Richard Tambling?

Remove this Banner Ad

No skin off my arse boys. A fit Tambling is a lot better than BigFooty groupthink would have it. That's why nine clubs want him. A zillion times better than Peake, that's for sure.
A Zillion? (spoken with Maxwell Smart accent ).

So why dont Richmond want him Mr Salesman.

No skin off my arse boys. A fit Tambling is a lot better than BigFooty groupthink would have it. That's why nine clubs want him. A zillion times better than Peake, that's for sure.

Drawing a long bow there son. Tambling would be lucky to be zillion times better than a newborn infant. He is a terrible footballer.

Would you believe, a million?

How about three angry boy scouts?:D

Richmond will be happy to keep him if we don't get a deal we want. That's why we signed him up for two more years only a few months ago. Personally I rate him. He was brilliant last year, so much so that there were articles saying he'd gone past Ryan Griffen, and he had steadily improved every season he'd been in the system. I would rather keep him and hope he gets fit and back to that form, but if he's to go, I wouldn't accept anything less than a top-25 pick, and neither will RFC. It's just the Franklin thing that makes people think he's shit. He's not. The kid can play. Quick, very good skills.

I dont understand this Tambling hate throughout the football community.

Elite junior who has taken a while to develop. At 24 is coming well into his prime. Has pace (which we desperately need) and would be a great outside player in a top 4 side (which we are).

It is a lot harder being an outside player in a bottom side than a top side.

Pick 24... would trade for Tambling in a heartbeat!

He was brilliant last year, so much so that there were articles saying he'd gone past Ryan Griffen, and he had steadily improved every season he'd been in the system.

Agreed, had a brilliant 2009. Wasn't as great under Hardwick, but still has potential to be a very good AFL player. At StKilda he could become a BIG time player

Would you believe, a million?

How about three angry boy scouts?:D

Richmond will be happy to keep him if we don't get a deal we want. That's why we signed him up for two more years only a few months ago. Personally I rate him. He was brilliant last year, so much so that there were articles saying he'd gone past Ryan Griffen, and he had steadily improved every season he'd been in the system. I would rather keep him and hope he gets fit and back to that form, but if he's to go, I wouldn't accept anything less than a top-25 pick, and neither will RFC. It's just the Franklin thing that makes people think he's shit. He's not. The kid can play. Quick, very good skills.

Incorrect. Looked to have turned the corner in 2009, but this year he went backwards.

What we need is obviously pace, and Tambling has that in loads. The only thing is I'd maybe try and offer Richmond a 2nd Round Pick and a player, some scrub and then use our 1st Round Pick on Daniel Kerr. Surely with the injury problems Kerr has had over the years West Coast would be willing to let him go for a fraction of what he would have been worth 2-3 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What we need is obviously pace, and Tambling has that in loads. The only thing is I'd maybe try and offer Richmond a 2nd Round Pick and a player, some scrub and then use our 1st Round Pick on Daniel Kerr. Surely with the injury problems Kerr has had over the years West Coast would be willing to let him go for a fraction of what he would have been worth 2-3 years ago.

Personally I dont think it was pace that cost us the GF.
Our players don't have skills at the same level as Collingwood.

Dunno why we are still debating this one.

From Ross' comments we are not going to be aggressive, have no salary cap to play with, and are targeting the U/18 crop.

Whilst there is still potential to pick off a trade with a later pick, I can't see us anywhere near the mix for Tambling.

Dunno why we are still debating this one.

From Ross' comments we are not going to be aggressive, have no salary cap to play with, and are targeting the U/18 crop.

Whilst there is still potential to pick off a trade with a later pick, I can't see us anywhere near the mix for Tambling.

If that's the case, kiss our premiership hopes goodbye.

If that's the case, kiss our premiership hopes goodbye.

I have a different take.

Recent comments from Lyon (and I'm reading heavily between the lines) indicate that - on reflection - we may have erred in not trusting our young tyros enough during the year. I hope he no longer subscribes to the "4 year apprenticeship"!

If Gram has a groin injury and cannot be a ball carrier or kick more than 40m then he should not play. Those are his strengths and the club should let him rest (or miss out) and back the rest of the squad.

The theory that it's better to make almost no changes to the 22 during the year (so everyone becomes completely familiar with the game plan and each others strengths/weaknesses) can come back to bite:
- younger players get shitty about the lack of opportunity.
- some players need a few games to adjust to the tempo.
- guys have one role in the VFL and a completely different one in the AFL.
- if we have injuries, the introduction of other players becomes all the more difficult.
- we become predictable to other teams.

Lynch (1 game), Armo (9), Rhys (7), Jack (8), Heyne (3), Miles (2), Smith (0). They are better than that, and the club needs to show some belief.

tambling>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>eddy

I honestly dont know how he gets a game, he is borderline useless.

You the same poor excuse of a poster who wrote:

i Honestly don't understand how people are still blowing Tambling's trumpet, 1/2 a good season out of 5 seasons..........

For me, Tambling isnt in our best 22

or maybe:

Tambling should be shot, it all started when the ****ing useless ****wit of a footballer handballed straight to an Adelaide player costing us a goal.

**** I hope he he is traded at seasons end.

?

Yeah, there's been a bunch of new signings this year which were after Ball left, Lovett was sacked, and in the knowledge that this was King's last year (also Lenny going onto the veteran's list, although this was also a known).

Remove this Banner Ad

Richard Tambling?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back