Rhyce Shaw announces retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

He is exactly what I love about the Swans.
Hard working in order to gain success. He has now given himself the opportunity to further his life in football, such has been the commitment he has shown to being a good club man & leader for others to follow.

I have no doubt he will coach, if not our club in some capacity, then definitely at another club.

Well done Rhyce!
Still a few more games left for you to make an impact though.

He is exactly what I love about the Swans.
Hard working in order to gain success. He has now given himself the opportunity to further his life in football, such has been the commitment he has shown to being a good club man & leader for others to follow.

I have no doubt he will coach, if not our club in some capacity, then definitely at another club.

Well done Rhyce!
Still a few more games left for you to make an impact though.

I think he would be a great Welfare manager at a club.

Inspired pick up from Collingwood when they didn't see him as a Premiership player in what they saw as their next go at it after 2002 and 2003 but then

CMzu9nAUwAALpfa.jpg:large

A Premiership Player and a great leader for us. Sure we all thought he was past it in 2013 when he did his knee, but he came back to get us to the Grand Final last year where we all thought he would then retire but he played on another season. Then we all thought that was a mistake a few months ago and were calling for him to be dropped, but he battled through that slump in form and is as good as ever.

Lesson from his career I guess is never write him off because #nekminnit

Yes just as it has been again this year with the usual Shaw's cooked posts, Out Shaw not best 22 and Shaw should be replaced by Zak Jones Blah Blah Blah !!!!! And now the accolades !!!! Give us a spell of all of you that have continuously potted him on here this year. Just as an aside even though he Shaw is retiring Zak Jones is nowhere near ready to supply the input that Shaw currently does.

Btw not aimed at you here.

Yes just as it has been again this year with the usual Shaw's cooked posts, Out Shaw not best 22 and Shaw should be replaced by Zak Jones Blah Blah Blah !!!!! And now the accolades !!!! Give us a spell of all of you that have continuously potted him on here this year. Just as an aside even though he Shaw is retiring Zak Jones is nowhere near ready to supply the input that Shaw currently does.

There is no problem with that, the pot shots were well earned at the time and early this year he played like he was cooked.

Proving a lot of us wrong just speaks volumes to the resilience of the bloke and he should be respected for that. He has done great things at this club and before you even consider anything on the field, he really seems to be much loved and respected around the club particularly by the playing group. This club helped turn him around and he is a credit to our culture.

I really hope we keep him at the club in some capacity, the welfare officer call is a good one. I hope we can send him out in the fashion he deserves, a great Swans performance in a final.

There wont be anyone quiet like him again I suspect...

Congratulations on a wonderful career Shawry. Have to admit that I doubted whether it was a good decision for him to go on this year, and it wasn't looking great for a while there but to bounce back and get back to playing good footy recently has been a testament to his character and resilience.

Oh thank f***! No, just kidding, he's been a brilliant servant of the club and imo, his form has picked up in recent weeks. I'm hoping we can send him out with a big bang because it's guys like him, those that are leaders and extremely well respected who announce their retirements that can inspire a club into reaching new heights. It hasn't been a great season but it's been a good season, we're on the cusp of top 4, we've beaten Hawthorn earlier in the year, a flying Adelaide recently, McGuire's a fat f*** (oops, how'd that get in there) and we've been written off...PERFECT! Let's piss the the league off even more by winning the flag for Shawy, the man who quite often thumbed his nose at the *McGuire run AFL!

Without going overboard, a brilliant career with the Swans IMO.

Great organizer, which may help him transition into a succesful coaching career.

Wishing you the best Rhyce Shaw.

And there's nothing wrong with Botany. Unless you live next to the Kellogs factory.

Wasn't great for a lot of this season but has been playing much better in the last month. Been a wonderful servant though, great pick up...was absolutely crucial component of the back 6 in the premiership year. He's highly thought of inside the walls and is very good with the younger players by all reports, would happily see him land a development role in the club if that's something he's interested in (maybe NEAFL coach?)...someone who should definetely remain on in some capacity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said.

Supporting the Swans is a long term thing.
I hate seeing posters here tee off on our players now and again then saying "it's my opinion, I have a right" etc.
I've always liked that our fans are a little bit classier than these Melbourne freaks who eat their own at every opportunity.

Good guts, Rhys. Swans premiership player. Love how you go about it.

Great player and clubman. Playing some of his best footy and going out on a high. Well done Rhyce. Keep sticking it to the doubters.

Could see him as a defensive coach, possibly even senior coach one day. Wish him best of luck.

What a load of crap, he was god awful to start the year, been good of late, but if anything people coming on here to thank him for his stellar efforts in spite of calling for his head is a good thing,

I thought he went a year too long but everything he did was fantastic overall for this club and ill always appreciate it

What a load of crap, he was god awful to start the year, been good of late, but if anything people coming on here to thank him for his stellar efforts in spite of calling for his head is a good thing,

I thought he went a year too long but everything he did was fantastic overall for this club and ill always appreciate it

Won't argue with you there as your pretty well versed in the subject mate. Keep posting though as your star is rising and you might yet have the cult following of your favourite female poster.

Congrats on an outstanding career Rhyce. Couldn't imagine ever having a bigger change of opinion on a player than what I've had on him. Great clubman, great player and I hope he sticks around the club as he's obviously been the heart and soul there for quite a while. You'll be missed mate.

Sad way to go out but gave his heart for the club. Slow start to the year but really gave it his all in the end. Fantastic servant of the club.

Nek minute!

Pretty sure he's not a Subscriber to Big Footy but well done Shawy...one of my favourites! Be good to see him in the coaches box one day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhyce Shaw announces retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back