Rhys Palmer Just Missed From 10m Out!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on this stats thing, does the disposal efficiency take into account the handball efficiency? If so, then finding the kicking efficiency only would be better..as we all know handballs are more likely to hit the target and thus if a player handballs more than he kicks, the disposal efficiency would favor him.

Purpleblood29, I am sure you can find those stats.;)

On effective kicks . . . you can probably play the Rhys Palmer effective kicking game at home or at Subiaco, using the following:

Effective short kicks are less than 40 metres that result in uncontested possession to a teammate. The computer also adds four rankings points for these.

Ineffective kicks occur most often where players kick short to a contest and the computer ignores these by giving a zero rankings value
An effective long kick has to travel more than 40 metres to a 50/50 contested or better for the team. The computer adds four rankings points for each effective long kick.

Effective as judged by Champion Data anyway.

Just on this stats thing, does the disposal efficiency take into account the handball efficiency? If so, then finding the kicking efficiency only would be better..as we all know handballs are more likely to hit the target and thus if a player handballs more than he kicks, the disposal efficiency would favor him.

Purpleblood29, I am sure you can find those stats.;)
Im out of luck there....:mad:

And Hodgepodge, just on the effective disposal debate, you keep saying that Palmers effective disposals could put his teammate under pressure and they might be helicopter kicks. Well maybe, but im sure what is measured as an effective diposal would be far more beneficial to the team than what is measured as an inneffective disposal. So 25 percent of Palmers disposal are ineffective thats not the end of the world, but if 44 percent a players disposals are innefective, i wouldnt like that. And that figure is of course is Rioli's stat...

And Hodgepodge, just on the effective disposal debate, you keep saying that Palmers effective disposals could put his teammate under pressure and they might be helicopter kicks. Well maybe, but im sure what is measured as an effective diposal would be far more beneficial to the team than what is measured as an inneffective disposal. So 25 percent of Palmers disposal are ineffective thats not the end of the world, but if 44 percent a players disposals are innefective, i wouldnt like that. And that figure is of course is Rioli's stat...

I don't remember saying anything on Palmer's effective or ineffective disposals.

From my memory from reading the book 'The Draft' I am pretty sure they where highly considering getting Palmer with their 3rd pick...

Love your signature by the way.

"Palmer to Pavlich, next 5 years :D"

God Pav must be dreading that statement on 2 counts. First off imagine leading to the ball and having Palmer trying to spot you on the chest.... Pav would be lucky to kick 20 in a season..... and secondly I don't think even Pav at the tender age of 28 this year could handle playing until he is 33 for that rabble :D :D :D

Poor old Pav.... where did all the years go... horrible waste of talent to have never played an entire career and only won 1 final.

I don't suppose anyone happens to have the footage of Rhys Palmer hitting the post from 10m out do they? I have been trying to catch it all week... but just like footage of Palmer kicking a goal it's been very hard to find. :D

I don't suppose anyone happens to have the footage of Rhys Palmer hitting the post from 10m out do they? I have been trying to catch it all week... but just like footage of Palmer kicking a goal it's been very hard to find. :D

You're right it's up there, in the scarcity stakes, with footage of Masten getting a kick. :D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...just on the effective disposal debate...im sure what is measured as an effective diposal would be far more beneficial to the team than what is measured as an inneffective disposal. So 25 percent of Palmers disposal are ineffective thats not the end of the world, but if 44 percent a players disposals are innefective, i wouldnt like that. And that figure is of course is Rioli's stat...

I asked this question in another thread, although no-one was game enough to provide much in the way of an answer. Perhaps you will?

Here:
So, if I am reading this correctly.....

Player A gets the ball on the half back flank, and kicks 25m backwards/sideways to an unmarked team-mate. Team-mate marks the ball, but has no options upfield. Play is held up.

Player B kicks the ball 50m into the forward line, which lands on the ground. The forward is put into an advantageous position by this kick, and is able to swoop on the ball and kick the goal.

Player A = 100% effective
Player B = 0% effective

Is that how these stats work, that you guys keep harping on?

From my memory from reading the book 'The Draft' I am pretty sure they where highly considering getting Palmer with their 3rd pick...
Palmer would be excellent for Carlton, Send him into the packs to do Richard Hadleys job, Feed it out to Juddy, Gibbs and Stevo (although if we had of drafted Palmer we wouldnt have Judd) The problem is Freo are using them as their main midfielder similair to how the Eagles use Kerr. Only difference is one can kick

Rhys Palmer has officially taken over the mantle of worst disposal, by hand and foot, in the AFL from Chad Fletcher.

Geez he is terrible, at times you could be forgiven for thinking he was kicking to the leading backman from the opposition. :thumbsu:

Nice OOF from directly in front 15 meters out. Hahaha!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhys Palmer Just Missed From 10m Out!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back