Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Remember, lose now, gain more later.

As a bottom 4 team, your main job now is to prepare for the 2028 event horizon by having the right drafting done so when tasmania comes in, you can proceed to build.

You don't want to be thinking of drafting in 2028 in other words you don't want to be in melb, geelong, port's shoes.
Yeah I get that, but also dont want to be right down the bottom of the ladder for 5+ years like North, no offence.

If we lose Graham as a free agent and one of Baker and Rioli, plus trading our later picks for points to a Lions or Blues, we should end up with at least 3 1st rounders. That's a good start.

Losing Rioli would hurt the heart strings more than his onfield loss imo
Rioli the family , Name has been part of Richmond a long time and probably will be in the future

But on field there are enough players coming through to cover his loss going foward
Also I think the 2 1st round picks would have some things attached to that like later picks going back

There could also be some salary cap contribution from Richmond if the picks are the first 2 picks
Lets remember GC gave away #7 to shed $600k for 2 years so could be a win win

What chance Nathan Broad could head back to WA at the end of the season, thinking if particularly WCE where to lose Tom Barrass?

Barrass wont be leaving he is just haggling for a pay rise
Yeah I tend to agree.
I have heard on the grapevine that Broad would be open to moving back to WA (that's open to nothing more). Thinking if that was to eventuate that the smoothest path would be to WCE as Freo have both Ryan and Pierce locked in. With Barrass leaving that could help to facilitate that.

Yeah I get that, but also dont want to be right down the bottom of the ladder for 5+ years like North, no offence.

If we lose Graham as a free agent and one of Baker and Rioli, plus trading our later picks for points to a Lions or Blues, we should end up with at least 3 1st rounders. That's a good start.

Nah, right down the bottom is good, as true north fan, last 5 years were long expected.

But if you can trade out a few overpaid types then it will accelerate the rebuild

I doubt anyone wants to follow North's example.

Not everyone can afford our example, in light of the 2028 event horizon, i say we timed it beautifully.

Of course, that was part of the plan but with 0 debt by the end of 2020, time for a stalinist purge and rebuild.

False start in 2022 with hornes francis but his departure paved way for a few decent players.

I think we need 3 more drafts to be properly stocked up to handle the 2028 drought.

They gave pick 2 for Lachie Weller. They gave pick 7 to get rid of Bowes. They have more draft picks than they know what to do with.

Anyway, pick 20 is not a first-rounder. It's the second of two picks inserted after the first round because North is a waste of space.
It does look like a good draft to have a couple of bites in the teens 20s

Not everyone can afford our example, in light of the 2028 event horizon, i say we timed it beautifully.

Of course, that was part of the plan but with 0 debt by the end of 2020, time for a stalinist purge and rebuild.

False start in 2022 with hornes francis but his departure paved way for a few decent players.

I think we need 3 more drafts to be properly stocked up to handle the 2028 drought.
I wouldn't regard anything about the North list build as beautiful.

You have a good midfield now, but jeez you made it look hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some clubs cheat the salary cap, some clubs are so incompetent they are gifted extra draft picks that disadvantage every other team, and their useless leader is promoted to useless league ops manager.

Incompetent, does that include your club from 1981 to 2016?

I dunno about you, i rather 5 extremely bad years, than 30 bad to mediocre years, what do you reckon?

Some clubs cheat the salary cap, some clubs are so incompetent they are gifted extra draft picks that disadvantage every other team, and their useless leader is promoted to useless league ops manager.

You mean like you were given pick 2 and you chose...Tambling?

Like you guys chose richard tambling...over other players like Franklin.

You mean those leader who eventually cut down the 10 million debt to ZERO in 2020?

Incompetent, does that include your club from 1981 to 2016?

I dunno about you, i rather 5 extremely bad years, than 30 bad to mediocre years, what do you reckon?
Dude, you've had two good years this century. And you're playing with our money, show some gratitude.

Like you guys chose richard tambling...over other players like Franklin.
Yeah. We made mistakes and got ourselves out of it without any of the charity your club relies on.

You mean those leader who eventually cut down the 10 million debt to ZERO in 2020?
Thanks to the AFL distribution funds, that give drainers like Norf and the Suns more money than earner clubs like Richmond that make all the money.

Keep punching, good luck when those Tassie dollars dry up.

Yeah. We made mistakes and got ourselves out of it without any of the charity your club relies on.

Thanks to the AFL distribution funds, that give drainers like Norf and the Suns more money than earner clubs like Richmond that make all the money.

Keep punching, good luck when those Tassie dollars dry up.

Right right, you made mistakes, for like 30 years and you are pointing the finger at us. Sure mate.

Tassie dollars dry up, mate we are in Arden, literal gold mine over the next 50 years.

So a big 🖕 to the naysayers as we are sitting nice and pretty where we are.

If freebies come along, thank you very much.

Now go think about how to rebuild your list with 4 years remaining before the event horizon of 2028 that you haven't started thinking about it yet. Perhaps trade out baker riolio for 3 firsts, start with that.

Right right, you made mistakes, for like 30 years and you are pointing the finger at us. Sure mate.

Tassie dollars dry up, mate we are in Arden, literal gold mine over the next 50 years.

So a big 🖕 to the naysayers as we are sitting nice and pretty where we are.

If freebies come along, thank you very much.

Now go think about how to rebuild your list with 4 years remaining before the event horizon of 2028 that you haven't started thinking about it yet. Perhaps trade out baker riolio for 3 firsts, start with that.
What an ignorant child.

Yeah, that two firsts for Rioli nonsense was clearly BS. It didn't make the slightest bit of sense for GC to do that, still a few got taken in or really wanted to believe it. It seems that this year the number of completely made up trade rumours is higher than in the past, and it's only June.

Even if it is, one of them is the PP at 20.

Which is conceivably Pick 25-28 depending on FA results.

Even their current pick 10 could be 14 or 15.

Pick 14 and 27 doesn’t sound as good for headlines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back