Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

What do you mean? That there was a misjudged consensus that we'd get him for unders, and then coughed up pick 19? (with various bits and pieces, one of which became Curtis btw)

That for some unknown reason you all think Richmond are some kind of push overs to deal with, in this case we arent just going to hand over picks because we want pick 2. Richmond hasn't even said they want it.

We won't be paying overs for it as you won't be accepting unders either, if it does happen it's not going to be some ridiculous idea of us giving away our top end picks for it or your future pick. This draft is deeper than usual to just give our picks away. Our late picks are the ones that might be offered up as bait for future picks on the night.

That for some unknown reason you all think Richmond are some kind of push overs to deal with, in this case we arent just going to hand over picks because we want pick 2. Richmond hasn't even said they want it.

We won't be paying overs for it as you won't be accepting unders either, if it does happen it's not going to be some ridiculous idea of us giving away our top end picks for it or your future pick. This draft is deeper than usual to just give our picks away. Our late picks are the ones that might be offered up as bait for future picks on the night.
Mate for the past dozen pages I've been expressing the view that if it gets done it'll be for 6 and 18, or thereabouts, and that would be something I'd accept, at the lowest end of my acceptable range.

It'll either get done, or it won't, but if it does, I'm confident it'll be around that.

Mate for the past dozen pages I've been expressing the view that if it gets done it'll be for 6 and 18, or thereabouts, and that would be something I'd accept, at the lowest end of my acceptable range.

It'll either get done, or it won't, but if it does, I'm confident it'll be around that.

What's all this other garbage about future picks (other posters) I'm reading then? 6 & 18 would also be my absolute limit, personally I'd rather we didn't even bother, id love to keep 6 which is unlikely if this trade did happen hence why I'm not a fan of moving up 4 spots.

My personal take is we just pick Jagga at 1, he has proven worthy of the top 5 billing, then we sit back and see who is left at 6 (7) considering a bid will come for Ashcroft. Everyone else is trying to play the cute smart game of predicting which player is going to be some kind of super player FOS, Draper, Lalor, etc ..

Last edited:
What's all this other garbage about future picks (other posters) I'm reading then? 6 & 18 would also be my absolute limit, personally I'd rather we didn't even bother, id love to keep 6 which is unlikely if this trade did happen hence why I'm not a fan of moving up 4 spots.
Haha our clubs are broad churches

Not too sure which player we would take at #2 if Richmond traded for it but he would certainly have to be a very very special player if we do trade for him.

Richmond had the opportunity to get pick #3 from the eagles for Baker + #11 and decided against it and preferred pick #14 straight out.

The options available at pick #6 are fantastic as it give Richmond options to take a player they rate highly that may still be available or trade that pick to GWS for their 15.16.21 then have 3 more picks they could move into F1's for 2025 draft
The beauty of this hand Richmond has is because they hold #10 + #11 they could afford to move #6 to the later / Future picks.

Sacrificing these options would have to be for a player we 'Have to Have'
Thinking it gets done for #6 + #18 / #20

Richmonds initial offer will be #11 + #23
Then #11 +#20
Then #11 + #18
Then #6 + #23
etc
etc

If its a must have will get done for #6 + #18 at most

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad