Richmond Leading The Race To Secure Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we have a strong following in tasmania + bennys undeniable charm and contacts within AFL tasmania proabaly counts for runs on the board in our bid

Will be interesting to see how the wider tiger faithful will handle the possibility of 4 home games a year in Tasmania Will they see it as an exercise in pragmatics, or a sell out. I for one would welcome it, but then again I live here so any chance to see my beloved tigers is a +:)

''Brayshaw's comments are obviously welcomed and we are very happy to talk to them,'' he said. ''But at this point Richmond has been the most proactive. That's probably where we are at. We have got some more talks planned with Richmond people in the next couple of weeks, so we are just continuing to progress from our perspective.''

lol that wont help the Richmond-North relations

would rather those 4 games at the mcg

is the club really that desperate for $

$4 million dollars in debt.

Which can be erased when the Tigers start performing...

Extra 10,000 through the gates say for 8 games = $1.5M

Extra 10,000 members = just over $1m

Bigger sponsors etc...

It all comes down to performance and then you will see a resurgence in support and income etc

Don't need Tassie but it will help...I dont mind the interstate teams being housed down there instead of Etihad...I see it as a win win. No Etihad games :thumbsu:

lol that wont help the Richmond-North relations
No one wants them. Not even there dwindling supporter base why would AFL Tasmania give them games. The stands would be empty ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eradicating debt would only be one of the criteria for considering such an option. The 16 mill the Hawks have recieved over 4 years + an extension will see them remain one of the most prosperous and heavily supported clubs in the league We'd be crazy not to at least seriously consider any option the state govt along with AFL puts as a means of securing our long term future If selling off 4 games a year for the foreseeable future is one way of ensuring that, then I say, Like the Hawks, we should also do it .

To MT and the like, I think Benny and co. have a better idea of what is required to make us a powerhouse on and off field, all the extra money will allow us to invest more money into recruiting as well as player development.
Money in the bank is far more important then crowd numbers

thanks equus. well then i say go for it. would still rather another way as those games would be suited for the G.

Eradicating debt would only be one of the criteria for considering such an option. The 16 mill the Hawks have recieved over 4 years + an extension will see them remain one of the most prosperous and heavily supported clubs in the league We'd be crazy not to at least seriously consider any option the state govt along with AFL puts as a means of securing our long term future If selling off 4 games a year for the foreseeable future is one way of ensuring that, then I say, Like the Hawks, we should also do it .
good post. logical and to the point:thumbsu:

2 home games would be grouse
I think 4 would be too much

Agree. How many compensatory away games would members get in to back in Melbourne (how many do Hawthorn members get)?

As long as we no longer have to play home games at Docklands, and personally I'd love an excuse to get away for a weekend or two each year, which I appreciate isn't overly affordable to all (including me).

Agree. How many compensatory away games would members get in to back in Melbourne (how many do Hawthorn members get)?

As long as we no longer have to play home games at Docklands, and personally I'd love an excuse to get away for a weekend or two each year, which I appreciate isn't overly affordable to all (including me).

Good point...Considering so many of our supporters dont like,or even refuse to go to dockalands, then they(the AFL) should consider that as a apart of the trade off.... but keep all our G games as non negotiable

Very good news.

If we secure this we can really get the club onto an upward trend and set ourselves up for the next few decades. Look at the massive effect it had on Hawthorn, and not only in terms of finanances. Their memberships have exploded, and they currently have more than 16000 junior memberships (the next highest being Collingwood at about 10000). Make no mistake, it has set up the Hawks as one of the power clubs of the AFL, far ahead of all of the so-called 'big four' bar Collingwood.

We're also the best placed to take the offer, with strong past links to Tasmania and more Tasmanian members than any other club bar Hawthorn. This can only be a positive thing for our future.

Which can be erased when the Tigers start performing...

Extra 10,000 through the gates say for 8 games = $1.5M

Extra 10,000 members = just over $1m

Bigger sponsors etc...

It all comes down to performance and then you will see a resurgence in support and income etc

Don't need Tassie but it will help...I dont mind the interstate teams being housed down there instead of Etihad...I see it as a win win. No Etihad games :thumbsu:

Less 20,000 through gates for say 4 games = $1.5M

I'm assuming the Tassie games will be pulling massive crowds of 10-15,000 :cool:

Good point...Considering so many of our supporters dont like,or even refuse to go to dockalands, then they(the AFL) should consider that as a apart of the trade off.... but keep all our G games as non negotiable

Yep i agree. I hate going to jihad and it would suit me down to the ground to stay at home and watch us play in Tassie (but keep our MCG games if possible):thumbsu:

Less 20,000 through gates for say 4 games = $1.5M

I'm assuming the Tassie games will be pulling massive crowds of 10-15,000 :cool:

Those extra 10k were at the G and the extra 10k members were the closet ones that stay hidden in the cupboard

Yes we wil lget more members fro mTassie possibly, yesthere will be less attendance in Tassie as opposed to Melbourne but if it is the crapola games against Freo, Port, Swans, Lions...I say take that sh1te to Tassie, we can watch it on tv...no loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back