Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Rioli and Bolton, contracted long term. Pay up or they stay. No big deal for us, they weren’t asked to leave. We’re just trying to make it a good deal in compensation. Like any club would do.
Yet we’re butchering trade period by asking the same from the Hawks re Barrass?

As I said on another thread, I’d rather a key back in the leadership team, in a young developing team, over 2 outside mids

Yet we’re butchering trade period by asking the same from the Hawks re Barrass?

As I said on another thread, I’d rather a key back in the leadership team, in a young developing team, over 2 outside mids
I'll rather a match winner in Bolton who can win a game on his boot or breake a game open in 5 minutes 🤔.

I'll rather a match winner in Bolton who can win a game on his boot or breake a game open in 5 minutes 🤔.
Because that worked so well for you this year. I’d say you’ll be winning a similar amount of games over the next 2 years.

Would prefer leadership during a tough period like this over a player who may win you 1 or 2 more games but go completely missing in many others

Because that worked so well for you this year. I’d say you’ll be winning a similar amount of games over the next 2 years.

Would prefer leadership during a tough period like this over a player who may win you 1 or 2 more games but go completely missing in many others
Barass is leadership lol his doing the same as Bolton jumping ship don't be a hypocrite. Giving me this leadership crap yet he wants out the door.

Maybe move this to the Tom Embarrassment thread

If those players stay we probably still win the wooden spoon.

May as well go hard on the rebuild to set us up if we're going to be bottom tier regardless
I like what you're doing. If you're going to be bad then get a raft of picks in.
If you take 4-6 picks inside 30 this year. Finish last and get another 3-4 next year you'd be wanting say 6-7 of them to become 200+ gamers. Guys that push for AA honours etc.

Getting a raft of picks in a short succession puts a lot of pressure to nail a lot of them. Hawthorn have risen well because they've hit more high picks than missed. Essendon are middling because Dodo has missed a few.

Fascinating to see how it pans out for the tigers.

I like what you're doing. If you're going to be bad then get a raft of picks in.
If you take 4-6 picks inside 30 this year. Finish last and get another 3-4 next year you'd be wanting say 6-7 of them to become 200+ gamers. Guys that push for AA honours etc.

Getting a raft of picks in a short succession puts a lot of pressure to nail a lot of them. Hawthorn have risen well because they've hit more high picks than missed. Essendon are middling because Dodo has missed a few.

In a perfect world we can nail this draft and next years and set ourselves up to rise up the ladder again in 3-4 years. Another advantage we will have if we can get a good group of kids in is once Tasmania comes in we might be looking at enticing more experienced players back in while still having high draft picks.

May also be that the Hawks culture is better than the Bombers culture (not a stretch) so the high draft picks reach their potential at the Hawks

Fresh this morning this is what I am hearing could get the Bolton & Rioli trades done.

Trade for Bolton:
Freo give Picks 10,18 & 30
Tigers Give Bolton,F3 & Pick 51

Trade for Rioli:

Suns give Picks 6,23 & 29
Tigers give Rioli,24 & 30

Everyone should be Happy.
The Tigers end up with Picks 1,6,10,18,20,23 First Rounders + 29 (Not including the Baker Pick?)
The Suns Get Rioli & enough points to match an early Lombard bid.
Freo get Bolton & keep Pick 11.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the solution to the Rioli trade isn’t upgrading 24 to 23 and 30 to 29, hardly seems worth the trouble.

You don't understand if the Suns trade out 23 to the Tigers so they only have 29 their first pick. This will give them the points they need and it only costs the Tigers a F3 & pick 51.

You don't understand if the Suns trade out 23 to the Tigers so they only have 29 their first pick. This will give them the points they need and it only costs the Tigers a F3 & pick 51.
What I’m saying is that upgrading two picks only one spot hardly seems worth the haggling for Richmond, they may as well have just done a straight swap of Rioli for 6, rather than Rioli, 24, 30 for 6, 23, 29.

Would part of a Rioli deal involve Tigers "holding" Sun's earliest pick - mid 20s, and trading back something similar after the Lombard bid? Could do similar with a mid 30s pick perhaps?
The AFL has cracked down on that sort of deal. Although it is the AFL, so anything is possible.

Richmond Trade Goals

Get rid of concrete boots Graham :whitecheck:
Get pick #14 for Baker :whitecheck:
Get #6 + #23 for Rioli :whitecheck:
Get #10 + #11 for Bolton
Get #2 from north for #6 + #20
Trade #24 into a 2025 1st rounder

#1 , #2 , #10 , #11 , #14 , #23 , #24

I personally don't think we should trade more to possibly get Pick 2.
With 7 first Round picks and 3 in the Top 10 if we don't nail 5 of them then we should give up.

Richmond Trade Goals

Get rid of concrete boots Graham :whitecheck:
Get pick #14 for Baker :whitecheck:
Get #6 + #23 for Rioli :whitecheck:
Get #10 + #11 for Bolton
Get #2 from north for #6 + #20
Trade #24 into a 2025 1st rounder

#1 , #2 , #10 , #11 , #14 , #23 , #24
24 hours ago I'd have said 6 & 20 for 2 is no chance but lol Weagles

24 hours ago I'd have said 6 & 20 for 2 is no chance but lol Weagles

North aren't the Eagles it would have to be 2 x Top 10s to even make them think about it.

I personally don't think we should trade more to possibly get Pick 2.
With 7 first Round picks and 3 in the Top 10 if we don't nail 5 of them then we should give up.
I would offer #6 + #23 (if we get it ) to north for #2
North can offer #6 for Houston if they convince him and have #23 to use for a slider like Trainor

FOS / LaLor double is tempting

North aren't the Eagles it would have to be 2 x Top 10s to even make them think about it.
Thing is if it's Tauru they want, who's taking him between 3 and 6? Carlton have no need for him, Adelaide need midfielders more, Melbourne need a difference maker this season. There's relatively little risk in moving back to 6 and getting an extra pick, even if the value isn't as high as they'd like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back