Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

I think we'd be more likely to do that bid on Ashcroft and get Brisbane to hand over their 1st for our crap.

Although Lombard should be in that ballpark. Cal Twomey doing his best to lower his rating but he's a jet and probably the player type we need that is missing from the draft so who knows.

.Lombard is in the discussion to top 7-8 but not 1-5
Nobody is bidding on lombard in the top 5 why waste time discussing

Ashcroft is another story and Richmond 100% should be bidding but i think if the 2 clubs do a 1st round trade its an unspoken agreement they dont bid

So what’s the vibe on Richmond’s level of interest in pick 2?

Once the Bolton, Baker and Rioli deals are done, it leaves a number of possible permutations.

Maybe, if the Tigers are keen on FOS and Smith, North request 6 and 10, Richmond counter 9 and 17, and we meet somewhere around 6 and 13?
I would rather keep the picks we have top 7 /8 players any of them could go anywhere in that area and clubs will have them in different order.

Personally, id rather just take FOS and see who is left out of Jagga, Lalor, Draper, Trainor, Langford, Armstrong, Reid

Once the Bolton, Baker and Rioli deals are done, it leaves a number of possible permutations.

Maybe, if the Tigers are keen on FOS and Smith, North request 6 and 10, Richmond counter 9 and 17, and we meet somewhere around 6 and 13?
Pretty well split down the middle on our board. I'm in favor of it. Highly doubt pick 6 would be involved though, that would just about defeat the purpose given the evenness of the top 6 or 7 prospects.

Pretty well split down the middle on our board. I'm in favor of it. Highly doubt pick 6 would be involved though, that would just about defeat the purpose given the evenness of the top 6 or 7 prospects.
It’ll be interesting to see what eventuates.

I think it only makes sense for North to trade pick 2 if we can guarantee our favourite tall in the draft (whether that is Armstrong or Trainor, I’m not sure), plus one other decent first rounder (maybe Berry or Shanahan).

If we can’t do that, I think we’d just go best available mid at pick 2, and then whoever is left from the KPFs with our second rounder.

It’ll be interesting to see what eventuates.

I think it only makes sense for North to trade pick 2 if we can guarantee our favourite tall in the draft (whether that is Armstrong or Trainor, I’m not sure), plus one other decent first rounder (maybe Berry or Shanahan).

If we can’t do that, I think we’d just go best available mid at pick 2, and then whoever is left from the KPFs with our second rounder.
Im expecting North to take Smillie / Langford and Come back to Richmond with a F1 offer for pick #10 when Trainor /Armstrong is still on the board

Pretty sure Tigers want Smith & Smillie not FOS? Smillie plays in there VFL so they have a good idea on who to get. I Feel North are in a hard place. The top 10 is even and so far Smillie FOS Smith & Ashcroft can all be picked at 1. Drap Reid Lalor Trainor Langford all in that 3-7 spot. It might be better to sell pick 2 off to the highest bidder if 1 of those picks are atleast in the top 10 to get whoever slides. Reid/Langford/Trainor/Armstrong so far the most likely sliders.

tiger_tough THE_GUN Any idea how many list spots you’ll have free?

Ie it’s possible you go to the draft with 1, 6, 9, 10, 13, 17. Then there are two second rounders and three thirds that need to go somewhere?
We will have enough spots
Baker , Graham , Bolton , Riol , Dusty , Grimes , Pickett ,Naismith all looking like leaving or retired
Cumberland , Smith , Blight , McIntosh all waiting for contracts with at least 2 delisting's

We should take 6/7 in the draft and trade out 1 pick (#21) into next gear for a 1st rounder if possible

tiger_tough THE_GUN Any idea how many list spots you’ll have free?

Ie it’s possible you go to the draft with 1, 6, 9, 10, 13, 17. Then there are two second rounders and three thirds that need to go somewhere?
Not sure. Grimes, Martin, Naismith, Pickett, Rioli, Bolton, Baker is 7. Graham possibly too. Assume a couple get delisted shortly, plus Cumberland and McIntosh have been told they'll have to wait till trade week to see if they get another deal. Wouldn't be surprised if we bring in a cheap role player or two via trade/DFA either.

We should take 6/7 in the draft and trade out 1 pick (#21) into next gear for a 1st rounder if possible
If Richmond end up with a draft hand of 6 first rounders, then they should absolutely trade this years 2nd and 3rd rounders for overs to clubs that have poor draft hands that need to get back into the draft this year (Bulldogs, Collingwood, Port). Brisbane will also need to pick up some picks in case North bid on Ashcroft, forcing them into deficit next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly in this draft where there isn't a clear number 1, there's certainly no clear number 2 then. I wouldn't feel the need to trade up for pick 2, I think this is the perfect year to try and get a handful of picks inside the top 20 as best as you can, and you're bound to nab a couple of sliders and a decent chance at adding multiple long term best 22 players.

Pretty sure Tigers want Smith & Smillie not FOS? Smillie plays in there VFL so they have a good idea on who to get. I Feel North are in a hard place. The top 10 is even and so far Smillie FOS Smith & Ashcroft can all be picked at 1. Drap Reid Lalor Trainor Langford all in that 3-7 spot. It might be better to sell pick 2 off to the highest bidder if 1 of those picks are atleast in the top 10 to get whoever slides. Reid/Langford/Trainor/Armstrong so far the most likely sliders.
If we somehow get Eagles 3rd pick, it will be FOS and Smith, no doubt in my mind what so ever.

If we somehow get Eagles 3rd pick, it will be FOS and Smith, no doubt in my mind what so ever.
The more I think about it, why not just give Baker up & another high pick ideally pick 10 or something what we get from the Bolton deal with Freo, than we can draft both Jagga & FOS. if you are replacing our best players you want to make sure you getting the top top elite guys in the draft. not using speculative pick in the teens or something that blow out to pick 20.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, why not just give Baker up & another high pick ideally pick 10 or something what we get from the Bolton deal with Freo, than we can draft both Jagga & FOS. if you are replacing our best players you want to make you getting the top top elite guys in the draft. not using speculative pick in the teens or something that blow out to pick 20.
Ideally yes, but I don't think Eagles would accept pick 11 and Baker. I think they have their eyes set on pick 7 if we get it from Gold Coast. (i say 7 & 11 because there will be a bid on Ashcroft early imo)

Ideally yes, but I don't think Eagles would accept pick 11 and Baker. I think they have their eyes set on pick 7 if we get it from Gold Coast. (i say 7 & 11 because there will be a bid on Ashcroft early imo)
I don't think we'd do that pick 6-7 than we losing way too much. they might have to just give us the pick they get for Barrass than.

We are losing Rioli, Baker & half of Bolton for pick 3. no way we would do that.
That means we are valuing Bolton at like pick #11 or likely 17 alone.

I don't think we'd do that pick 6-7 than we losing way too much. they might have to just give us the pick they get for Barrass than.

We are losing Rioli, Baker & half of Bolton for pick 3. no way we would do that.
That means we are valuing Bolton at like pick #11 or likely 17 alone.

Agree, they won't do pick 11 and we won't do pick 7. They will have to find another way.

Im expecting North to take Smillie / Langford and Come back to Richmond with a F1 offer for pick #10 when Trainor /Armstrong is still on the board

I'm expecting we take who ever is available out of FOS and Jagga at 2.

Crazy to move on our 1st rounder in 2025 until we show something to suggest we can move outside the top 4.

Looking at Sharp, Greeves, Ludowyke and Duursma it would take a hell of alot more than pick 10 for us to trade our 2025 1st rounders. I would take Sharp this year with our pick 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back