Richardson or Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

chrisjie

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
FIRST OFF - I want both at the club next year. This is only a hypothetical.

I'll take Cousins every single day of the week. He makes everyone around him better on and off the field. Natural born leader. Team mates would die for him and strive to emulate everything he does.

Both

Both are our best leaders on and off the field

Besides Richo is on the vets list so he doesn't take a spot on the senior list plus Johnson, McMohan, Pettifer, King, Schultz, JON, Brown, Simmonds, Hughes and Bowden will all be on the chopping bloke before either of these two

When they came out after half time you should have seen cousins get them in the huddle and scream at them. I got some great photo's of him getting in there and leading the team. I've never seen anything like it from our true leaders so there is no way you could get rid of cuz.

Walls claims that Bowdens ommission was dissapointing and yet feels we need to get rid of Cousins at the end of the year.

He should be eternally gratefull for the premiership Carlton bought him in 1987.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listening to a few in the media reckon alot of them are changing their thoughts on Cousins(in terms of playing on) and believe he probably stays which will help him come years end , only injury will mean he goes i think and dont see the point in taking him for one year anyway.

With Richo its going to be his decision i believe.
Thought he would play for sure next year , but listening to him now i reckon he might walk away at years end.
Personally believe Cousins and Richo should both stay.

The problem is McMahon , King etc have contracts that could force one or both of them out. As a new coach will look to move at least 6-7 players on.

Keep both and let all the other over 30s go.
Big mistake if we just got rid evrebody over 30. They need to get cousins signed for the next 2 years. If he has a good 2nd half of the year he could have a couple of clubs knocking at his door. We need to sign him. Richo will play again next year and so he should. And N Brown is still a class player and has been troubled with a groin injury. J. Bowden i think his time is up anyone can play a loose man acroos the back half. T Simmonds unfortunatly never really came back from that clot he had his time is up.

The over 30 club B cousins, M Richo and N Brown...Our players turning 30 are 0...

The over 30 club at st.kilda and geelong is T Harley,D.Milburn, with B.Ottens C.Mooney and M. Scarlett all turning 30...

at St kilda M Hudgeton,S King with turning 30 M Gardnier,L Hayes,S Milne..

when you look at that i would rate our over 30s better than geelong and St.kilda but hey i might be a bit one eyed..And you also need these guys for the younger players imagine being 18-19 yo and your playing with Cuz,Richo and browny you cant tell me they wouldnt benefit from that...:rolleyes:

FIRST OFF - I want both at the club next year. This is only a hypothetical.

I'll take Cousins every single day of the week. He makes everyone around him better on and off the field. Natural born leader. Team mates would die for him and strive to emulate everything he does.

why on earth would there be a situation that would have us choosing between Richo and Cuzz...fail to see the rationale behind this one....ea case needs to be judged on its OWN merits. The only circumstances there would be a choice bw these two if in fact they were both 34, both kicked 800 goals both 6"5 and both played in exactly the same position...then under a youth driven mandate , good sense would suggest a choice be made. Reality is they both play different roles in the side.

hypothetical alright:confused:

why on earth would there be a situation that would have us choosing between Richo and Cuzz...fail to see the rationale behind this one....ea case needs to be judged on its OWN merits. The only circumstances there would be a choice bw these two if in fact they were both 34, both kicked 800 goals both 6"5 and both played in exactly the same position...then under a youth driven mandate , good sense would suggest a choice be made. Reality is they both play different roles in the side.

hypothetical alright:confused:

I think the point of the question is - which do you feel is more valuable to the club? Not that it will actually happen.

Big mistake if we just got rid evrebody over 30. They need to get cousins signed for the next 2 years. If he has a good 2nd half of the year he could have a couple of clubs knocking at his door. We need to sign him. Richo will play again next year and so he should. And N Brown is still a class player and has been troubled with a groin injury. J. Bowden i think his time is up anyone can play a loose man acroos the back half. T Simmonds unfortunatly never really came back from that clot he had his time is up.

The over 30 club B cousins, M Richo and N Brown...Our players turning 30 are 0...

The over 30 club at st.kilda and geelong is T Harley,D.Milburn, with B.Ottens C.Mooney and M. Scarlett all turning 30...

at St kilda M Hudgeton,S King with turning 30 M Gardnier,L Hayes,S Milne..

when you look at that i would rate our over 30s better than geelong and St.kilda but hey i might be a bit one eyed..And you also need these guys for the younger players imagine being 18-19 yo and your playing with Cuz,Richo and browny you cant tell me they wouldnt benefit from that...:rolleyes:

That's exactly who I would keep on the list next year..
There is too much deadwood that needs to be chopped before these guys, so I can see them staying on for one more year.

I think its only possible to change the list by about 8-10 players. So you have the 3 over 30's out. And then 5-7 delist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richardson or Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back