: Jack. With all the rolling zones etc, Key forwards will struggle a lot more IMO. You think he won't suffer, he struggled against Collingwood. Jack will have his good games and score 75+, but his poor games will be around the 30-40 mark, you can't afford those scores from a starting 22 player, especially at his price.

So you're ruling him out after one pre-season NAB cup game. And he scored 50 anyway...if thats his worst effort as a young key forward I'd be happy. For me, he is going to be a long term cashcow because although guys like Skipworth may score slightly more and cost slightly less, they are not guaranteed more than a couple of games.

There really hasn't been much mention of Simmonds on this thread. I'm looking at him as a unique alternative to Hille and McIntosh in the 2nd ruck spot. Averaged over 90 in 2006, (more than Hille has ever averaged) and 2007 aside, is extremely durable, playing 22 games in almost every season. Because of his 22 games last year, he actually scored more total points than Hille. With Richmonds high point scoring style of play, along with their expected improvement this year, is there any reason why I shouldn't get him?

Its a bit of a last minute melt down for me

Remove this Banner Ad

RFC board Supercoach/Dream Team Discussion and Question Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back