Richmond 2017-20 v Hawthorn 2012-15

Which side was stronger and had the better period of dominance?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This has all been done to death in other threads.
Then what's the point of this thread then?

If you don't want to talk about it then stop replying, that would be the most rational thing to do one would think.

Hawthorn comfortably for me. Richmond were an amazing side but I feel like those 3 flags came off the back of one players brilliance. Hawthorn lost their best player (Buddy Franklin) and continued to win. I feel if Richmond lost Dusty (or even Riewoldt) they wouldn't have been the same team. Hawthorn were just different. Best team of the modern era for mine.

Geelong? They’ve been up for a while yeah?

Geelong finished in the top 4 a lot after 2011 and weren't a serious contender for a lot of it because of the compromised drafts. Teams that would normally rise up and replace us weren't getting their hands on that high end talent to help them improve and climb the ladder.

For years Geelong were hitting the finals with both Selwood and Dangerfield cooked. Finally in 2022 they managed Selwood and Danger during the season (Danger won the Ayres off the back of it and should have been awarded the NSM). Scott finally rejigged the gameplan after stubbornly refusing to do it for years and had recruited Cameron, Stengle and Holmes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond 2017-20 v Hawthorn 2012-15

Back