Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

No.

You're getting hung up on the talk it's even. It's even in that you can get comparable talent at 20, maybe even 30, to pick 10. But the talent you'll get at 3 is better than you'd get at 10.
I'm sure you should get a better talent, but is that better talent better 9 AND 10. You think Draper is say that much better than having two of Reid / Trainor / Lalor / Lindsay / Berry / Whitlock / Allan?

I'm sure you should get a better talent, but is that better talent better 9 AND 10. You think Draper is say that much better than having two of Reid / Trainor / Lalor / Lindsay / Berry / Whitlock / Allan?
If i could be sure to get Lalor / Trainor then i would agree but highly doubt they will be available at picks 10 & 11 after the St kilda compo for battle kicks in

I would take Draper / FOS over 2 of the others easily

If i could be sure to get Lalor / Trainor then i would agree but highly doubt they will be available at picks 10 & 11 after the St kilda compo for battle kicks in

I would take Draper / FOS over 2 of the others easily
Really really interested to see how it all plays out down the years. If there's a Butters or two between 10 and 20 and everyone laughs at the Crows equivalent taking Chayce Jones

It is when we're likely going to get a teens pick for Baker, Brisbane's first pick, and Band 3 compo for Graham. That's 1 and say 13, 15, 21, 22 before we even get to Shai or Daniel. And odds are we'll be able to get future firsts for 21 and/or 22 if we're inclined. That's where that depth comes in.

That's why I reckon we'll be going for premium. Pick 5 looks like it's on the table for Daniel and I reckon we'll be pushing to work something out to get 3 in a Shai deal.

Really really interested to see how it all plays out down the years. If there's a Butters or two between 10 and 20 and everyone laughs at the Crows equivalent taking Chayce Jones
Yes but for every butter Richmond gets a Dow , RCD , Ellis , Lennon

I just think top 3-4 is where you get players that are most likely to be your guns , sure you will hit a fyfe/Bolton or even a balta , Treacy at times but when you look at freo list most of the good talent are top 10 which the 2 picks freo hold wont be when comes to selection.

As a Richmond supporter i would feel all 3 of your picks for both Bolton/Baker would be slight unders and you would most likely feel its overs but that usually means its around the mark

It is when we're likely going to get a teens pick for Baker, Brisbane's first pick, and Band 3 compo for Graham. That's 1 and say 13, 15, 21, 22 before we even get to Shai or Daniel. And odds are we'll be able to get future firsts for 21 and/or 22 if we're inclined. That's where that depth comes in.

That's why I reckon we'll be going for premium. Pick 5 looks like it's on the table for Daniel and I reckon we'll be pushing to work something out to get 3 in a Shai deal.

Wce would be nuts to trade 3.

The Rioli valuations are cooked from you lot and the whole site is going to laugh at GC when that trade goes through. If they pay MORE than 5 they are insane, but they are insane so who knows

I think the 'Rioli valuation' was something people decided on several rounds ago before the Suns dropped down the ladder.

'2 firsts' might have made some sense back when the first of those picks was around pick 10, but as GC has dropped down the ladder, it's just become silly.

I think gold coast might say pick 5 is off the table, or they will say ok and do
Rioli, 2 3rd rounders for 5,2025r3.

Megalo Franco Cozzo GIF by Madman Films

So my ideal off season would be…..

Graham for pick 20-22 compo

Rioli to GC for future first + 20.

Shai + future 3 to Freo for Pies first + future first.

Baker + Graham compo to WC for pick 3.

Trade up for Brisbane first.

—————

2024 draft picks

1, 3, freo/pies first, Brisbane first, north compo

3 of Smilie, Smith, O’Sulivan, Langford, Lalor, Draper.

Graham compo + Own second 2 x key forward.

—————-

2025 picks.

Own first (top 5)

GC first (5-10)

Freo first (12-18)

Own second 20-25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers should be really aggressive in trading players getting 1st rd picks, load up now as when Tassie come in they will have the best picks for few years.

A grader IMO is top 10% at your position in the comp, basically All Australian. Neither Bolton or Rioli will go close to that this year. Bolton at his best could be considered A grade, Rioli not even close.

For comparison of players who are looking for new homes this year.. who is the better player with more upside out of Rioli and Lukosious., who is 3 years younger than Rioli. I suspect every person that doesn’t support Richmond has Lukosious well ahead, Gold Coast will be lucky to get a late first for him.

Bailey Smith I rate highly, is 2 years younger than Bolton and Cats will likely get him for their first pick. Izak Rankine, a similar player to Bolton but was only 22 at the time went to Adelaide for pick 5 and a future 4th, this probably seems about the right make for Bolton.

No.

You're getting hung up on the talk it's even. It's even in that you can get comparable talent at 20, maybe even 30, to pick 10. But the talent you'll get at 3 is better than you'd get at 10.
But how much better is the question. It's notable that draft watcher Davo-27 reckons there are no true standout elite prospects even in the top 3.

A grader IMO is top 10% at your position in the comp, basically All Australian. Neither Bolton or Rioli will go close to that this year. Bolton at his best could be considered A grade, Rioli not even close.

For comparison of players who are looking for new homes this year.. who is the better player with more upside out of Rioli and Lukosious., who is 3 years younger than Rioli. I suspect every person that doesn’t support Richmond has Lukosious well ahead, Gold Coast will be lucky to get a late first for him.

Bailey Smith I rate highly, is 2 years younger than Bolton and Cats will likely get him for their first pick. Izak Rankine, a similar player to Bolton but was only 22 at the time went to Adelaide for pick 5 and a future 4th, this probably seems about the right make for Bolton.
You're forgetting that contracted players always cost more than out of contract players.

But how much better is the question. It's notable that draft watcher Davo-27 reckons there are no true standout elite prospects even in the top 3.
Davo's just a mug with a modem, like the rest of us.

FOS is a class above the rest, it's only his injuries that have some punters spooked.

At 3 you'll get one of Jagga, Lalor or Draper. At 10 you'll miss the next tier of Reid, Smiley and probably Langford. You'll probably have your pick of Allan, Berry, Hotton, maybe Travaglia.

Given we'll already have 2-4 picks in the 12-25 range, yeah,, I'll take one top 3 over 2 more in that range.

I'll be amazed if that is not what Richmond is pushing for.

Except when the club holding the player are trying to cash in so they can rebuild, Richmond do not have the whip hand in these trades.
Then they'll have to keep a good player that they enjoy having around, who signed a long term contract. I'm not seeing the problem here for Richmond.

Davo's just a mug with a modem, like the rest of us.
I reckon he's watched a lot more of the draft prospects than you have, and has more to compare it to from how much he's watched prospects in previous drafts too. He's not correct 100% of the time and you're welcome to disagree with him, but until I read your draft analysis thread I'm going to put more stock in his opinion than yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back