Richmond FC. The best when it comes to passionate.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm for protesting against the club for real reasons. Not because they didn't sign somebody. Was too young to go feral in '96 myself but looking back I still can't believe we didn't go absolutely nuts.

It should have been organised with the Hawthorn fans that when Dunstall kicked his 100th that everyone ran on and refused to leave as an anti-merger protest.

Every supporter group has a core of passionate fans. The bigger the main fanbase, the bigger the core. We have about 13 fans, therefore we look less passionate.

Anyway, what is 'passion'? Do I have to wave pom poms and write stupid messages for the banner, or do I have to spend half my life at the club protesting about something? Sit next to half the people on here some time if you want to see passion - I go absolutely nuts at games, but just because I'm not some ******** (or group thereof) who makes a scene of themselves when they do it am I less passionate?

Every supporter group has a core of passionate fans. The bigger the main fanbase, the bigger the core. We have about 13 fans, therefore we look less passionate.

Anyway, what is 'passion'? Do I have to wave pom poms and write stupid messages for the banner, or do I have to spend half my life at the club protesting about something? Sit next to half the people on here some time if you want to see passion - I go absolutely nuts at games, but just because I'm not some ******** (or group thereof) who makes a scene of themselves when they do it am I less passionate?

Yep well said Super, We are indeed small but very passionate. Dont want to embarass the poor guy but I think Whelan-Legend deserves a special mention for defending us on many occasions and with class, statistics, and humour on the AFL board and other BF sites.

I could name at least 10 more regulars, but they hopefully know who they are. :thumbsu:.

Keep the posts coming in strong boys, our power is with numbers.

hrmm how quickly we forget when richmond wernt going so well one of their fans even spat on the coach and their players. If that is regarded as "passionate" and "great" then id much rather have our own melbourne supporters coz at least we know we will always be behind our team for better or worse

hrmm how quickly we forget when richmond wernt going so well one of their fans even spat on the coach and their players. If that is regarded as "passionate" and "great" then id much rather have our own melbourne supporters coz at least we know we will always be behind our team for better or worse

Wow one instant from an entire supporter base.

Hope you don't work for the Government! You'd walk out onto the street, survey them, then pass them off as the entire population!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow one instant from an entire supporter base.

Hope you don't work for the Government! You'd walk out onto the street, survey them, then pass them off as the entire population!

agreed, that was one person out of around 30-40,000 members, however iirc for around 2 or 3 weeks richmond supporters were lining up near the players race abusing them for their poor performances. That does not sound like a great supporter base. Believe me i do like the tiges but we shouldnt get caried away that their supporters are the best in the comp simply because they yell out 'yellow and black' really loud and make a few protests to get a certain player that they wanted. If the tiges have a streak of 4 - 5 losses, we'll see how passionate and loyal they really are.

agreed, that was one person out of around 30-40,000 members, however iirc for around 2 or 3 weeks richmond supporters were lining up near the players race abusing them for their poor performances. That does not sound like a great supporter base. Believe me i do like the tiges but we shouldnt get caried away that their supporters are the best in the comp simply because they yell out 'yellow and black' really loud and make a few protests to get a certain player that they wanted. If the tiges have a streak of 4 - 5 losses, we'll see how passionate and loyal they really are.
Well who's more passionate?
Collingwood, with their gun-slinging cheer squad?
Melbourne, with their weekly snow trips and range rovers?
Carlton, with their drunkards and ethnics?

See what I did, stero-typed the sterotypical view of each fan group...
It's not hard to find one dud in a group of 30-40k of members.
And as previously mentioned, the "spitter" wasn't a member.
And coming off last place last year, I think we still managed to break our record of membership. Now that is pretty passionate!

=====================================================

If you doubt that we do in fact lack the passion, then you obviously weren't at the merger meeting . Remember that it was the MFC members who voted in favour of a merger . Passionate supporters at the MFC?....hmmmm.

I was at both Freo and Bris games and yes I agree we showed something ...but we need the same every week , on and OFF the field.

This thread is directed at us , the supporters rather than the guys on the field.

I think that we don't want it hard enough and thats why we lack that certain something in the way we barrack for the Dees at our games.

Why does the MFC forum on BigFooty have one of the lowest thread counts?...because we are silent and not angry enough. What is it with MFC supporters?

I was there when we were smacked by the Cats , where we were shamefully embarrased and in fact were lucky to score a single point before half time. The reaction from supporters?...muted silence, maybe some laughter here and there....oh, and I forgot the "polite" clapping .

My point is that we don't get angry enough. Would a Richmond , Collingwood, Carlton or an Essendon have voted to merge away their club? No way. Yet we did. Thats a fact..we did. A disgrace.

You missed my point. Its not a crap thread. I'm just trying to highlight what I think is one of our main problems as supporters, something thats bugged me for years on end.

How many others in our forum feel like I do?

We need to get really passionate about our great club and not accept any mediocrity. Get angry if thats what it takes.

Yes, get angry brother.

A Brock McLean with that angry look in his eye is what I would love to see at the opening bounce of 2009. ( Boy do we miss a Todd Viney in the middle )

This thread is not crap...rather, our 2008 season was. , and I've seen too many 2008 type seasons in my years of following this club that I love.

2009 will see the start of a long and hopefully succesfull process.Lets show some spirit around the joint and fire our boys up.

Go Dees .
stop living in the past mate half the melbourne members we have now would not have been around for that merger and i am sure it would be a different story now if there was a vote for a merger

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond FC. The best when it comes to passionate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back