Richmond FC. The best when it comes to passionate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well done Tigers and especially to the Tiger supporters!!!. This is the true meaning of passion. Which other clubs' supporters would go as far as the Tiger's fans and phone up radio station's talk back, flood with SMS,organise protest meetings etc etc....all at virtually a moments notice? Talk about the voice of the rank and file supporter being heard !

They have a great , loud & passionate suppporter base, probably better than the Pies and more than likely the best in the AFL. ( They certainly have the best Club song by far.)

We as Dees supporters get a lot of stick on how quiet we are , almost to a point of being boring. Well , if there is a supporter " model " to aim for ..Richmond certailnly is that.

Well done Tigers. Good luck to Benny Cousins. Hope he goes well in the AFL and in his private life.

Personally I wouldnt like to be compared to Richmond supporters..

Whilst there might be some that are loyal, supporting - I find
the majority are quick to jump down their coaches throat on the
back of an ordismal performance..

At least down at Demonland we have learnt to deal with some
ordinary displays, even held onto ordinary coaches and gave them
a chance to prosper - right or wrong.

Personally I wouldnt like to be compared to Richmond supporters..

Whilst there might be some that are loyal, supporting - I find
the majority are quick to jump down their coaches throat on the
back of an ordismal performance..

At least down at Demonland we have learnt to deal with some
ordinary displays, even held onto ordinary coaches and gave them
a chance to prosper - right or wrong.

Totally agree. Was thinking the same thing. How many times have i heard trade richo, sack the coach etc etc in recent history when things go pear shaped. I felt really sorry for the way Frawley went out, but that was a while ago. Cant blame them though, richmond often promise so much only to fail. Maybe 09 will be different

Well done Tigers and especially to the Tiger supporters!!!. This is the true meaning of passion. Which other clubs' supporters would go as far as the Tiger's fans and phone up radio station's talk back, flood with SMS,organise protest meetings etc etc....all at virtually a moments notice? Talk about the voice of the rank and file supporter being heard !

They have a great , loud & passionate suppporter base, probably better than the Pies and more than likely the best in the AFL. ( They certainly have the best Club song by far.)

We as Dees supporters get a lot of stick on how quiet we are , almost to a point of being boring. Well , if there is a supporter " model " to aim for ..Richmond certailnly is that.

Well done Tigers. Good luck to Benny Cousins. Hope he goes well in the AFL and in his private life.

Couldn't agree more......I can't stand Cousins, but what the Tige fans did was sensational, and I think it has made people sit up and take notice of them in a whole new light...

I just hope now that Ben does the right thing by the club and supporters, and plays his heart out and is a model citizen so to speak...

Good luck to the Tigers 2009:)

Totally agree. Was thinking the same thing. How many times have i heard trade richo, sack the coach etc etc in recent history when things go pear shaped. I felt really sorry for the way Frawley went out, but that was a while ago. Cant blame them though, richmond often promise so much only to fail. Maybe 09 will be different

agree, that is not passion its more like their delusional. The supporter base seems to collectively bipolar, up and down, totally irrational and pretty bloody dumb. Having said that they are entertaining, all these toothless blokes and 'woman' who look like they haven't had a bath since they left school in year 4.

Tiger fanatics are merely collingwood supporters with more teeth. Still, nice work by the tiges.

Tiger fanatics are merely collingwood supporters with more teeth. Still, nice work by the tiges.

The array of toothless simpletons on the front of the paper the other day says otherwise. It looked like the cast of Fat Pizza were filming a special at Punt Road.

The array of toothless simpletons on the front of the paper the other day says otherwise. It looked like the cast of Fat Pizza were filming a special at Punt Road.

see, things like this is why other clubs think we are stuck up, suresome of there supporters might not be the brightest bunch, but at least they show heart and don't put others down. :thumbsdown: bad form fellas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't deny that we've got our own set of freaks. I call them the Cheer Squad.

I like this post :thumbsu: .

Crap thread though. If you doubt the passion of our supporters, you obviously weren't at the Freo and Brisbane games.

We have passion, we just don't have big numbers. Hopefully Casey and a successful team can change that over the next few years.

I like this post :thumbsu: .

Crap thread though. If you doubt the passion of our supporters, you obviously weren't at the Freo and Brisbane games.

We have passion, we just don't have big numbers. Hopefully Casey and a successful team can change that over the next few years.

=====================================================

If you doubt that we do in fact lack the passion, then you obviously weren't at the merger meeting . Remember that it was the MFC members who voted in favour of a merger . Passionate supporters at the MFC?....hmmmm.

I was at both Freo and Bris games and yes I agree we showed something ...but we need the same every week , on and OFF the field.

This thread is directed at us , the supporters rather than the guys on the field.

I think that we don't want it hard enough and thats why we lack that certain something in the way we barrack for the Dees at our games.

Why does the MFC forum on BigFooty have one of the lowest thread counts?...because we are silent and not angry enough. What is it with MFC supporters?

I was there when we were smacked by the Cats , where we were shamefully embarrased and in fact were lucky to score a single point before half time. The reaction from supporters?...muted silence, maybe some laughter here and there....oh, and I forgot the "polite" clapping .

My point is that we don't get angry enough. Would a Richmond , Collingwood, Carlton or an Essendon have voted to merge away their club? No way. Yet we did. Thats a fact..we did. A disgrace.

You missed my point. Its not a crap thread. I'm just trying to highlight what I think is one of our main problems as supporters, something thats bugged me for years on end.

How many others in our forum feel like I do?

We need to get really passionate about our great club and not accept any mediocrity. Get angry if thats what it takes.

Yes, get angry brother.

A Brock McLean with that angry look in his eye is what I would love to see at the opening bounce of 2009. ( Boy do we miss a Todd Viney in the middle )

This thread is not crap...rather, our 2008 season was. , and I've seen too many 2008 type seasons in my years of following this club that I love.

2009 will see the start of a long and hopefully succesfull process.Lets show some spirit around the joint and fire our boys up.

Go Dees .

=====================================================

If you doubt that we do in fact lack the passion, then you obviously weren't at the merger meeting . Remember that it was the MFC members who voted in favour of a merger . Passionate supporters at the MFC?....hmmmm.

I was at Dallas Brooks Hall on Sept 16, 1996 as a loosely aligned supporter of the Demon Alternative group with Mark Jenkins, Angus Graham, and Michael Dobel, amongst others. It's a night I'll never forget. I believe that the sentiment of the majority of supporters in that room were anti-merger. Some were feral in their vitriol towards those orchestrating such a move, including yours truly. I booed with venom pro-merger exponent Ron Barassi, and others, when their images came on the stage screen. We saved our best though for Tiger Ridley, Hassa Mann, Ian Johnson, Bill Guest and the rest of the Board when they appeared. There were anti-merger signs everywhere. After questions and answers from both sides, and after copping heaps for what seemed like an eternity, a defiant Ridley called his men up off their chairs to stand next to him at the front of the stage and urged them to raise their collective arms in a show of unity. We booed louder. It was one wild night. I don't feel great about abusing Melbourne icons now, but such was the passion of possibly losing my club that those emotions were hard to contain. And naturally it was a last chance to hopefully sway any swinging voters left in the room. I confess to having a grudging admiration for Ridley that night. Even though I didn't agree with him he shone amongst his peers amidst a sea of acrimony. The loudest cheers earlier in the night were for Robbie Flower when he made his way to his seat amongst supporters. Robbie had declared himself anti-merger in the preceding weeks.

What many don't know, unless they were there that night, is that literally thousands of supporters were locked out of the venue. It was far too small to cater for the masses that wanted to attend and cast their vote. We did an impromptu sample survey of those queued outside and over 80% were anti-merger. They never got to vote. And it's no exaggeration to say that there were thousands locked outside. The Demon Alternative would have challenged the result in the courts due to the MFC failing to provide a venue that adequately catered to all those wishing to express a vote. Interestingly, the venue had been booked for that night by the MFC almost a year earlier.

The pro-merge result now stands as part of our history, but the Board had a major advantage with proxies (including at least one Board Members private employees that didn't even barrack for Melbourne but joined up and voted 'yes' under instruction). And I don't begrudge the many supporters that faithfully voted 'yes' to the merger, as they placed their support in mostly good men, who at the time advocated the only viable solution they saw for a club lacking support. Unfortunately though, the result lends itself to dolts who have no real clue as to what it was like at the time, but like to regurgitate this part of our history in order to validate pre-conceived ideas about Melbourne supporters. If anyone wanted to know the definition of "passion" they only had to attend that night.

I post this only to give a snapshot to those who know about the meeting, but were either too young to be there, or weren't able to attend. I also do it to give perspective against the backdrop of prejudice that envelops this part of our inglorious history.

H

Whoa, that's passion fellas. Do you have a picture of a shocked Greg Evans? One of the rare anti-dexter claw in the ass shocks for Greg. Or am i thinking if someone else? Still, good write up bruv.

This thread is crap.

Richmond supporters are not passionate, just plain feral. Surely you have seen the decayed tooth nit ifested ferals with missing teeth that turn up in droves. Perhaps we are boring, richmond are not boring, they are a species unkown to humankind. Feral bogan band wagoners

what are you implying num-nuts?

Well, you openly flame us for taking the piss out of the tigers supporters (as for original post, i liken them to the pies because of the passion), and you then berate the tiger supporters by basically calling them stupid.

It's ok mate, it really is good to be arrogant demon supporter. At the moment, our status is all we have over others.

Well, you openly flame us for taking the piss out of the tigers supporters (as for original post, i liken them to the pies because of the passion), and you then berate the tiger supporters by basically calling them stupid.

It's ok mate, it really is good to be arrogant demon supporter. At the moment, our status is all we have over others.

listen mate, every team has there fare share of nuff nuffs but the fortunate thing is for richmond there (nuff nuffs) buy memberships, and i think it is quite arrogant on your behalf to suggest that all melbourne supporters think that we are better than everyone else, (I certainly dont think im better than them). and believe "our status" is all that counts. What makes you any better than them? Money?That is the sort of shit that leads to stereo types for example Richmond supporters being boggans.

"If you doubt that we do in fact lack the passion, then you obviously weren't at the merger meeting . Remember that it was the MFC members who voted in favour of a merger . Passionate supporters at the MFC?....hmmmm."
that quote from 'AFL is No 1' is crap, l was there at Dallas Brroks Hall and 90% of people ther were dead against the merger, it was passionate and fiery against the merger, the fallicy that is the supporters did NOT vote for merger it was a stitch up by Bill Guest and the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond FC. The best when it comes to passionate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back