Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Well supposedly this is a super draft

Can’t remember a draft not getting talked up a month out.

Us Roos have been paying close attention for a lot of years now - you guys are rookies.

IMO it looks like it has good depth but lacking the star power of previous years. I don’t see a Reid, JHF or Sheezel.

Can’t remember a draft not getting talked up a month out.

Us Roos have been paying close attention for a lot of years now - you guys are rookies.

IMO it looks like it has good depth but lacking the star power of previous years. I don’t see a Reid, JHF or Sheezel.
There is a reason just about every club wants to get into this draft and all the list managers that have been interviewed have all said the same thing. No stand out top 2 but extremely deep and level and runs to 35-40 depending on who you listen to.

No they have Blair Hately.

I thought Adrian Dodoro at essendon was good, He always won trade week.

Dodoro could only dream of doing what Richmond have done at trade week.
He was very good and always has been
Has always paid the asking price but got his asking price with trades

Looks like his work is not done yet
He will be looking to get a good deal for pick #2 and trading out #23 & #24 for future 1st rounders to teams looking to get back into this years draft

You must think Blair is GOD now
will you get a poster of Blair on your wall

I always thought Dodoro was elite. I was proven wrong.

You need to chat to your North Melbourne mates on why cant they do a similar thing the Tigers did in this 2024 trade period rather than head to the AFL begging bowl.

Everyone’s saying we’ll be absolutely horrific next year and are a chance not to win a game, will be as bad as GWS were when they came into the league, etc. I’m not convinced. I think we’ll probably finish last, but if we get a good run with injuries I think we’ll be competitive. Balta, Vlastuin, Lynch, Hopper, Taranto, Prestia, Nankervis, Broad, Short, Mccintosh as your older experience plus the next tier of HRS, Ross, Gibcus, Mansell, Young, Miller, Koschitzke etc is enough to get by. Then add in a bit of improvement from the younger guys and an injection of serious top talent that could have an immediate impact and it doesn’t look too bad.

Problem is that hardly any of the above names listed managed to stay on the park for 2024. If the same happens next year then prepare for a few beltings.

There is a reason just about every club wants to get into this draft and all the list managers that have been interviewed have all said the same thing. No stand out top 2 but extremely deep and level and runs to 35-40 depending on who you listen to.
In other words…. getting pick 1 and the wooden spoon was not worth it. Pick 2 would have been fine :/

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back