Unsolved Rhianna Barreau - Adelaide schoolgirl disappearance

Remove this Banner Ad

haven't seen this posted on here , it's a 3 year old ABC News story.
mentions the witness with a conscience who saw the keys and car

Former Det SGT Allen Authur said there were 1600 reports by the 25th of November 92.
He suggests, the offender is closer than people believe, and the Body is buried closer than people believe.
Det Arthur, no doubt had a few PIO in mind!

Yeah feel like it was opportunistic neighbor knew she was home alone. watching her through that park across from her house etc

Knocked on the door and she went out to talk to him/her.
I do agree, it could have been a knock on the door.

Although there is a slim chance, she was snatched from the street. A similar MO to the Bung Siriboon disappearance.

In some of what Allen says, he try's to Bait the Killer. He mentions a key date that is important to the offender (25th November).

Or it could be the date on which a property was bought in the surrounding streets after the killer went looking at premises leading up to and on the day of the abduction/ killing which created the opportunity

Or it could be the date on which a property was bought in the surrounding streets after the killer went looking at premises leading up to and on the day of the abduction/ killing which created the opportunity
I think you are on to something there. He could have just said, by December we had 1600 calls. I didn't pick it up at first. Initially, I only saw the printed version of the article. the Video has a lot more detail including the key dates.

campaigner got away with murder pre-smart phone days.

Just like Samantha Murphy's murderer would of if it was a few decades earlier.

This case has had me intrigued for years. I went to high school with her cousin, kinda hit close to home, so have followed it for many years.
I have seen many videos and listened to many podcasts, and am quite surprised there are no interviews with family, friends and neighbours.

I understand the parents no longer want to have any participation in any interviews (which is completely understandable) but there are a few people I would love to hear from and see an interview with. Her best friend, friends from school, neighbours (especially the housemate) but the person I would love to hear most from is the brother, I would love to hear what he went through, rumours he's heard, what lengths he went to to find answers.

As if that was me, I would move heaven and earth to find information about my missing sister, I would be out there rattling as many cages as possible to find answers, so it would be great to hear his experiences and knowledge of this case.

Thanks people, I've found this thread very informative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to believe its been 32 years tomorrow since Rhianna Barreau vanished without trace, so sad for her family and friends.
One thing I was curious about in this case - were age progressed photos of Rhianna ever generated and released at any stage to show what she might look like at an older age - in the (sadly unlikely) event that she may still be alive today or was living for some time after her disappreance?

I've seen this done with Madeline McCann - aged to a primary school aged girl, a pre-teen, a teenager and now a young woman - and with William Tyrell who would now be a teenager of 14 if still living today. It was also true of other high profile cases like the Beaumont Children, Eloise Worledge and the Springfield Three. But not for Rhianna, at least from what I could gather.

This year Crime stoppers Remembered Rhianna in a post on FB- October 8

CASE PROFILE
Teenager Rhianna Barreau went missing from her home address at Wakefield Avenue, Morphett Vale on Wednesday, 7 October 1992.
The 12-year old lived at home with her mother and brother, who were both not at home at the time of her disappearance.
On that day Rhianna decided to visit the nearby Southgate Shopping Centre at Reynella to purchase a Christmas card for her American pen pal. Because there was a bus strike that day, she walked.

After her mother left for work, it appears Rhianna remained at home until mid-morning. There was a positive sighting of her at 10.30am walking towards the Reynella newsagency.
The last known sighting of her was at 12.30pm on Highway Drive, between the Morphett Vale High School and the Stanvac Primary School.

It is believed that Rhianna returned home because the card she purchased was found on a dining room table — although precisely what time and what then occurred remains a mystery.
She is suspected to have been murdered.

While there are several persons of interest who are believed to have information concerning Rhianna’s disappearance, there is no definitive suspect.

A reward of up to $1,000,000 remains on offer to anyone who either provides information leading to the recovery of her remains or information leading to a conviction in the case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime stoppers

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved Rhianna Barreau - Adelaide schoolgirl disappearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back