Trade Requested Joe Richards - “I want the Power!”

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone sell me on Richards, 9 games @ 10 disposals??

Those are Quinton Narkle stats.
Take out the game he was injured with 38% game time and the other one where he was subbed on with 3 minutes to go and he averages closer to 14 touches a game. If you saw him play and focused on him he looks the goods. He was also probably subbed out late in another game or two (I can't remember)
In his best games 3 he was picking up close to 20 touches (22, 19 and 18) and over a goal in each. He also was averaging 2 goal assists in those 3.
His kicking on both sides looks good, he has pace to burn and he looks like he knows how to sneak a goal not to mention his good disposal sets up a few as well.
His one negative would be small size but that's not necessarily a bad thing in a small forward.

Have watched him a couple of times this year - nice pickup for Port, certainly an upgrade over Evans / Narkle / McEntee IMO.

Got pace, talent and smarts and with regular opportunity should do well. Adds another layer of intrigue to the Houston trade too.

Are the Power just trading for the sake of trading?
They have a particular set of list issues, to which Joe doesn't address any of them.
They lack decent small forwards and Richards will slot straight in there.

Whilst I rate Richards (in his short sample size), small forwards Collingwood have quite a few.

They lack decent small forwards and Richards will slot straight in there.

Whilst I rate Richards (in his short sample size), small forwards Collingwood have quite a few.

This. If Elliot, Schultz, Hill, are all on the field, as well as all those guys like Hoskin Elliot, De Goey, Daicos X2, and even Lipinski, Richards won't be getting a game. All these people can play forward positions.

Ballpark trades in the past:

Jeremy Finlayson - Future 3rd
Patrick Lapinski - 43
Ben Long +F4 - 32
Toby Bedford - 44
Billy Frampton - F3
Tyler Brockman - 44+63
Jordan Sweet - Pick 50

Timing on this with the Pies confirming they are after Houston seems too much of a coincidence.

No doubt Port and the Pies are in discussions on what a trade would look like and Richards would be a great get for Port.

Don't be surprised if this is involved in a potential Houston trade. Richards has the potential to be a great player, so composed for a bloke so new to AFL level footy.

Timing on this with the Pies confirming they are after Houston seems too much of a coincidence.

No doubt Port and the Pies are in discussions on what a trade would look like and Richards would be a great get for Port.

Don't be surprised if this is involved in a potential Houston trade. Richards has the potential to be a great player, so composed for a bloke so new to AFL level footy.
Could be involved for sure, but would have to be the steakiest of steak knives in the deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Joe Richards - “I want the Power!”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back