Richard Hadley

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 2, 2005
Merbz
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Here is one for the Brisbane fan. I was just wondering what the current contract status is with Richard Hadley? There were whispers during trade week that he may be looking for a move, or the club wanted to move him on (can't remember which). So if he still is considering it, I would welcome him into the Bombers squad. I certainly rate him as a player.

*Just looking for his contract status so don't really need Carlton fans jumping in with "Well we would get him with our pick 1 anyway!"

He would only return to WA anyway.

Why on earth would he leave Brissie to go to some crappy Melb club when he can walk into a strong premiership unit like WC (and lesser extent Freo).

David_Brent said:

Why on earth would he leave Brissie to go to some crappy Melb club when he can walk into a strong premiership unit like WC (and lesser extent Freo).

Not sure what say he has on that.:confused:

I think the issue is that he was only offered a one year deal. There wasn't a lot of reports of him wanting to move merely being unhappy with the length of contract. Coming off two lost seasons with knee injuries the Lions were not keen to tie themselves in for an extended period. He is still unsigned as far as I am aware.

David_Brent said:

Big, big call. Not many players can "walk into" a premiership side. I don't know that a) he is yet regarded as an elite player or that b) either WA side has shown that much interest in him, given that in spite of some feelers he put out during trade week no action followed.

The Flying Belgian said:
Was at trianing today, not that means a hell of a lot. If you listened to media reports we'd have lost half our side. Won't be going anywhere...

I hope he stays. He was looking like having a fantastic 2005 before he broke down with his first knee.

Gun young player, I really hope he makes it back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Richard Hadley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back