Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Believe me, while it’s not beyond Brady Rawlings to do something stupid, I seriously doubt he’s that much of a clown to even think about that deal. If he does, I’ll be in at the club dragging him out by his massive snoz myself.
Let's break the negotiations down a bit.

North (Rawlings) have made it pretty obvious that they want Tauru and another tall, Armstrong ideally, but Trainor or Shanahan would suffice. To achieve that outcome they need picks 6 & 10 or 6 & 11.

Whilst the Tigers would like pick 2 they're not willing to pay what's considered a fair price given that a quality player would still be available at pick 6, consequently the counter offer is 6 & 23.

We now have an impasse and that deadlock has to be opened by offering something to the Tigers to entice them to give up pick 11 rather than pick 23 in the deal.

What then, is that offer?

The answer depends on just how desperate North is in wanting to acquire that tall at pick 11.

Herald Sun reporting this morning that the current offer from North centres around 2 and f1 for 6 and 11.

Sounds like daylight robbery to me, unless we were getting one of the late first rounders back too.
If I'm Richmond that's the minimum I'm settling for, for 6 and 11. And for pick 2 alone the most I'd pay is 6 and 20. There are too many good players in this first round to move up for anything less than a very favourable deal to Richmond. In most drafts you'd rather have quality over quantity, but this one is different, quantity is more important, especially for a team that's rebuilding.

Let's break the negotiations down a bit.

North (Rawlings) have made it pretty obvious that they want Tauru and another tall, Armstrong ideally, but Trainor or Shanahan would suffice. To achieve that outcome they need picks 6 & 10 or 6 & 11.

Whilst the Tigers would like pick 2 they're not willing to pay what's considered a fair price given that a quality player would still be available at pick 6, consequently the counter offer is 6 & 23.

We now have an impasse and that deadlock has to be opened by offering something to the Tigers to entice them to give up pick 11 rather than pick 23 in the deal.

What then, is that offer?

The answer depends on just how desperate North is in wanting to acquire that tall at pick 11.

I say stuff North, I hope they pick a Tall with Pick #2 it would actually help the Tigers.

Posting it about any kid is wishful thinking. You hope any kid you take in the top 10 of any draft is a gun. Will Phillips was seen as a shit pick by most people at the time too.

This year is not like most years, everyone keeps saying how even the top 6 or so are. Pick 2 could be any one of 4 or 5 kids, depending on which club you ask.
Phillips was always going top 10. Maybe couple spots early - but there wasn't anyone that didn't have him top 10.

And this draft is called even as there is no Reid or JHF in the draft. There is no "generational talent" in 2024.

Phillips was always going top 10. Maybe couple spots early - but there wasn't anyone that didn't have him top 10.

And this draft is called even as there is no Reid or JHF in the draft. There is no "generational talent" in 2024.
Thats correct and any 1 of the top 15 players could become the best from this draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back