Ricciuto says there is no leadership at the crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand finals are meant to be close. Second best teams don't lose grand finals by 20 goals.

2009 - Geelong by 12 points (23 scoring shots v 20 scoring shots)
2008 - Hawthorn by 26 points (34 scoring shots v 26 scoring shots)
2006 - West Coast by 1 point (25 scoring shots v 24 scoring shots)
2005 - Sydney by 4 points (18 scoring shots to 17 scoring shots)

2007 - Geelong by 119 points (43 scoring shots v 14 scoring shots)

Pick the odd one out.

That's a great stat. To be fair though, we need to go back to when Poort Power entered the competition to get an accurate reflection of how shit their 119 debarcle ranks in AFL Grand Finals.

Scoring shot differentials in AFL Grand Finals (since Poort Power entered):

2007 Poort Power v Geelong.....29
2000 Essendon v Melbourne......20
2001 Essendon v Brisbane........11
2003 Collingwood v Brisbane.....10
2008 Geelong v Hawthorn.........9
2004 Poort Power v Brisbane.....5
2002 Brisbane v Collingwood......4
2009 Geelong v St Kilda............3
1997 St Kilda v Adelaide............1
2005 West Coast v Sydney........1
1999 North Melb v Carlton.........0
1998 North Melb v Adelaide........0
2006 West Coast v Sydney........0

I can't believe Poort Power supporters still hang their hat on one of the most embarrassing displays of football ever witnessed on the grandest stage :rolleyes:.

I can't believe Poort Power supporters still hang their hat on one of the most embarrassing displays of football ever witnessed on the grandest stage :rolleyes:.

I can't believe cows supporters still hang their hat on a final they were not good enough to reach!! I suppose with mumbles as coach you have to look far and wide for any kind of football related enjoyment, play on:thumbsu:

I can't believe cows supporters still hang their hat on a final they were not good enough to reach!! I suppose with mumbles as coach you have to look far and wide for any kind of football related enjoyment, play on:thumbsu:

Are you content with making the grand final? Or do you wish it never happened?

I'm not hanging my hat on on that final. I'm merely pointing out that when Poort Power supporters hang their hat on making the final and what a great accomplishment that was - they are embarrassing themselves.

119 has just become a number to most, however if you take the time to stand back and look at it objectively, it really is one of the most embarrassing things ever to happen on a Grand Final footy field. To try and say otherwise is just plain delusional.

That's the difference between PAFC and port power football club.PAFC used to win flag after flag but that's one part of the creed port power football club just can't get a grip of

If, with the benefit of hindsight and the torment your club has endured, you still think 119 was great for the club, Jumbo....I don't know what to say!

As for enjoyment ....
Sitting at a GF , paying megabucks to get there, watching my team be absolutely humiliated, flying/driving home with that still going round in my head...fronting at Alberton the next day ...only to be charged $10 when I should have had all my costs and expenses refunded.... nah.. would have driven me to seek pharmacological assistance ....:D

But hey...I believe some people enjoy humiliation ..each to their own I guess.

I'm not hanging my hat on on that final. I'm merely pointing out that when Poort Power supporters hang their hat on making the final and what a great accomplishment that was - they are embarrassing themselves.

119 has just become a number to most, however if you take the time to stand back and look at it objectively, it really is one of the most embarrassing things ever to happen on a Grand Final footy field. To try and say otherwise is just plain delusional.

Liar, yes you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has became somewhat of a rabbit season/duck seaon type of arguement on Big Footy but as I said, at least it gives you crowies something to feel good about whilst agonising over mumbles' meagre performances!

If, with the benefit of hindsight and the torment your club has endured, you still think 119 was great for the club, Jumbo....I don't know what to say!

:eek:
When did i say that???????????????????????????????

I can't believe cows supporters still hang their hat on a final they were not good enough to reach!!

carries the clear implication that you believe making a GF is the be all and end all.....

except when you lose it I guess.

carries the clear implication that you believe making a GF is the be all and end all.....

except when you lose it I guess.

carries clear implication that Port were a better side that the crowies:confused:

carries clear implication that Port were a better side that the crowies:confused:

So THAT'S all that matters is it ...as long as you are better than Adelaide?
OK Jumbo

Succinctly, as is your want to do,

Do you wish you had NEVER made that GF knowing what you know now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So THAT'S all that matters is it ...as long as you are better than Adelaide?
OK Jumbo

Succinctly, as is your want to do,

Do you wish you had NEVER made that GF knowing what you know now?

In hindsight I wouldn't change a thing (I would wish for a better performance tho:eek:).
In reality we had a great run upto the GF which was a blast in itself and when you step away from BF and speak with co-workers, friends and the public at large 'that final' doesn't get a mention. It's usually select BF posters that have nothing else to hang their hats on that keep bringing it up which is generally more of a reflection of their own clubs fortunes than ours.

Most have well and truly moved on:thumbsu:

119 aside the funny part of 2007 is when port power supporters say if Collingwood had beaten Geelong we would have won the flag

I just read the first page of this thread and was pleasantly surprised to see some good honest debate about the Crows lack of leadership. A few Port posters had some good points all of which I agreed with. Well done pk and TP and the crows posters on that page, apart from the usaual brain fart from D_one it was a good read.

For the record I think the Crows leadershp is crap, VB struggles to be in the best 22 let alone captain and the transitioning of Roo, Goody, Macca and Edwards out of the team has been a debarcle. I shudder to think what is going to happen next year.

I also think Cassisi has grown into the captaincy role and does lead Port well, he is not a flashy player but gets the job done and was a much better choice the SBurgoyne (yet another reason Choco was finished).

Then I flick through to page 6 and guess what we are talking about 119 again. Its like the 6 degrees of seperation, every thread leads to 119 in 6 pages or less. Well done Port for providing us with a day that will never be forgotten ever.

Then I flick through to page 6 and guess what we are talking about 119 again. Its like the 6 degrees of seperation, every thread leads to 119 in 6 pages or less. Well done Port for providing us with a day that will never be forgotten ever.

I tender exhibit No. 349865109

False indignation matey!......

In hindsight I wouldn't change a thing (I would wish for a better performance tho:eek:).

I said succinctly ... this is your first answer over one line , on the one topic a yes or no was required.
And there we have it , folks.

Yes, 119 was great ..no...despite the ignomy of defeat and pyschological scarring, years bereft of success, the Port supporter on these boards I consider most likely to succeed as an a real human being, WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING!:D

Simple yes/no Subie, are you happy that Blighty was coach of the crowies?

Your love of blighty "carries the clear implication" that you couldn't wait to see the ass end of modra:p

Either end was more than pleasing !!!
Oh , I see.. tangents

Weighing up the loss of Mods and the 2 flags, as much as Modra meant to the club and the fans, the right decisions were made. Not the decisions I like, but obviously the best interests of the club came first with Blight. Re-signing a coach that destroyed your club is not in the best interests of that club I wouldn't have thought.

Now, along those lines then ...you were happy to see the end of any sliver of respect your club had from the 119 then?:D
The back of Burgoyne, Dew and Stevens ????
Oh and BTW ...Saints would have won at least one flag with Blight ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricciuto says there is no leadership at the crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back