Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Still don't think we are going to be losing those players being touted. I can't see us losing both Rioli and Bolton (maybe 1). Baker and Graham I think will be gone.

Richmond will have a heap of 2nd & 3rd round picks (Baker chooses WCE) so we could potentially look at trading up for a 1st round (Brisbane?) and hopefully someone else's. I'd even look at trading pick 21 (our 1st pick of the 2nd round) into next year maybe for a future 1st?

So even if the club digs in and refuses to trade Bolton and Rioli we could still possibly have 3 first rounders this year and potentially a future 1st. That would still be an excellent result.

Still don't think we are going to be losing those players being touted. I can't see us losing both Rioli and Bolton (maybe 1). Baker and Graham I think will be gone.

Richmond will have a heap of 2nd & 3rd round picks (Baker chooses WCE) so we could potentially look at trading up for a 1st round (Brisbane?) and hopefully someone else's. I'd even look at trading pick 21 (our 1st pick of the 2nd round) into next year maybe for a future 1st?

So even if the club digs in and refuses to trade Bolton and Rioli we could still possibly have 3 first rounders this year and potentially a future 1st. That would still be an excellent result.
Exactly why we won't trade these guys for "fair value"

"but you need to trade them to get the talent in"

Yeah but not for meh picks. We want the top picks or it's pointless. 6 for Rioli, 9 & 10 for Bolton otherwise pass.

Exactly why we won't trade these guys for "fair value"

"but you need to trade them to get the talent in"

Yeah but not for meh picks. We want the top picks or it's pointless. 6 for Rioli, 9 & 10 for Bolton otherwise pass.
Yeah if Freo really want Bolton (the actual club not Bigfooty supporters) they will have to make a big offer for us to say yes.
Probably that big that their BF supporters will hope the trade fails.
Same with Gold Coast it will definitely have to involve pick 6 at least. Just depends how bad they want him
Oppo fans can relax though because I don't see it happening.

More I think of it, more I’m a strong believer in Richmond should cash in on Lynch while he has a modicum of value left. They’re losing how many millions in salary with Dusty, Baker, Bolton, Graham, Rioli, Grimes, so they can get a sweet deal in terms of another pick if they continue to pay him.

Lynch is moving into NicNat/Shuey territory where of course it’d be nice to have him out there teaching the kids, but he can’t get on the park. So I genuinely think they should sell him and pay his salary as long as it gives them a solid pick.

He’s not a Nankervis type who plays most weeks anymore.
And help pies or melb for a nothing second rounder? Nah

We dont need the cap space and tom when fit is an a grader (thats why pies/melb want him). 2 years basically off hes fresh to play until 35ish. We also have a shiet fitness team so any other will get him right.

With the big retirements and expected move we are going to for sure have some cap space available and we should be making the most of this.

Trading Lynch with us paying a chunk of his salary for a decent pick back would be the kind of move we could be looking at. For people that have an issue with trading Lynch, we love the guy but he's barely played in the past two years. We have Balta, Lefau mid next year, Kosi and Bauer. Let's roll with that because we have been in the post Lynch era for the better part of two years, let's embrace it and move on.

We should be a homing beacon right now for clubs needing to dump players. Not sure if anyone is specifically on the radar though but something like the Bowes trade would be ideal for us. We need to be bold and intelligent with what we are doing, go to the draft, back ourselves in with development, identity moneyball types to bring in to guide the kids and above all else, sack Louie Meehan!

With respect, but which club would be keen on Jack Graham?

What would happen if the best we got offered for Rioli was 13 and 20 and the best for Bolton was 9 and 17? Dowe keep the players or do we go into the draft with pick 1 and 4 2nd rounders (1 for Graham and 1 plus a future 2nd for Baker)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you think Lynch is leaving then?

Mate we give tiger_tough one job and he will find a way to **** it up. Unbelievable.

*doubles down, classic TT

sshhhh this is fun
Frustrated World Cup GIF

You know what I meant campaigners!

No clubs offering 2.5 mill for 4 years for Graham. Maybe 3 years at 1.2 mill. I can't see rioli leaving. Bolton yes for 2 firsts. Lynch is a hard one, not sure any club even in the window is giving up their first for a guy who's got 1 year left in him if he's lucky. Big risk with injuries. You could get Peter Wright for a third rounder, who would be good, at a Collingwood or dees

Tigers fans - how would you feel if the only player you lost was Graham for band 4 compo?

That would be excellent. Gives us picks 39, 40, 42 and 48 or there abouts to get Brisbanes first. Keep our key senior players, have some luck with injuries, and who knows. We’re nowhere near as shit as Norf and WC unless we lose all those players and/or have continuing injury issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back